Justin Timberlake - 'Everything I Thought It Was'

KatyPrismSpirit

No Angels sounds really good. 

I also liked Drown, it'd have been a better lead single choice than Selfish if you ask me. 

The whole album sounds promising. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Facelessboy

• Johnny Cash

• Starkboy

• KatyPrismSpirit

On 3/4/2024 at 8:35 PM, sam.teas said:

Expect a new single to come soon, with a music video

On 3/5/2024 at 7:48 AM, sam.teas said:

No Angels

It will serve as a focus single, trying to increase attention to the album

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sam.teas said:

It will serve as a focus single, trying to increase attention to the album

Will there be a music video for it?

1 hour ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

Will there be a music video for it?

How about you read the post above yours?

Do we think this is even hitting close  100k first week? 👀

4 hours ago, GRMusic said:

How about you read the post above yours?

jurassic park dinosaur GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kliamzJ3 said:

Do we think this is even hitting close  100k first week? 👀

Would actually be surprised if he did much less than 90-110k.

How would you guys rank only the snippets he shared on IG?

Me:
1. F***in' Up The Disco
2. No Angels
3. Technicolor
4. Play
5. Liar
6. Memphis (it's just too short to really judge it)

Am I the only one who loved Drown?  It’s been in the rotation since release.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LovingDays said:

Me:
1. F***in' Up The Disco
2. No Angels
3. Technicolor
4. Play
5. Liar

1. No Angels

2. Fuckin Up The Disco

3. Play

4. Liar

5. Technicolor

I don't count Memphis since we basically just heard the outro. If we include the other songs we've heard, I would place My Favorite Drug and Sanctified in 1 and 2 respectively.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LovingDays said:

Me:
1. F***in' Up The Disco
2. No Angels
3. Technicolor

4. Play
5. Liar

This is the trinity so far

he hinted at No Angels as the new single on IG btw

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4MJJ32ANCb/?igsh=ZmFweWg1eG5heDdl

No Angels sounds like a hit

• Like 2

Did Timbaland and pharrell produce some of this? Gonna be so real and say it sounds good but def a little watered down and geared to radio and I’m wondering why 

We now know how basically most of the album sounds like (the 8 instagram snippets, the 2 singles, Sanctified and My Favorite Drug) and Love & War is the only one that kinda loses me, the rest is return to form JT.

Edited by Popboi.

Wait is he dropping a promo single tn?

Aside from Sanctified, the slower/mid-tempo songs don't seem to be on par with the ones he's done in the past. They don't sound as good or memorable as Higher Higher, Say Something, That Girl, Dress On or Amnesia.

The more uptempo songs sound great though, some of the best he's done since FS/LS.

15 hours ago, BuzzCharts said:

Am I the only one who loved Drown?  It’s been in the rotation since release.  

No. I loved it tbh. Some of the snippets so far are OK but... I know music is a youth game and maybe I spend too much time on TikTok but a lot of the snippets sound a bit dated to me.
Working with Pharell and Timbaland has served him well in the past but music is a whole diff world these days but he should've worked with newer and more current producers. But I still going to wait before I judge this album, I actually like MOTW (Higher Higher, Breeze off the Pond and Livin' Off The Land I still listen to).

6 days left for the album's release :jonny: I'm sooo excited, I truly think this can be his best record since 20/20 part 1

• Like 1

Little disclaimer: This brief review is intentionally empty of explicit spoilers, as I prefer to maintain a certain level of ambiguity in my comments to avoid potential controversies. Also, this was my first experience with an album by Justin Timberlake, and I want to emphasise that this comment is driven by my personal opinion and does not intend to offend or disrespect his fans and his music choices and productions.

