Jason Derulo mocks Jesus; sparks outrage

prézli

Moments ago, the ‘Savage Love’ singer lifted the lid on the artwork for the album and ignited an immediate firestorm from folks who deemed it “sacrilegious.”

Derulo is seen rocking a crown of thorns – which many commenters on his Instagram post feel is a mocking recreation of Jesus Christ (on whom a crown of thorns was placed during the biblical story of the crucifixion).

One user wrote:

“Another one mocking Jesus! Show respect!”

While another added:

“What’s up with all of the sacrilege in the music industry? Jesus’ crown of thorns was placed on him as mockery. Why would anyone want to make a fashion statement of it?”

Check out more:

jason-derulo-comments-2-tgj-600x604.jpg

jason-derulo-nu-king-tgj-600x599.jpg

https://thatgrapejuice.net/2024/01/jason-derulos-nu-king-album-cover-sparks-outrage-another-one-mocking-jesus/

Edited by prézli

I'm tired of these Jesus freaks!

Edited by Mezter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The way a random man from 2000 years ago with hallucinations and delusions that he was sent to earth by God created an entire religion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

He's so hot

I allow it

• Like 1

It looks like a crown to me 

Recreations of Jesus are ok tho (e.g. Christians constantly recreate Jesus to look like a white man)

People saying Jesus and God and mean it. And they are allowed to VOTE too! :bibliahh:

• Like 3

A Sabrina Carpenter copycat I see 

Cool, but can we start normalising mocking other religions too. There's nothing about Christianity that hasn't been mocked to death yet 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I love how Kendrick used it on his last album cover, this just seems lazy.

Like JD, the artwork is basic/tame?

I think calling it "Savage Love" is offensive.

Edited by JonnyCat

who cares, doesnt he have a goat to eat for satan

38 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

Cool, but can we start normalising mocking other religions too. There's nothing about Christianity that hasn't been mocked to death yet 

Mock jews your career is in danger

Mock muslims your life is in danger

They knew who to play with

• Like 3

you know damn well that it's just him shouting his name on every track :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

I guess this really only matters if your fanbase leans Christian and sensitive. 

I guess Canada is the only normal country in the world :gaycat2:

Less than 2% of church destroying criminals arrested in Canada - The  Counter Signal

Edited by Raptus
  • Like 1

Will the people who cares about this be streaming? I won't and I don't care so...

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

The way a random man from 2000 years ago with hallucinations and delusions that he was sent to earth by God created an entire religion.

The way followers of said religión always have a huge stick of torns up their a$ss. 

42 minutes ago, faceclef said:

Mock jews your career is in danger

Mock muslims your life is in danger

They knew who to play with

Tells you all need to know about those religions if you have to fear for your life lmao. 

Did he pay for this article to be written? I haven't seen anything about him or any album in what feels like years :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.