Grammys - 1987, 92, 95, 98, 99, 2001
Oscars - 1994, 2019
Tony - 2000

he had to wait for 24 years omg :jonny5:

So deserved! :heart:

What a victory lap, from record breaking tour to completing the EGOT

• Like 1

:clap3:

Honestly I'm surprised he didn't win his first Grammy until 1987, that was twenty years into his career and he had been one of the biggest artists since the late 60's. Makes you realise that it's kinda dumb to say these days that an artist will "never" win a Grammy just because they haven't in the first decade or more of their career.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Honestly I'm surprised he didn't win his first Grammy until 1987, that was twenty years into his career and he had been one of the biggest artists since the late 60's. Makes you realise that it's kinda dumb to say these days that an artist will "never" win a Grammy just because they haven't in the first decade or more of their career.

Grammys were very competitive back then. Plus they were a lot more critical of pop artists. 

• Like 1

legend just doesnt seem to cut it for him  :clap3: 

Edited by Katamari

4 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Grammys were very competitive back then. Plus they were a lot more critical of pop artists. 

I know, but Elton was still highly respected and a lot of his music sort of blurred the line between pop and soft rock/glam rock. He had been nominated a bunch of times, I'm more surprised that he lost twelve nominations before winning, although looking at the artists he lost to it's not that surprising that they won.

What a fucken legend tbh. This is the perfect way for him to retire after completing a legendary tour. 
congrats sir Elton John. 

The definition of legend :clap3:

So happy for him! :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.