At the moment, I cannot claim to be entirely satisfied with the album, and I still find it difficult to fully immerse myself, or at least mostly, in its content, perhaps due to its length or because it requires time to be fully appreciated. Overall, the album offers a musically and lyrically valid construction, although in some parts, there are noticeable slowdowns due to the content and subject matter (love, passion, hate and fun). It is an album that demonstrates a high degree of inspiration, clearly showcasing talent and the desire to express it fully in the final work, especially through lyrical creativity. However, the length of the record might be an important and "critical" element, with some parts feeling heavy or too slow, causing a sense of "regression" in listening. But, beyond this detail, it's normal to feel too young for this sound, as the album blends elements typical of the last decades of the last century with the innovations of current productions, such as reverberations and electronic background vocals (as seen in Memphis and No Angels). The adoption of this sound approach might initially generate a sense of inadequacy, as I personally experienced, but it could\can diminish with further listens. The emotionally engaging tracks are numerous and capable of capturing the listener's attention, alternating between soft and slow moments to exciting and fresh ones, and moments of lyrical and productive sensuality. Debatable, in my opinion, is the choice of singles and their order: it's clearly a matter of marketing decisions, preferences, and record label's influence, but personally, I would have preferred replacing Drown with My Favourite Drug. At the moment, I am unable to provide a definitive judgment on the album, but I can say that it is a pleasant, complex, and sharp work.

• Like 1

Did I ever think a Justin album would excite me ever again? Not in a million years. But, every snippet so far has me and a couple friends who don't care about him pretty hyped. This might be his best release since FutureSex. As long as none of the songs pull a Filthy, meaning:  a great production that's dragged down by all-over-the-place nonsensical melodies. 

Composer Credits

1. "Memphis" (Justin Timberlake, Floyd Nathaniel Hills & Kenyon Dixon)

2. "F****n' Up The Disco" (Justin Timberlake, Angel López, Federico Vindver & Adam Wiles)

3. "No Angels" (Justin Timberlake, Angel López, Federico Vindver & Adam Wiles)

4. "Play" (Justin Timberlake, Ryan Tedder, Michael Pollack, Federico Vindver, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, Andrew DeRoberts & Zach Skelton)

5. "Technicolor" (Justin Timberlake, Angel López, Federico Vindver, Timothy Mosley, Kenyon Dixon, Larrance Dopson & Rio Root)

6. "Drown" (Justin Timberlake, Louis Bell, Henry Walter, Amy Allen & Kenyon Dixon)

7. "Liar" featuring Fireboy DML (Justin Timberlake, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, Kenyon Dixon, Adedamola Oyinlola Adefolahan, Atia Boggs & Amy Allen)

8. "Infinity Sex" (Justin Timberlake, Angel López, Federico Vindver & Adam Wiles)

9. "Love & War" (Justin Timberlake, Angel López, Federico Vindver, Timothy Mosley, Kenyon Dixon & Larrance Dopson)

10. "Sanctified" featuring Tobe Nwigwe (Justin Timberlake, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, Kenyon Dixon, Elliott Ives, Robin "Rob Knox" Tadross & Tobechukwu Nwigwe)

11. "My Favorite Drug" (Justin Timberlake, Louis Bell, Henry Walter, Amy Allen, Theron Makiel Thomas & Dougie F)

12. "Flame" (Justin Timberlake, Floyd Nathaniel Hills, Kenyon Dixon, Robin "Rob Knox" Tadross & Elliot Ives)

13. "Imagination" (Justin Timberlake, Larrance Dopson, Louis Bell, Henry Walter, Amy Allen & Theron Makiel Thomas)

14. "What Lovers Do" (Justin Timberlake, Angel López, Federico Vindver, Timothy Mosley, Kenyon Dixon, Larrance Dopson, Louis Bell, Henry Walter, Amy Allen & Theron Makiel Thomas)

15. "Selfish" (Justin Timberlake, Louis Bell, Henry Walter, Theron Makiel Thomas & Amy Allen)

16. "Alone" (Justin Timberlake, Floyd Nathaniel Hills & Kenyon Dixon)

17. "Paradise featuring *NSYNC (Justin Timberlake, Angel López, Federico Vindver, Timothy Mosley & Kenyon Dixon)

18. "Conditions" (Justin Timberlake, Louis Bell, Henry Walter, Theron Makiel Thomas & Amy Allen)

Edited by PatrickGray.12
  • Like 1

Less than one WEEK :duca:

Drown and No Angeles my fave of the 3 songs. I haven't listened to the snippets. I'm excited for Friday.

no angels is a BOP :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.