Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

The neoliberals are excited about this ruling and calling it a nothingburger. Because it is.

”they ruled that Israel can’t do a genocide, but they already aren’t, so nothing changes!”

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

You better feed the Palestinians before you slowly bomb them to pieces! You still have another month baby! Truly the International Circus of Jokers :clown: 

I believe that it's still a legal defeat for Israel and its PR image in a way, but how is the Israeli regime supposed to prevent acts of genocide if you don't call for an immediate ceasefire? The genocide continues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

Welp Israel. Let's see the responses.

Well in typical fashion, an "International" body is quite vague as to not upset the Global hegemon and its interests.

Edited by Mean Trees
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

You better feed the Palestinians before you slowly bomb them to pieces! You still have another month baby! Truly the International Circus of Jokers :clown: 

I believe that it's still a legal defeat for Israel and its PR image in a way, but how is the Israeli regime supposed to prevent acts of genocide if you don't call for an immediate ceasefire? The genocide continues.

I don't expect ISISrael will obey if they call for ceasefire but this has ruined their PR definitely

• Like 1

Just now, Cloröx said:

I don't expect ISISrael will obey if they call for ceasefire but this has ruined their PR definitely

That is true at the very least. 

I wonder where are all those ATRL Zionists who were trivializing other users for correctly using the term genocide to describe Israel’s aggression now. 

3 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

Yea definitely, their reputation is in the mud rn. The fact that it was a near unanimous verdict is still good. The only 2 judges who voted against being from....Israel and Uganda. :skull: 

This is what annoying me though:

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Yea definitely, their reputation is in the mud rn. The fact that it was a near unanimous verdict is still good. The only 2 judges who voted against being from....Israel and Uganda. :skull: 

This is what annoying me though:

The fact that Uganda, a country that just now implemented anti-LGBTQ law is supporting ISISrael makes we wonder what ATRL gay Zionist next move to defend their beloved genocidal state s:wan:

Still wonder what those who warn over the harm of revolutionary politics have to say to Palestinians when even international bodies have landed at "Israel indeed may be committing genocide and this warrants a full response from the international community. Our response is...kindly wishing Israel to please reconsider the pros and cons before proceeding with full genocide"?

Why wouldn't a Palestinian person view freedom from Israel as tied to the belief that Israel simply must be erased from existsnce as a legal entity and nation? That for as long as there exists a nation called Israel meant to be a Jewish ethnostate, Palestinians will forever face the existential fear of genocide?

• Like 5

South Africa is literally a russia ally that turned a blind eye to russia's war crimes in Ukraine. Peak hypocrisy. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Is there someone else behind South Africa's genocide case in court? I feel like if a Muslim country sued Israel for genocide it would not be taken serious so South Africa was the right choice.  

Now we wait for Mexico and Chile their next move. It's time to tarnish ISISrael their image forever. One can't simply discuss genocide without mentioning Nazism and Zionism in da future. Put it in the history book :giraffe:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, playwithme said:

South Africa is literally a russia ally that turned a blind eye to russia's war crimes in Ukraine. Peak hypocrisy. 

All the Western hegemony "activists" who have called for bombing the middle east for Humanitarian reasons for the last decade are looking might bad right now. Oz is definitely not the correct person to make your point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, playwithme said:

what are you trying to achieve here? we support South Africa in this case. Had it been literally any other country, our reactions would have been the same. There is not a single country, at any given moment in time, that is free of the guilt from being associated with other hostile allies for political diplomatic reasons. That does not mean we justify it, and no that doesn’t mean I think South Africa suddenly became the saint of the free world and that statement should be retracted. But we stand firm on this case

It’s crazy that you think playing divide and rule or dropping whataboutism bombs works in the Palestine/Israel issue in 2024. You’ll never achieve what you’re trying to achieve. 

Also, Israel and Russia have been intimately developing a close relationship for decades now. In fact, Netanyahu has a long track record bloating about his amazing relationship with Putin. Israel refused to impose sanctions on Russia as well as declined to aid Ukraine with defensive measures. Israel maintained diplomatic relationship with the Kremlin. Unlike the majority of Western allies. Hell, Israel sold weapons to Russia after the illegal annexation of Crimea. So what now? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Communion said:

Still wonder what those who warn over the harm of revolutionary politics have to say to Palestinians when even international bodies have landed at "Israel indeed may be committing genocide and this warrants a full response from the international community. Our response is...kindly wishing Israel to please reconsider the pros and cons before proceeding with full genocide"?

Why wouldn't a Palestinian person view freedom from Israel as tied to the belief that Israel simply must be erased from existsnce as a legal entity and nation? That for as long as there exists a nation called Israel meant to be a Jewish ethnostate, Palestinians will forever face the existential fear of genocide?

I hate to say it, but this is nearly impossible. As long as the US is allied with Israel, its government is not going to be dissolved. Also, I don’t see how people who live in fear of genocide from another group would be comfortable living alongside them within the same country, holding office with them, etc.

If Palestine became its own state it would probably be allied with other Muslim states in the region and while I don’t think all conflict would magically cease because of this, it would definitely be a start to a long road ahead. But then at least the biggest problem would be establishing a stable government rather than constantly teetering on the edge of complete genocide.

Israel sold Iran white phosphorus weapons in the 70’s. 

Iran gave those weapons to Hezbollah. 

Hezbollah is now offensively using the Israeli-made white phosphorus on northern Israel. 

what a ****** up world. 

Hamas supporters are now cancelling Gwyneth for condemning rape. I-

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

10 minutes ago, playwithme said:

Hamas supporters are now cancelling Gwyneth for condemning rape. I-

ro7 ntak 

• Like 1

Has Israel bombed Gaza since the ICJ decision was released?

38 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

And what would be the difference if the ICJ "ordered" a ceasefire? This institution has no way of making countries comply with the sentences and Israel doesn't even recognize its authority. They can't order anything.

Besides, if as someone replies on that tweet, the importance of it relies on "forcing the rest of the world to take seriously their obligations to stop an entity now officially accused of genocide by the world’s highest court", there are tons of ICJ sentences against Israel for what they do in the West Bank and it has never had any kind of consequence regarding international support.

Edited by Bonicap

I'm reading that legally the ICJ could not call for a ceasefire because Hamas isn't part of the UN, so the court could not force Israel to stop all bombardment and military action in Gaza because they legally cannot tell Hamas to as well for that fact.

Edited by ZeroSuitBritney

1 hour ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Has Israel bombed Gaza since the ICJ decision was released?

Yes, the latest is a mother and her two children were killed by an Israeli airstrike.

Tbh I kinda expected a ceasefire ruling but oh well, nobody is happy or satisfied about the decisions outta the ICJ, what is it? Feed before you kill them slowly and don't make it look like genocide? But at the same, the only good thing about is that Israel is now officially label as a genocidal state by the world court. If world leaders were smart enough, they would now rethink about their support for Israel and whether they wanna be linked to a state officially and globally known for committing genocide and denying it.

Edited by BorderBoy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.