Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

2 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

Why do you want more dead Palestinian children @GhostBox?

• Confused 1

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

No I just find that tweet distasteful. 

What’s actually distasteful is statements coming from Netanyahu’s advisers about how nobody actually knows what caused the deaths of 4500 Palestinian children who died to IDF bombs provided by Genocide Joe.

At this point, Zionists are basically removed from reality. There's going to be movie production levels of propaganda and discourse over why Palestinians deserve to die than any meaningful moving to co-existence by any significant faction within Israeli politics. 

The discourse has literally shifted from: "The hospital was the CENTRAL HUB of ALL HAMAS OPERATIONS!!"

to now being "Hmmm so the doctors treated a hostage if they were brought in? Why didn't they engage Hamas in armed conflict to free the hostage??? If they don't want to stand up to a Hamas soldier and let Hamas take the hostage back once treated, they deserve to die too!!"

:redface:

The giant jump cut in the videos being tweeted out, jumping from 1080p to 480p. :redface:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

What’s actually distasteful is statements coming from Netanyahu’s advisers about how nobody actually knows what caused the deaths of 4500 Palestinian children who died to IDF bombs provided by Genocide Joe.

My comment was about the tweet posted. Nothing more. 

• Thumbs Down 1

The claims about the tunnel in Al-Shifa hospital are very likely untrue because otherwise IDF would show more details than just an open hole in there. But you cannot tell anything by those pictures whenever you'd like to proof that those tunnel are real or not just like we could not tell anything by the airstrike/bombs videos in October and it took days for NYT to decipher them. Those Twitter experts need to stop posting "EXPOSED" for every little thing when they know nothing what they are talking about.

Edited by Aristotle

2 hours ago, GhostBox said:

My comment was about the tweet posted. Nothing more. 

There was nothing wrong with the tweet you got upset about. Half of a child-killing couple sacrificed his life fulfilling his deepest ambition - killing more children. There’s a beauty in that, I think. :heart2: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FOCK said:

You just have to be insane. You have to be. 

I had to stop at the 30 second mark....the amount of evil they're instilling in their children is unfathomable....just disgusting 

The SHAMELESS lying and spreading of fake news my goddd. Motaz having to hop on Twitter and clock them himself for using HIS videos :deadbanana4:

There are many videos of Arabs or Palestinians behaving badly or doing weird **** being floated around by Israeli propagandists, but I don't ever post or spread them because I recognise in the current context, they're being used to dehumanise Palestinians and manufacture consent for violence against them. Posting random Israeli civillians behaving badly on tiktok or whatever in the middle of a war, where people are typically at their worst, is done for a similar purpose. It doesn't achieve anything beyond demonising Israelis, no? When done in combination with things like denying Hamas' role in killing civillians and pushing it wholly on to the IDF, people are attempting to create a narrative where Israel is a country uniquely full of cartoon villains. 

If our goal here is actually peace and not driving villainous Israeli Jews into the Mediterranean, the first step is to find common ground, reach fair compromises, and acknowledge the humanity of all involved. We need to believe people can evolve. In the past few days I've become more unsure about whether the two state solution is still possible - but equally, I worry about the potential horrendous violence involved in a one state solution. Everyone should be concerned about that and not simply dismiss the obvious issues.

If that does happen people on both sides are going to have to let the violence of the past go - within reason once those directly responsible are held accountable - and focusing on the value of civillian life or a strong anti-violence mesage could be a place for that common ground. It is also not reached by pushing needlessly inflammatory and also untrue narratives about how one side are all radicalised or religious lunatics or foreign settlers from Brooklyn etc. How you build one state when that is what you think? Do we not need to have more faith in people?

• Like 2

:rip:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Harrier said:

There are many videos of Arabs or Palestinians behaving badly or doing weird **** being floated around by Israeli propagandists, but I don't ever post or spread them because I recognise in the current context, they're being used to dehumanise Palestinians and manufacture consent for violence against them. Posting random Israeli civillians behaving badly on tiktok or whatever in the middle of a war, where people are typically at their worst, is done for a similar purpose. It doesn't achieve anything beyond demonising Israelis, no? When done in combination with things like denying Hamas' role in killing civillians and pushing it wholly on to the IDF, people are attempting to create a narrative where Israel is a country uniquely full of cartoon villains. 

