• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Joe Biden is giving Israel specific bombing coordinates :cm: 

It seems "The lesser two evils" card won't work anymore :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Airlie said:

Or maybe y’all should become news reporters and report NON-PROPOGANDA straight from Gaza! Oh wait… You’d be decapitated for being a flaming homo! :bibliahh:

Actually no that’s not the truth, they’d be more likely to be blown to bits by the IDF terrorists

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

It seems "The lesser two evils" card won't work anymore :coffee2:

Truly clown world :clownny:

yeah, those babies are never going to be allowed back in Gaza after they’ve been treated. Probably will be forced to be put up for adoption in Egypt if Israel followed the Obama playbook of separating them from their mothers :katie:

Why do I keep seeing news that Israel and Hamas reached an agreement but simultaneously Israel is still bombing Gaza? 

:suburban:

Edited by greeneyedsoul

1 minute ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Why do I keep seeing news that Israel and Hamas reached an agreement but simultaneously Israel is still bombing Gaza? 

:suburban:

The deal isn’t finalized until after 24 hours after the Knesset vote to give any of the hostages’ families a chance to file an injunction against the prisoner exchange and get the court’s to halt the process altogether if they object to Palestinian prisoners being let go.

Or at least, that’s how I heard it described on MSNBC earlier yesterday afternoon…

The ceasefire starts at 6am on Thursday and will also include the operations on the Israel/Lebanon border.

Edited by bearman

I work for one of Canada’s most important trauma/research hospital. The way they have been silencing anyone who has spoke in support of Palestine is so deeply disappointing. I’ve had Jewish co workers make the most disgusting Islamophobic remarks and there is nothing done. I have simply said “a Palestinian life is not worth any less than a Israeli life” and I’ve had multiple meetings encouraging me to become educated on the topic, or ‘not speak at all’ because it creates a hostile environment for my Jewish co workers. :skull: The way I have been applying everywhere these last few weeks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Mezik said:

I work for one of Canada’s most important trauma/research hospital. The way they have been silencing anyone who has spoke in support of Palestine is so deeply disappointing. I’ve had Jewish co workers make the most disgusting Islamophobic remarks and there is nothing done. I have simply said “a Palestinian life is not worth any less than a Israeli life” and I’ve had multiple meetings encouraging me to become educated on the topic, or ‘not speak at all’ because it creates a hostile environment for my Jewish co workers. :skull: The way I have been applying everywhere these last few weeks.

It’s such a polarizing issue right now it’s best if all sides didn’t engage on the topic in work environments tbh 💀

• Thumbs Down 5

27 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

It’s such a polarizing issue right now it’s best if all sides didn’t engage on the topic in work environments tbh 💀

It’s hard when my department is consistently making “IDF Care Package Drives” and all talking about how targeted they feel as Jewish people and will go out of their way to equate anyone who is silent/supports Palestine as anti semitic. 

30 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Yeah, there is ZERO expectation for the pro-Israel side to silence their opinion, nor is there any threat of them losing their jobs. In fact, they’re more or less encouraged to give their opinion and shove down everyone’s throats. Meanwhile, if you show even the slightest concern for even the Palestinian babies that died from the Al-Shifa raid, chances are your life as a professional may be completely over.

Only one side is expected to shut up. And that’s how it’s always been. That’s the climate that people like Joe Biden have created.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

43 minutes ago, Mezik said:

It’s hard when my department is consistently making “IDF Care Package Drives” and all talking about how targeted they feel as Jewish people and will go out of their way to equate anyone who is silent/supports Palestine as anti semitic. 

where in Canada do you live? Here in Montreal, people are setting synagogues on fire and writing "kill jews" on buses. It is definitely a hostile environment for Jewish people here so I can understand why your Jewish coworkers might feel slighted. Though the fact that your work is making IDF care packages is :rip: private companies need to mind their business and let the government handle this.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

50 minutes ago, Mezik said:

6N91cPc.gif

This canceled Harvard Law Review article is such a brutal takedown of Israel and Genocide Joe :jonny: 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Yeah, there is ZERO expectation for the pro-Israel side to silence their opinion, nor is there any threat of them losing their jobs. In fact, they’re more or less encouraged to give their opinion and shove down everyone’s throats. Meanwhile, if you show even the slightest concern for even the Palestinian babies that died from the Al-Shifa raid, chances are your life as a professional may be completely over.

