• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Facelessboy

• Johnny Cash

• Starkboy

• KatyPrismSpirit

Way better then man of the woods, but not as good as his older stuff. The production kind feels like Splice samples thrown together. But on first listen I enjoy it and am glad JT is back on this sound 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

2 hours ago, omrimayo said:

6 reviews so far.

which means… 50. Same as MOTW, which we all know is much worse album, yeah they hate the man and we all know why.

I don't like him and this album aint very good but these reviews are way too dramatic , it's a solid 65-70 album

• Like 1

I enjoy most of the songs, but I don't think it works as a whole. The songs are better separately, on their own.

The title and the album cover sell a seriousness and a deepness that are barely present on the album...

The lead single is great, but it's a mislead so...

I love love love the last 4 songs together

• Like 1

Everybody gets super acclaimed albums nowadays and suddenly they get so serious for him. :dies: they are full of **** and act like the typical TW stans.

anyway I truly believe the 2nd half is stronger than the first one. I may get why someone may find the first tracks, Infinite Sex and Love War offputting. 

No Angels, Technicolor and Drown are the standouts of the first half.

Everything from Sanctified till the end is a hit with no miss at all. :jonny:

• Like 3

Most songs sound so ava max’ed and cheap. I dont know what happened honestly

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The absolute nose dive he took after 20/20 part 1 should be studied :rip: 

• Thanks 1

Technicolor growing on me

My favorites: 

play 

technicolor 

sanctified

My favorite drug

flame - just a little too long 

what lovers do - sexy timbo r&b vibes. Whew 

Conditions

32 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Everybody gets super acclaimed albums nowadays and suddenly they get so serious for him. :dies: they are full of **** and act like the typical TW stans.

anyway I truly believe the 2nd half is stronger than the first one. I may get why someone may find the first tracks, Infinite Sex and Love War offputting. 

No Angels, Technicolor and Drown are the standouts of the first half.

Everything from Sanctified till the end is a hit with no miss at all. :jonny:

That’s my problem.

My god...Sanctified studio version goes HARD, that beat, so far the album is a solid 7/10

Edit: My favorite drug is the best so far its incredibly infenctious

Edited by Harrys Hairflip
  • Like 1

I feel like people are being really dramatic about this album. It’s actually pretty good not as good as 20/20 p1 but he never said it would be :rip:

Just enjoy it for what it is & stop comparing it to every other album released.

• Thanks 1

The first half sounds very jarring and trying to “keep with the times”. The second half is slightly better but hmm, he definitely lost some of that sparkle since FSLS and 20/20 days. :monkey: 

Second half is definitely better… I think I’d give this a 7-7.5/10. I hope he only preforms a fewww(3-4) songs from this album on tour, or else :penguin:

Trully his True Blood video ... 

Edited by shark_heather

This album is good :flame:

I was worried when 8 heard Opening Track… I was like why is he trying to sound like Drake 

The the Disco, No Angeles & Play :WAP:

the production is insane :clap3:sounds expensive 

Did he record this after Dua Future Nostalgia ?? I see a lot of songs that sound like Hallucinate, Pretty Please & Don’t Start Now

Overall the album is good, it’s better than MOTW 

JT is so talented sadly he is currently on his hate era, let’s see how does this album does 

Also Selfish is great but damn… there like 5 better options for comeback single like WTF

• Like 1

I like 'No Angel'. :foxaylove3:

• Like 1

I typically don't like when albums end with a bunch of slow songs because it feels like the energy just dies, but the Alone-Paradise-Conditions trifecta is beautiful and I keep playing all 3 back to back. 

I enjoy the album, Infinity Sex and My Favorite Drug are bops :gaycatina1:

Thankfully i have never cared about reviews, never read one and always enjoyed experiencing albums on my on. 

The funny thing about this album is that it feels 'too polished' at certain points.

Like his voice sounds so clear and smooth and the production in some songs is almost too clean.

I hope I make sense.

Like for example Sanctify was probably my fav. song we heard pre-release and that SNL performance was :flame: but the studio version is like all the life was sucked out of it. Like some of these songs were made for a live setting rather than studio, if that makes sense

It's not his best album but it is also not a bad album. I also think some of the pre-released songs gave a wrong idea of the album

Like for me the highlights are Flame, Paradise, My Favorite Drug, F*ckin'Up The Disco, No Angels and Technicolor after a few listens

My least fav tracks are probably Memphis, Drown, Selfish and Conditions.

I do applaude him for stepping outside his comfortzone of producers and not have Timbaland and Pharell on the main duties and have Timbaland on the backseat, but on the flipside those producers love to color outside of the lines to some extend. Like for example Play is a bop, and tries to search for the lines, but never goes outside of them, while I feel  it could have been an even better track with a little more oomph and variation. Same for Infinity Sex, some other songs also suffer from that, despite me enjoying them.

i surely will keep listening to this abum, because it has a nice collection of danceable pop songs, and by no means the album deserves to be slammed so hard.

Memphis was such an off-putting start to the album. Sounds very Justin Beiber/wannabe pop-trap with cheap production and bad rhymes. Like any 20-year-old on Tik Tok could’ve recorded it.

• Like 3

Play is too short :jonny2: I need moooore

17 minutes ago, J-esper said:

The funny thing about this album is that it feels 'too polished' at certain points.

Like his voice sounds so clear and smooth and the production in some songs is almost too clean.

My thoughts exactly.

It's not a bad album per se, but it lacks... I don't know, something. It's somewhere in the middle and it never reaches a climax. 

Listening now. Memphis doesn’t feel like a good opener. FUTD is amazing! No Angels is a bop, so is Play. But I wish Technicolor was split into 2 songs, I know there will be days I only wanna listen to the second half.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.