Apple’s Vision Pro Won’t Have Netflix, YouTube or Spotify Apps

MoonGoodandHappy

"Videos on YouTube, like Netflix, will be available on Vision Pro via the built-in web browser, but there won’t be a dedicated app for the headset, according to the video platform."

"A Spotify rep confirmed that the music and audio streamer hasn’t announced any plans for a Vision Pro app but declined to comment further."

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/apples-vision-pro-netflix-youtube-spotify-1235877784/

Anyway, I wait for the Google/Samsung version. :giraffe:

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy

I mean, it’s pretty reasonable that no third party would like to invest the development in such a niche product at this stage. 

• Like 1

what about p0rnhub...? Just asking for a friend  x :gaycat3:

Edited by Maroonx

I was looking forward for vision pro, and had a budget saved for it

But I think I’m going to skip the whole 1st generation 

It will be extremely limited and already hard to get.

Not to mention that is going to get trashed left and right by the GP because they can’t really afford it.

They are just testing the waters, once it breaks through I feel like it’s going to be more affordable and a lot more companies will invest in entertainment there.

2 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Not to mention that is going to get trashed left and right by the GP because they can’t really afford it.

They are just testing the waters, once it breaks through I feel like it’s going to be more affordable and a lot more companies will invest in entertainment there.

This is how I've always treated Apple products. I buy in on the second to third generation when all the kinks are worked out.

they trying to set apple up for failure. wasnt the youtube app pre installed and google being the set browser

1 minute ago, St. Charles said:

This is how I've always treated Apple products. I buy in on the second to third generation when all the kinks are worked out.

Yeah their first generation products are always limited

I feel like they are targeted to stupid rich people who want to flaunt it first

Basically the same dumb crowd that buy Gucci, LV and those tacky brands 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I don’t see something so insular as VR ever breaking through. oculus has been at it for 10 years now already and no one cares lol

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yonsé said:

I don’t see something so insular as VR ever breaking through. oculus has been at it for 10 years now already and no one cares lol

Imo it will replace TV, laps and PC once the technology is really upgraded.

8 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Apple knows how to shake the table (airpods, magsafe, ipods, ipads).

Watch them take over once it becomes more compact and affordable. 

These apps and more will come pretty quickly if it’s successful enough and shows potential for a more entry-level consumer version. The first launch is, after all, a developer-focused product.

I don't see any problem I always use Safari for watching Netflix (on my desktop)

1st gen of iPod Touch, Nano, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Airpod, Airpod Pro were all a slay. This still will be a massive success there's literally no doubt

Can't wait for the VR fad to be done and over with already :katie:

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Imo it will replace TV, laps and PC once the technology is really upgraded.

maybe if the technology is made into glasses size. I just don’t think anyone wants to wear goggles that block their vision to do work or watch a movie.

most people like to be able to shift their vision from one screen to another. if I’m wearing an Apple vision to watch a movie and I want to order DoorDash, I have to stop the movie and take off the goggles. (Or put it in that vision mode) On a tv I can just look down at my phone while the movie plays and my face isn’t sweating.

Edited by yonsé

6 minutes ago, yonsé said:

maybe if the technology is made into glasses size. I just don’t think anyone wants to wear goggles that block their vision to do work or watch a movie.

most people like to be able to shift their vision from one screen to another. if I’m wearing an Apple vision to watch a movie and I want to order DoorDash, I have to stop the movie and take off the goggles. (Or put it in that vision mode) On a tv I can just look down at my phone while the movie plays and my face isn’t sweating.

Yeah I mean it needs to be more user-friendly 

Right now novelty its the only selling point, which is why I’m skipping it

I’m sure the next generations will be completely worth it

It’s not just that they aren’t making their apps for the Vision Pro, they’re intentionally disabling the ability for it to run the iPad version of their apps, which the Vision Pro can do by default without them updating anything.  It’s likely in protest to Apple’s new 27% cut of transactions from outside the App Store.

3 hours ago, Maroonx said:

PH is so 2010, you're missing out if you're using it 

• Like 2

Too expensive for now :gaycat5:

5 hours ago, Maroonx said:

there's nothing good left on there after they removed amateur videos sis

2a392d3011.thumb.gif.831725e51dd75eca6201ca62abc2adfb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spotify makes sense cause who needs that when apple music exist? but no youtube and netflix? maybe if apple tv has more good shows that'd be fine

Doesn't really change much if you can access them with browser, it's like using the laptop.

Thank you Google, Netflix and Spotify for setting up Apple :clap3: they deserve this.

I hope these three provide support when Samsung comes up with their Vision Pro rival.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

there's nothing good left on there after they removed amateur videos sis

2a392d3011.thumb.gif.831725e51dd75eca6201ca62abc2adfb.gif

6 hours ago, tost1 said:

PH is so 2010, you're missing out if you're using it 

girls I'll take recommendations xx :gaycat3:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.