Project 2025: Trump’s plan for full-blown dictatorship if elected

Horizon Flame

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

This rhetoric does not work when both options are pro-genocide.  

I understand and agree, but there are also other issues in the political climate to consider. Gay rights, climate change, bodily autonomy, etc. 

• Like 1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• ClashAndBurn

• Bloo

• Rep2000

33 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

I understand and agree, but there are also other issues in the political climate to consider. Gay rights, climate change, bodily autonomy, etc. 

I understand, but I also believe in solidarity.  I don’t think I can get myself to morally justify supporting genocide to advance other issues.  I don’t want them to slowly pick off each group one by one.  

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 10:25 AM, Sergi91 said:

When Trump makes LGBT discrimination in the workplace legal again and brings back sodomy laws you’ll be singing a different tune :coffee2:

He can’t bring those back but the Supreme Court Can! Maybe he’ll pass stuff like that for federal employers and contractors. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, St. Charles said:

The problem with this argument is that Biden is doing the bare minimum on these issues as well. Roe v. Wade gets overturned on his watch when Democrats had the House and Senate. How does Biden respond?

The inside story of how President Biden's plan to seat an anti-abortion judge fell apart

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The timing couldn't have been worse.

America was holding its breath for the U.S. Supreme Court to decide whether it would strike down the constitutional right to an abortion — an outcome that seemed preordained after a leaked draft opinion in May.  

But President Joe Biden was ready to make a deal — or what Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell would later call “a personal friendship gesture.”

Dragged down by dismal approval ratings and facing midterms elections that seemed destined to hand Republicans control of Congress, Biden agreed to nominate the senator's choice for federal district judge in Kentucky — a candidate the Republican leader had been trying to get on the bench since 2020.

Yet, that same afternoon, U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Louisville, said a White House official directly informed him that Biden was going to nominate Meredith for federal judge — despite the vehement opposition of the Democratic chairman of the House Budget.

The McConnell adviser said if the Dobbs ruling had instead been announced a few days later on the last day of the Supreme Court's term, Meredith's name likely would have been on the list of judicial nominees.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/mitch-mcconnell/2022/08/17/how-bidens-anti-abortion-judge-pick-ran-headlong-roes-reversal/7788913001/

Biden is so far from being pro-abortion rights it feels like a reach to say he is some safeguard for abortion rights. He's barely spoken about the issue and was mute in the wake of the Dobbs decision. I also don't hear him speaking fervently in favor of gay rights even though LGBTQ+ rights are under siege across the country.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well after today this seems to become more and more of a reality every day! 

I always wondered how Nazi Germany happened, and it’s actually quite scary the parallels I see from then and our current climate. Love that. 

is there really not any other option for this election cuz it seems so hopeless atp...

On 1/18/2024 at 12:28 AM, Trent W said:

Not defending Trump

But life became more expensive and harder under Biden, and honestly he lowkey had a worse term and Palestine :rip:

Democrats need to stop fear mongering Trump and do something to change Biden

Even if Trump is awful, their tactics of fear mongering are pathetic and weak.

The ”anyone but Trump” strategy is not going to work this year.

Ladies and gentlemen Aa5nVx.gif

On 1/21/2024 at 11:51 AM, HeavyMetalAura said:

See this is the thing that I truly can’t comprehend. How can you possibly think that Trump is a potential dictator and still “don’t dislike the guy?”

I’m not trying to attack you but like, I understand liking someone despite a few of their policies/stances or raising an eyebrow at some of their past controversies. I don’t think any politician is without controversy/questionable opinions, so we all have to hold our noses somewhat when we support someone. 

But how can you possibly, in the same sentence, believe that America is heading to a dictatorship under Trump and still NOT dislike him?? 

To me that is an immediate disqualifier. Anyone who threatens democracy should be seen as the ultimate enemy of the State, by definition alone. You should not only dislike him under that logic — you should hate him and want him imprisoned. 

Again not trying to attack you but please explain this logic to me. I would - seriously, not exaggerating - rather a random 15 year old high schooler be POTUS than a dictator. We’d have better chances of preserving our democracy that way. ANYONE but a dictator. It goes so far beyond dislike. 

To answer your question: I am originally from Venezuela and the far left destroyed my country. I'm guessing everyone knows what went down in Venezuela.

In 2018 I fled to Chile and the year after that, the Chilean far left started to destroy Chile too. Chile is a beautiful country that was headed towards becoming a developed nation but not everyone was rich so the far left convinced people that they had to tear the whole system down because of inequality, even though Chile is by any metric the most developed nation in the region by far. Thankfully people are waking up to this and are now voting against the far left.

I do understand though that the democrats are left leaning but not a far left party, and sometimes I agree with them in a couple of social issues or when it comes to foregin policy (not always of course).

So my sympathy for Trump comes from my deep hatred and prejudice against the left because of my personal experience here in Latin America, but I do understand there are huge differences between the left in Latin America and the left in the US and that's why I don't support anything he has done since 2020 onwards because he is becoming increasingly more authoritarian.

Edited by Glam

On 1/21/2024 at 11:51 AM, HeavyMetalAura said:

See this is the thing that I truly can’t comprehend. How can you possibly think that Trump is a potential dictator and still “don’t dislike the guy?”

I’m not trying to attack you but like, I understand liking someone despite a few of their policies/stances or raising an eyebrow at some of their past controversies. I don’t think any politician is without controversy/questionable opinions, so we all have to hold our noses somewhat when we support someone. 

But how can you possibly, in the same sentence, believe that America is heading to a dictatorship under Trump and still NOT dislike him?? 

To me that is an immediate disqualifier. Anyone who threatens democracy should be seen as the ultimate enemy of the State, by definition alone. You should not only dislike him under that logic — you should hate him and want him imprisoned. 

Again not trying to attack you but please explain this logic to me. I would - seriously, not exaggerating - rather a random 15 year old high schooler be POTUS than a dictator. We’d have better chances of preserving our democracy that way. ANYONE but a dictator. It goes so far beyond dislike. 

Sorry for the 2nd post but I think my first reply didn't answer your question properly:

Maybe saying that I like him currently was not accurate. I don't support him currently in any way, shape or form, even though he appears to hold some beliefs that I share. I don't support the methods he is using, or could potentially use, to achieve his means even if I think he is right on some issues. That's what I meant when I said I "liked" him.

For example when he says that out of control migration is a huge problem, I think we can all agree, but when he goes full Hitler mode and says that migrants are poisoning the blood of his country, that's when I can't support him anymore. As a populist leader, by definition, he takes advantage of issues that a lot of people agree with to achieve his personal goals.

On 1/26/2024 at 3:10 AM, Glam said:

To answer your question: I am originally from Venezuela and the far left destroyed my country. I'm guessing everyone knows what went down in Venezuela.

In 2018 I fled to Chile and the year after that, the Chilean far left started to destroy Chile too. Chile is a beautiful country that was headed towards becoming a developed nation but not everyone was rich so the far left convinced people that they had to tear the whole system down because of inequality, even though Chile is by any metric the most developed nation in the region by far. Thankfully people are waking up to this and are now voting against the far left.

I do understand though that the democrats are left leaning but not a far left party, and sometimes I agree with them in a couple of social issues or when it comes to foregin policy (not always of course).

So my sympathy for Trump comes from my deep hatred and prejudice against the left because of my personal experience here in Latin America, but I do understand there are huge differences between the left in Latin America and the left in the US and that's why I don't support anything he has done since 2020 onwards because he is becoming increasingly more authoritarian.

it's destroyed the Philippines too

they elected a brown Trump, which is Duterte which brought back the ousted political family Marcos back to power and even presidency

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.