Lizzie McGuire writer reveals reboot storyline

Stepfon

Hilary-Duff-Announces-Lizzie-McGuire-Reb

- TV writer Jonathan Hurwitz shares the plot of the Lizzie McGuire reboot from 2020
- Lizzie works in NYC as an interior designer, dating a handsome chef.
- Boyfriend cheats on her with her best friend
- At the end of the pilot, she goes back to California to her childhood home where animated Lizzie was waiting for her.
- Gordo and Lizzie are not end-game. They kept in touch casually. Gordo's engaged and has a baby on the way.
- Lizzie wakes up in Ethan's bedroom and checks off her "to-do" list...twice. Disney was not happy about this.

• Like 2

Time to reboot this reboot.

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

Time to reboot this reboot.

This.  How I Met Your Father is done and Disney+ have streamed more adult fare recently (Echo and She-Hulk for starters). It can be done!

Edited by Hector
  • Like 4

This was such a missed opportunity. I hope they bring it back because it sounds like it would’ve been amazing. 

• Like 1

this could’ve served what the icarly revival did where they honored the style of the original but still didn’t shy from the adult/mature themes 

While it doesn’t sound bad I don’t think there’s a big enough audience for a mature Lizzie in 2024. I mean iCarly was axed after 3 seasons. It wouldn’t have lasted either.

This is what I wanted 😩😂 and the Ethan Scene would have been funny. Man Disney Fumbled the bag. Do they realize how massive thier millennial fanbase is? 

58 minutes ago, Hector said:

This.  How I Met Your Father is done and Disney+ have streamed more adult fare recently (Echo and She-Hulk for starters). It can be done!

Plus, the newly-merged Hulu within Disney+ is proof this series could be done.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

While it doesn’t sound bad I don’t think there’s a big enough audience for a mature Lizzie in 2024. I mean iCarly was axed after 3 seasons. It wouldn’t have lasted either.

Lizzie McGuire was a bigger show than iCarly, I think if they would have done it right it could have lasted four seasons and then been done with a proper finale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stepfon said:

- Lizzie wakes up in Ethan's bedroom and checks off her "to-do" list...twice. Disney was not happy about this.

what kind of ******* prude ass ***** works at disney. **** that ******* **** of a *****

• Like 3

Disney playing saints, as if Lizzie McGuire's fans weren't sexually active adults today. 

That's the course of life. Sex happens. 

• Like 2

Oh man I am so sad

48 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Lizzie McGuire was a bigger show than iCarly, I think if they would have done it right it could have lasted four seasons and then been done with a proper finale. 

It’s a bigger show but the core base is grown as hell now, sis….How many 20-30 something year old would check regularly for it.

iCarly wasn’t as popular but it was popular and more recent and still couldn’t last 3+. Not a good indication. 

They’re better off and Disney probably wants a Raven’s Home esque reboot. 

My blood boils everytime I think about them axing this show. This would've been so. good. **** Disney

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stepfon said:

Fake news, iCarly was much bigger. It was even clearing Hannah in ratings.

• Thanks 1

I think disney will keep all their properties pg safe so they can do a remake in the future with new actors etc

• Like 1

Such a missed opportunity. It's over now, hopefully for good. 

SO SAD it didn't go thru. The NY to California storyline would be so good

lizzie was being a HO :jonny2:

UGHHHH the plot sounds EXACTLY like what I imagined 30 year old Lizzie would be... she was clumsy, and curious, and naive... but also smart and resilient. I REALLLYYYYY want to see a grown up Lizzie McGuire... the show would have done what "Emily in Paris" couldn't. I miss the life lessons embedded in shows like Lizzie and Raven... the new Raven show just didn't give anything at all. 

DISNEY make it happen!!!! we are ready for ADULT Lizzie!!! she can be what Elle Woods is for millennials!!!!!!! :jonny6:

Edited by shinyshimmery
  • Like 1

Every video making this sound better and better.

• Like 1

What a wasted beautiful idea. Hilary would slay the role.

However I hope Hilary can reroute to dramatic or romantic roles. I want to aee her in a film like According to Greta again. I love her comedy shows and she’s great at them but I hope to see her in something serious.

• Like 1

I'm still pissed that Disney axed this.

They're such a horrible company!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.