Spotify Mexico surpasses Spotify USA

makeme

Mexico is currently the country that requires the most streams to go #1 on Spotify. 

Top 50 Mexico 

#1 La Diabla 3,089,044

#2 La Victima 2,153,671

#3 Iqual Que Un Angel 1,876,951

Top 50 USA

#1 yes, and? 1,563,480

#2 Lovin on me 1,548,649

#3 redrum 1,507,228

Population

Mexico: 126,000,000

USA: 331,900,000

Edited by makeme
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Crazy but not surprised. Apple Music is basically non existent in MX

• Confused 2

Good. The US has a terrible taste. 

Edited by playwithme

There have been a bunch of days already where Mexico has produced more streams than USA. It makes sense since half of the US market uses other platforms, mainly Apple Music. Mexico and Brazil are very big countries using only Spotify.

Edited by Bonicap
  • Like 4

So being big in Latin America is officially more impressive than being big in the US? :fan:

4 minutes ago, Riot said:

So being big in Latin America is officially more impressive than being big in the US? :fan:

no because US also uses Apple Music, Pandora, Tidal, youtube music and a bunch of other services.

I remember a point where I thought people here in Mexico would never let go off of YouTube and start using Spotify, now both are massive here :deadbanana:

A lot of artists really should start promoting/branching here, the Xavi song is basically top 2 WW only with the Mexico and US streams 

• ATRL Moderator

That’s probably not the best way to measure if Spotify is bigger in Mexico but yeah it wouldn’t surprise me since more services are used in the US. What is the record for the most streamed song in a day in Mexico? Pretty sure it’s 6-7m in the US for some Drake (or Olivia) song. 

14 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

There have been a bunch of days already where Mexico has produced more streams than USA. It makes sense since half of the US market uses other platforms, mainly Apple Music. Mexico and Brazil are very big countries using only Spotify.

But don’t they use Youtube as well? 

Edited by makeme

Latinas power :clap3: now we need to start consuming better music and leave Peso Pluma and those narco corridos tumbados behind.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, makeme said:

Yes, some people still use Youtube to stream music, but much les % than people using Apple Music in USA

Edited by Bonicap

Time for your faves to dive into either Reggaeton or Regional Mexicano :clap3:

20 minutes ago, makeme said:

I am from Mexico and I can assure you that a large part of the population uses YouTube to listen to music. However, Spotify premium has been growing steadily.

I would dare to say that the most popular platforms to listen to music in the country are: 

YouTube (free)

Spotify (free)

Spotify (Premium)

Deezer

Amazon Music

Apple Music

Tidal

Others.

Edited by bliaz
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Yes, some people still use Youtube to stream music, but much les % than people using Apple Music in USA

The population difference between the USA and Mexico should make up for apple music  USA market share tho 

Population

6 minutes ago, makeme said:

The population difference between the USA and Mexico should make up for apple music  USA market share tho 

Population

That's not how maths works luv!

Stay in school kiddos! All it means is more people use Spotify in MX than US. Apple Music is most popular in US for one.

• Thumbs Down 3

16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

That’s probably not the best way to measure if Spotify is bigger in Mexico but yeah it wouldn’t surprise me since more services are used in the US. What is the record for the most streamed song in a day in Mexico? Pretty sure it’s 6-7m in the US for some Drake (or Olivia) song. 

probably Ella Baila Sola with +4.4M

YT is still pretty big in latin america, quite irrelevant in the west and massive in some asian countries

last two days:

India

1 NEW
Atif Aslam - Bairiyaa
2 +1
Vishal Mishra - Dil Jhoom
3 -2
Shiva Choudhary - Jale 2

Mexico

1 =
Xavi - La Diabla
2 =
Xavi - La Víctima
3 =
Grupo Frontera - EL AMOR DE SU VIDA

Brazil

1 +2
JC NO BEAT - Maria Mariah
2 =
MC PH - Let's Go 4 (feat. Mc Davi...)
3 -2
Manu Bahtidão - Daqui pra Sempre (Live)

USA

1 =
Xavi - La Diabla
2 +1
Jack Harlow - Lovin On Me
3 -1
Ariana Grande - yes, and?

Btw the 200th song on the Spotify chart right now has:

USA - 330k

Mexico - 183k

Brazil - 154k

India - 135k

Indonesia - 127k

So I'd believe there are just bigger hits in Mexico right now compared to the US, but overall USA Spotify is still the biggest country. however latin and asian countries keep increasing

That's one of the things I love about streaming. Cause back then you had artists selling tons in North America, Europe and Japan and labels/artists only cared for them, but now you have Latin America and Asia being bigger than Europe and challenging the US and labels/artists can't simply ignore them.

Edited by Kyoto

The top 3 in my country is a disgrace, tho.

Mexico will never be low brow :clap3:

THE most iconic Latino nation :clap3:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, playwithme said:

Good. The US has a terrible taste. 

Same thing can be said about Mexico, they stopped streaming pop music in 2020 :rip:

(I’m Mexican)

• Like 1

Ngl that PP collab song is cute, but I use Apple Music :giraffe:

Does this officially mean that getting a #1 on Spotify Mexico is more impressive than a #1 on Spotify USA?

Shakira really needs to drop that álbum right now... 

• Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.