White Claws debut 0% alcohol drinks; social media drags them

Sergi91

spacer.png

The drinks come in four flavors — black cherry cranberry, mango passionfruit, peach orange blossom and lime yuzu — and are designed to replicate the taste of the original White Claw Hard Seltzers.

User Alex Jewell took issue with the tagline of "a new wave in drinking," sarcastically calling it a "clever reinvention" of seltzer water.

"Oh…. what if we used it as a mixer…. I bet it would go good with vodka ….," user Cleo Night wrote.

"So, it's flavored water?" another user asked. 

Some users online took issue with the cost of the new seltzers, which has a suggested retailer price range of $17.49-$19.99 for a 12-pack or $10.99-$11.49 for a 6-pack. 

"Seltzer water at beer prices," one user wrote. 

"There's literally seltzer water right behind it for probably half the price," another chimed in.

A majority of alcohol drinkers, about 80% of Millennials and Gen Zers, are interested in exploring a "sober-curious" or "damp" lifestyle, a new survey from the company revealed.

:suburban:

Source

Idk the more seltzer the better, as a sober person. Would be nice to have an option that would help me blend in so it’s not a huge topic at a social event. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The only drag here is the price, which I get seems a little steep since the cans are smaller than a similarly priced pack of something like Liquid Death. Anyone who’s just complaining about the company making alternatives for people who want to avoid alcohol needs to search within themselves.

• Like 8

Alcoholics seriously want everyone to be dependent on alcohol too, huh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean it is kinda ridiculous they’re basically charging the same price for what is essentially a trashy La Croix :deadbanana2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

White claw is gross, alcohol or not. Not sure why we're still pretending it's good. If you don't want alcohol have a diet coke or something

31 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

White claw is gross, alcohol or not. Not sure why we're still pretending it's good. If you don't want alcohol have a diet coke or something

I’m sober and I like to drink zero percent alcohol drinks that aren’t soda. People leave you alone if you just drink tonic water in a glass - I also buy 0% champagne for dinner/house parties.

1 hour ago, Mornings said:

Idk the more seltzer the better, as a sober person. Would be nice to have an option that would help me blend in so it’s not a huge topic at a social event. 

What? There’s tons of different seltzers. People have been drinking carbonated water for well over a thousand years. You can find flavored ones in any store that sells beverages. This drink is rather overpriced since seltzer water is so cheap. 

2 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

"sober-curious" or "damp" lifestyle,

:bibliahh:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mornings said:

So you think the big “0%” is going to help you blend in? Idk dude just stand your ground, or find different settings where you don’t have to feel the need to avoid a topic. 

-

white claw is gross, or honestly just seltzers in general. I can’t stand the feeling of drinking carbonated water :'( 

30 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

So you think the big “0%” is going to help you blend in? Idk dude just stand your ground, or find different settings where you don’t have to feel the need to avoid a topic. 

-

white claw is gross, or honestly just seltzers in general. I can’t stand the feeling of drinking carbonated water :'( 

Yeah you don’t get it. That’s cool though, hopefully you won’t have to get it. I’m happy in my life and in my friend groups but certain social situations are unavoidable, and if I can not have an annoying conversation and have to explain myself to people who have made up perspectives about something they don’t experience… kind of like I am doing now. Then my life will be much easier. 

it’s just seltzer, and from someone who is actually an addict, the push back about how this could be beneficial is weird AF. If I know how to doubly quote I would but this is for you too @Topaz

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mornings said:

Yeah you don’t get it. That’s cool though, hopefully you won’t have to get it. I’m happy in my life and in my friend groups but certain social situations are unavoidable, and if I can not have an annoying conversation and have to explain myself to people who have made up perspectives about something they don’t experience… kind of like I am doing now. Then my life will be much easier. 

it’s just seltzer, and from someone who is actually an addict, the push back about how this could be beneficial is weird AF. If I know how to doubly quote I would but this is for you too @Topaz

what did I do?

• Haha 3

I don't, nor do I ever have the urge to, drink alcohol, so it's something I'd try—just as another beverage option. I appreciate them for thinking of people such as myself, who don't need alcohol to have a good time—but similarly just want a good tasting beverage to enjoy. They may want to re-evaluate those prices, however.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DamianSolo said:

I don't, nor do I ever have the urge to, drink alcohol, so it's something I'd try—just as another beverage option. I appreciate them for thinking of people such as myself, who don't need alcohol to have a good time—but similarly just want a good tasting beverage to enjoy. They may want to re-evaluate those prices, however.

Kinda a childish way of thinking of people who drink socially. There's absolutely nothing that says those people need and/or are dependent on alcohol to have a good time. They are simply adults who know how to have fun and have a healthy relationship with drinking.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Kinda a childish way of thinking of people who drink socially. There's absolutely nothing that says those people need and/or are dependent on alcohol to have a good time. They are simply adults who know how to have fun and have a healthy relationship with drinking.

I didn't say anything about people who drink socially. Read it again; and again if you have to. I'll even say it again, "I appreciate them for thinking of people such as myself, who don't need alcohol to have a good time—but similarly want a good tasting beverage to enjoy."

Identify for me in that sentence, please, where I addressed people who drink socially.

4 hours ago, DamianSolo said:

I didn't say anything about people who drink socially. Read it again; and again if you have to. I'll even say it again, "I appreciate them for thinking of people such as myself, who don't need alcohol to have a good time—but similarly want a good tasting beverage to enjoy."

Identify for me in that sentence, please, where I addressed people who drink socially.

"People such as myself who don't need alcohol to have a good time:clack:

Don't play dumb you know exactly what I'm talking about :gaycat4:

28 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

"People such as myself who don't need alcohol to have a good time:clack:

Don't play dumb you know exactly what I'm talking about :gaycat4:

Clearly I'm talking about people who do, in fact, need alcohol to have a good time—which is, literally, what I said. I didn't even allude to, or suggest anything else of the sort about those who socially drink. Learn how to comprehend what you're reading before you try to suggest anyone is "playing dumb." For you to, literally, rewrite what I said and still not catch it says it all. Bless your heart. :biblio:

3 hours ago, DamianSolo said:

Clearly I'm talking about people who do, in fact, need alcohol to have a good time—which is, literally, what I said. I didn't even allude to, or suggest anything else of the sort about those who socially drink. Learn how to comprehend what you're reading before you try to suggest anyone is "playing dumb." For you to, literally, rewrite what I said and still not catch it says it all. Bless your heart. :biblio:

Sis please, I've heard the rhetoric before. Just be more considerate it's not that

difficult. The "needs alcohol to have fun" bit is always an obvious statement from those too scared or "holier than thou" to have a little drink. A proper statement would be "for those who don't drink like myself" how simple was that.

:clack:

Edited by Afterglow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Sis please, I've heard the rhetoric before. Just be more considerate it's not that

difficult. The "needs alcohol to have fun" bit is always an obvious statement from those too scared or "holier than thou" to have a little drink. A proper statement would be "for those who don't drink like myself" how simple was that.

:clack:

Bullshit. You could have asked me in which context I was referring to, if you were that confused due to you being unable to read and process information. Instead, you resorted to calling people "childish" because you don't know how to read. And using Nicki pictures isn't doing anything to make you seem smart or intelligent, if that's what you think—quite the contrary. You've been on ATRL too long if you think you're doing something. :coffee2:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.