Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

5 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

Well, since they weren’t welcomed there most of the times, even when they were Arabized like the Amazigh in North Africa (who most of them  and Jews have no problem with that), then it IS their right to go and live in their lands to which they belong first, especially when talking about Jerusalem, the most sacred place in Judaism

I don't know who taught you logic but no that does not mean they can establish an apartheid state on top of an already existing indigenous population in Palestine. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

12 minutes ago, Communion said:

No one belongs to any land like as though "belonging" is some abstract mythical birthright that entitles depopulation and displacement. 

Why do you think it is that the vast majority of non-European Jewry didn't migrate to Israel until long after 1948?

How does one reconcile that anti-Israel sentiment was a backlash and (unjustified) reactionary hatred towards Jews across the MENA with the reality of things like Israel organizing false flag bomb attacks and acts of terrorism to try and accelerate the migration of Mizrahi Jews to Israel?

It genuinely boggles my mind that a Beyoncé stan could ever be supportive of…

…this.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

*posts an infographic showing some Jews also lived in Iraq, Iran, Morocco, Yemen etc. to prove they have more rights to Palestine than Palestinians living in Palestine* 

moo.png

Anyway, back to how you lied about Israel having the right to exist as a Zionist state as per international law 

Ms. “1967 was purely a defensive war” really trying to scramble 

On Navitism

Why do you hate immigrants? It’s giving MAGA. It’s giving “Jews will not replace us!”.

The entire point is that neither have more rights, but that both have shared rights to the land. Unfortunately, the Arabs said **** that, and 5 Muslim countries sought to annihilate a nascent nation instead of accepting, what could have been today, a 23rd state to the League of Arab Nations.

On the “Right to Exist”

The notion that “Israel shouldn’t exist” implies that some countries do have such a right. So if Israel, a UN Member state, does not have the ~right to exist~, then technically no country does. But they all do exist anyway, so the point is moot. :laugh:

If “Israel shouldn’t exist” is short hand for “Israel has no moral basis for defending their territory or citizens”… then I ask, who exactly is going to unmake them and how? :chick1:

• Thumbs Down 7

3 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

…this.

Please don’t bring black civil rights into this.

Not only is it tacky and irrelevant, but it’s already been attempted by Twitter-brained “activists” to force an anti-Israel statement out of Beyoncé (spoiler: it didn’t work). 

spacer.png

Source for full context: https://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/sites/default/files/assets/public/resources-ideas/cj/classics/1-4-12-civil-rights/conversation-with-martin-luther-king.pdf

• Thumbs Down 3

"Serving MAGA" is the selective use of MLK quotes out of context to prove points that lack logical substance. Byeeeeeee :ahh: 

Edit: Not to mention, "tacky" is pretending MLK is the only Civil Rights voice there is to reference - again, also a MAGA trait :ahh: 

Edited by ClashAndBurn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Edit: Not to mention, "tacky" is pretending MLK is the only Civil Rights voice there is to reference - again, also a MAGA trait :ahh: 

What do you want from me, mama? 

FX9onV6X0AMtD81.png

Have I not expressed the same nuanced views as MLK and Mandela in my summation:

On 12/6/2023 at 12:12 AM, Kassi said:

Ya'll will spout platitudes in the abstract, yet crumble at basic probes about the specifics. :lmao:

Anyway, here's the cheat sheet to the curriculum:

1. Jews have no ancestral claim to the land of Palestine. Jewish presence in Palestine was driven by refuge-seeking diaspora Jewish populations of all ethnic backgrounds
  2. The emergence of the state of Israel was a complex interplay of Zionist aspirations and Palestinian Arab nationalism
  3. The two-state solution was a concession to the idea that an outside party, the British, could not obligate people to participate non-violently in plurinationalism...without becoming the Ottoman Empire.

4. The fact of Israel is not Zionism in and of itself; Zionism was causal but the existence of the state is not itself an ideology

Don't tell me your civil rights "reference" is like... the Nation of Islam. :rip:

• Thumbs Down 3

5 hours ago, Communion said:

No one belongs to any land like as though "belonging" is some abstract mythical birthright that entitles depopulation and displacement. 

Why do you think it is that the vast majority of non-European Jewry didn't migrate to Israel until long after 1948?

That in case Israel settled in Iraq, Yemen, Morocco or Ethiopia for example based on the fact that the Jews were there first before  the Muslims. Of course, in that case, we would say that no one belongs to any land...It's as if the Romans claim land in North Africa because they were there first. Which is conceptually incorrect.

But in the event that you have a sacred book that says that Jerusalem is the center of the earth and the home of God making it most sacred place with holy places built for them first, well, in that case we aren’t talking about any land but of a land to die for.

It’s exactly how Mecca and the Medina belong to the Muslims or how the Vatican belongs to the Christians. That's how it is, religion is silly, but it's an inevitable fact.

5 hours ago, Jjang said:

I don't know who taught you logic but no that does not mean they can establish an apartheid state on top of an already existing indigenous population in Palestine. 