Only one side is expected to shut up. And that’s how it’s always been. That’s the climate that people like Joe Biden have created.

This is the big thing - it seems as though pro Israeli voices are allowed to say whatever they want (even on this forum). However, when anyone speaks up for Palestine in the work environment it becomes an issue. I have known people placed on 'leaves of absences' for simply calling out the irony that everyone is suppose to have empathy for the victims of the October 7th attack but it's okay to dehumanize Palestinians. 

1 hour ago, Pikachoo said:

where in Canada do you live? Here in Montreal, people are setting synagogues on fire and writing "kill jews" on buses. It is definitely a hostile environment for Jewish people here so I can understand why your Jewish coworkers might feel slighted. Though the fact that your work is making IDF care packages is :rip: private companies need to mind their business and let the government handle this.

Islamophobia is on the rise too though - my partner, who is a an actual visible minority, has been experiencing a large increase of hate crimes and discriminatory remarks against him. When we tried explaining this to our white Jewish friends - who you would not know are Jewish unless they verbally say it out loud - the response always is "now is not the time to be discussing Islamophobia". 

I work in a public hospital in the largest city in Canada. I have been told to "remember who donates to our foundation as your remarks on social media (which was reposting Unicef donation link for Palestinian children) my have implications". :doc: 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Mezik said:

This is the big thing - it seems as though pro Israeli voices are allowed to say whatever they want (even on this forum). However, when anyone speaks up for Palestine in the work environment it becomes an issue. I have known people placed on 'leaves of absences' for simply calling out the irony that everyone is suppose to have empathy for the victims of the October 7th attack but it's okay to dehumanize Palestinians. 

Islamophobia is on the rise too though - my partner, who is a an actual visible minority, has been experiencing a large increase of hate crimes and discriminatory remarks against him. When we tried explaining this to our white Jewish friends - who you would not know are Jewish unless they verbally say it out loud - the response always is "now is not the time to be discussing Islamophobia". 

I work in a public hospital in the largest city in Canada. I have been told to "remember who donates to our foundation as your remarks on social media (which was reposting Unicef donation link for Palestinian children) my have implications". :doc: 

We’re you making remarks like these?

On 11/3/2023 at 11:41 AM, Mezik said:

Jewish people in Israel are white supremacists who do not believe anyone who isn’t a white Jewish person should live on their land (we see how they treat Ethiopian Jews as animals).

Their only motto in life is to kill and destroy all Palestinians. There is no need for Israel, at all. They are a terrorist state rooted in white supremacy.

If so, I can see why the hospital would be concerned with your posts, especially if you’re dealing with Jewish or Israeli patients.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 7

11 minutes ago, VOSS said:

If so, I can see why the hospital would be concerned with your posts, especially if you’re dealing with Jewish or Israeli patients.

So what you’re telling me it is okay for mental health clinicians to deny services to Arabic, Brown and other visible minority people, or make rampant Islamophobic remarks - but me calling out white supremacy is an issue? Last time I checked calling out white supremacy shouldn’t make anyone uncomfortable except for white supremacist?

Edited by Mezik
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, VOSS said:

Oh wow 💀 yea if that kind of language was used then I see why. 

• Thumbs Down 7

2 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

not me being downvoted for this. what was so terrible about what I said :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, VOSS said:

Can you meaningfully explain how Zionism is not materially a white supremacist movement in action ?

What is the difference between punishing people for saying Israel's apartheid policies are inherently racist and, say, punishing someone for posting online that the Republican Party is, by virtue of their harsh immigration policies with racial quotas, a white supremacist movement? 

Liberals need to understand there's no defense for Israel in which can't rhetorically be used for Republicans - Israel's government *is to the right* of the American GOP. 

Anyone siding with Israel is effectively saying their own concerns and condemnations of Trump + the GOP have always been empty and half-hearted.

How am I meant to believe you when you say you find Trump / DeSantis / etc. disgusting and morally repulsive when you run cover for the actions of their more racist Israeli counterparts? What difference exists between a Republican who wants an America free of black people and a Zionists who wants ~Greater Israel~ (aka including Palestine) free of Palestinians?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.