Justin Timberlake - 'Everything I Thought It Was'

KatyPrismSpirit

2 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Eh. I’ve read a couple and they’re pretty spot on imo. His lyrics are pretty terrible, everything so far (I’ve made it to Drown) sounds like lesser-versions of better songs he’s done and he kind of sounds bored.

That said Fuckin Up the Disco & Technicolor are my favorites right now. But even then it’s because they’re like sleepy cousins of better songs (Let the Groove In, Strawberry Bubblegum).

We’ll see how the rest plays out. It’s easily better than Man of the Woods, though so that’s a plus at least. Though you can tell that was super intentional.

It’s not his greatest but every reviews is 2/5 is a bit much. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Facelessboy

• Johnny Cash

• Starkboy

• KatyPrismSpirit

I really like the verses and chorus of F****n’ Up The Disco but don’t like the last minute at all. Wish the whole song had the catchy vibe of the verses and chorus instead of that funk (idk what the word is) vibe at the end

The album isn‘t too long, it‘s full of bangers.

2 hours ago, omrimayo said:

The reviews can’t be worse. Jesus. Shame and it feels personal than musically.

Exactly, I randomly clicked someone who wrote the review on the guardian and she gave high praise to the women in me:ducky:

After listening through, I do think they went with the best possible choice of lead single

• Like 1

Sanctified should've been the focus single.

I’m pleasantly surprised. This FELT professional. This was the caliber I expect from someone of his stature. Happy he delivered! I was worried I’d be underwhelmed 

The album is good. Really good. 4-5 of the uptempos could’ve been left off though. They all pretty much sound the same. But selfish, technicolor, liar, flame, love and war, drown and paradise and alone are the standouts to me.

Now i kind of wonder how the tour will be 

This is a very big album and he has a lot of past hits . How are all gonna fit in the setlist ? 

6 reviews so far.

which means… 50. Same as MOTW, which we all know is much worse album, yeah they hate the man and we all know why.

I listened to the first 4 tracks but i dont like this… i gotta listen on shuffle

• Confused 1

Just finished my first listen. No Angel , Technicolor , Sanctified , Flame , F***n Up The Disco , My Favorite Drug  are standouts to me

I couldn't even finish the album, it all sound so cheap and try hard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I listened to the first 4 tracks but i dont like this… i gotta listen on shuffle

lol the way i'm the same with all albums, every beginning after 3-4 tracks i'm like this not hitting the way it's supposed to. then when i put it on shuffle,  it clicks with most tracks. and that's the only way i eventually can enjoy it in a normal order more down the line

my brain works in mysterious ways

ps: i gotta check out this album today or tomorrow

7 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

lol the way i'm the same with all albums, every beginning after 3-4 tracks i'm like this not hitting the way it's supposed to. then when i put it on shuffle,  it clicks with most tracks. and that's the only way i eventually can enjoy it in a normal order more down the line

my brain works in mysterious ways

ps: i gotta check out this album today or tomorrow

Same. 

Also when I have to read a lot of paragraphs. I helps me to digest the information by reading the last paragraph first and then work up to the beginning. 

so far, Flame and Selfish are really the only standouts to me

conditions is good too

7 hours ago, omrimayo said:

Well, when Blackout was released, it didn't get great reviews because of her personal life.

• Like 2

The first 4 songs are some of the worst songs I've heard this year. Technicolor & Drown were decent. Liar wasn't bad. He's back at it with Infinity Sex and Love & War, which are also horrid. That's half the album already. I don't know if I'm gonna have the energy to finish this, but I'll try. Let's do a track-by-track to help time pass

Memphis - 1/5

***** up the Disco - 2/5

No Angels - 1/5

Play - 1/5

Technicolor - 4/5

Drown - 4.5/5

Liar - 3.5/5

Infinity Sex - 1/5

Love & War 1/5

Sanctified 2.5/5

My Favourite Drug - 1.5/5

Flame - 0/5

Imagination - 1/5

What Lovers Do -  2/5

Selfish - 4/5

Alone - 2.5/5

Paradise - 4/5 

Conditions - 4/5 

Omg what is he doing. Just NO in every way on pretty much the entire things bar a few songs. Just a bunch of uninspired, bored sounding songs on auto-pilot. Time to change direction, especially lyrical direction, cause this was cringe through and through. At least half of it should have been axed on the spot. A cute 9 or 10 song album would have done him more favours. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

This is awful 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, omrimayo said:

I don't really think it's about that... people have short memories and the news cycle moves so fast nowadays people are mad today and will forget tomo. Like one of the reviewers said I don't remember which one but JT's success was largely because he was young, good looking and charismatic... he's none of those three things anymore (no shade). If he was a woman he would've been chewed up and spit out by the public a long time ago tbh. Even seeing how defensive people get about him on here is interesting...

As a former stan I loved MOTW and idc what anyone says because you could tell it was authentic and genuine to who he was at that time. This album doesn't even have that. It feels like he asked a bunch of writers to give him a hit song.

• Thanks 1

The last tracks of This album are jam after jam.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.