Sis, no one in this case established anything above anything else. I admit that Israel is very aggressive in wars, they also have many war crimes against them for which they have to be accountable, no one denies it, even many of the Israelis themselves. But seriously, we cannot deny the fact that the lack of recognition against Israel as well as the widely accepted anti-Semitism in the Islamic world and the continuous provocations against Israel contributed to many bloody wars, as well as many restrictions and loss of lands

Edited by A.R.L
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

We surely aren’t talking about the same Nelson Mandela who defined “secure borders” rather explicitly in a town hall speech? Where he says “We do not mean that Israel has the right to retain the territories they conquered from the Arab world, like the Gaza Strip, the Golan Heights and the West Bank. We don’t agree with that. Those territories should be returned to the Arab people“? 

So true that certain people shouldn’t be invoking names they know nothing about. So stick to talking about Beyonce because that’s all you know miss mawmas.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, DAP said:

We surely aren’t talking about the same Nelson Mandela who defined “secure borders” rather explicitly in a town hall speech? Where he says “We do not mean that Israel has the right to retain the territories they conquered from the Arab world, like the Gaza Strip, the Golan Heights and the West Bank. We don’t agree with that. Those territories should be returned to the Arab people“? 

So true that certain people shouldn’t be invoking names they know nothing about. So stick to talking about Beyonce because that’s all you know miss mawmas.

spacer.png

Keep up!

Once you let go of the anti-Semitic trope that "Israel shouldn't exist", you begin to think more rationally.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

You aren’t helping your case miss mawmas

spacer.png

9 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

…this.

How about these Tweets 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

How about these Tweets 

100% irrelevant to what I was getting at. You just skipped over the fact that American cops are trained to kill black people in Israel completely.

That said, Twitter posts shouldn't make you AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY specific and deliberate targets of an IDF airstrike. Absolutely monstrous and appalling for you to insinuate.

Again, you can't claim to be calling out both sides when you routinely only have negative things to say about Palestinians and downvote anything negative about Israel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

How about these Tweets

There's something so dark-sided about you pretending to hate Republicans but then - because of your lack of knowledge as nothing but a Biden boot-licker - try and use Drew ******* Pavlou as a source despite him being a conservative Australian grifter no different from something like an Australian Nick Fuentes. 

That you're sat here trying to justify the literal assassination of a civilian - a literal professor of literature! -  by the Israeli army is so ******* disgusting.

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

When you walk into a thread and see nonblack people on both sides use selective quotes to try to use black people to make their point, not realizing how terrible that comes off. All of you need to do better.

Edited by karron0624

40 minutes ago, Communion said:

There's something so dark-sided about you pretending to hate Republicans but then - because of your lack of knowledge as nothing but a Biden boot-licker - try and use Drew ******* Pavlou as a source despite him being a conservative Australian grifter no different from something like an Australian Nick Fuentes. 

That you're sat here trying to justify the literal assassination of a civilian - a literal professor of literature! -  by the Israeli army is so ******* disgusting.

I like how he can be bothered to give you a Thumbs Down, but can’t respond to either of our replies to his sick attempt at a gotcha. :ahh: 

One has to wonder if he’d be okay with, say, Mossad agents covertly entering the United States in order to assassinate Rashida Tlaib, Justin Amash, or any of the Palestinian students that have protested on college campuses. Something tells me the response would be “Well, maybe they shouldn’t have Tweeted mean things about an American ally 🤷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

#EndCampusAntisemitism :clap3:

I still can’t believe they said calling on the genocide of Jews would be allowed depending on the “context”. It’s like a fever dream that it actually happened. 

Like, it’s insane to me. As a black person, I’m still trying to square how chilling it would be if it was posed as “genocide against black people” and the response was “it depends”. And that’s at 13% of the population… I can only imagine the psychological toll it would take to hear that as a minority that’s only 2% of the population.

There’s something wrong with these people :mazen:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

a single small illustration of the point I made earlier about adopting the position of “Bibi bad! No Bibi = peace + no genocide!!1!1!” is a load of bullshit

31 minutes ago, welham said:

a single small illustration of the point I made earlier about adopting the position of “Bibi bad! No Bibi = peace + no genocide!!1!1!” is a load of bullshit

You are very keen to make the point that Israeli Jews are villainous - so what's your solution to that? Where are you going with this argument?

I could collate random posts of any number of groups showing unhinged behaviour and disgusting calls to violence - especially during a period of conflict - but the question then becomes, why? What narrative are we trying to push? What are our political goals?

I jumped to conclusions a few days ago on your argument because Jewish expulsion and/or violence seems to be the logical conclusion of a worldview that casts the overwhelming majority of Israeli Jews as bloodthirsty, white, colonialist Zionists. But please - prove me wrong - if Israeli Jews are so far beyond reform that no corner of their politics is worth saving, what do you propose beyond those things?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.