If our goal here is actually peace and not driving villainous Israeli Jews into the Mediterranean, the first step is to find common ground, reach fair compromises, and acknowledge the humanity of all involved. We need to believe people can evolve. In the past few days I've become more unsure about whether the two state solution is still possible - but equally, I worry about the potential horrendous violence involved in a one state solution. Everyone should be concerned about that and not simply dismiss the obvious issues.

If that does happen people on both sides are going to have to let the violence of the past go - within reason once those directly responsible are held accountable - and focusing on the value of civillian life or a strong anti-violence mesage could be a place for that common ground. It is also not reached by pushing needlessly inflammatory and also untrue narratives about how one side are all radicalised or religious lunatics or foreign settlers from Brooklyn etc. How you build one state when that is what you think? Do we not need to have more faith in people?

Enlightened centrism in its distilled form right here :dies: 

One side is openly bragging about how they're planning to push 2 million people into Egypt. Only you could somehow manage to morally equivocate between Palestinians fighting a losing battle against American bullets and bombs for their lives and Israelis starting Tik Tok trends where they kidnap and torture Palestinians in the West Bank for funsies. Actually obscene. :deadbanana4:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Enlightened centrism in its distilled form right here :dies: 

One side is openly bragging about how they're planning to push 2 million people into Egypt. Only you could somehow manage to morally equivocate between Palestinians fighting a losing battle against American bullets and bombs for their lives and Israelis starting Tik Tok trends where they kidnap and torture Palestinians in the West Bank for funsies. Actually obscene. :deadbanana4:

Im not equivocating the violence that is happening, I am specifically questioning the value and purpose of spreading random Israeli civillians doing dumb **** in the middle of a war. There's 7 million of them. Your "one side" language is in my view, the problem Im talking about. Are we talking about the Israeli government and the IDF, or are we talking about Israelis? Further, do we believe that Israeli Jews are a bunch of radicalised baby killing Zionists incapable lf accepting secular Palestine, or do we think there is actually room for change?

Sneer at my centrism all you like, but you're going to need some moderation if your one state solution is actually going to happen. :celestial5:

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Harrier said:

Xenophobic behavior is always wrong but considering the economy, university system and the reputation of being the only democracy in the Middle East one would expect Israelis to handle this war better in social media. On another hand Palestinian live in poor economy with limited clean water, education and die in hundreds from airstrikes up to thousands. (this year it's over 12,000). 

1 minute ago, Harrier said:

Im not equivocating what is happening, I am specifically questioning the value of spreading random Israeli civillians doing dumb **** in the middle of a war. Your "one side" language is in my view, the problem. Are we talking about the Israeli government and the IDF, or are we talking about Israelis?

Sneer at my centrism all you like, but you're going to need some moderatation if your one state solution is actually going to happen. :celestial5:

Kidnapping and torturing other human beings = "dumb ****" oh my GOD :deadbanana4: 

No one has said that Israeli settlers are representative of the entire Israeli population. But, frankly, a plurality of Israelis want their government to occupy Gaza and allow settlements back into the Strip once the war is over. There is no outcome where Palestinians get peace and sovereignty, because Israel has no red lines (Joe Biden's words!), and they will at best be allowed to remain in Gaza under an occupying force that will shoot them on sight if they step one toe out of line or they will be purged with nowhere to go.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Kidnapping and torturing other human beings = "dumb ****" oh my GOD :deadbanana4: 

No one has said that Israeli settlers are representative of the entire Israeli population. But, frankly, a plurality of Israelis want their government to occupy Gaza and allow settlements back into the Strip once the war is over. There is no outcome where Palestinians get peace and sovereignty, because Israel has no red lines (Joe Biden's words!), and they will at best be allowed to remain in Gaza under an occupying force that will shoot them on sight if they step one toe out of line or they will be purged with nowhere to go.

I'm not talking about WB settlers, I'm talking about the videos of like the yoga mat hostage women, or the one posted on the previous page of the choir. My apologies I should have been more specific.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Harrier said:

I'm not talking about WB settlers, I'm talking about the videos of like the yoga mat hostage women, or the one posted on the previous page of the choir. My apologies I should have been more specific.

Oh, I mean, the yoga mat thing is objectively cringe, but that's all there is to really say about it. I apologize, I thought you were talking about... yeah...

The thing about the children's choir though is that one of the justifications for Israel's extermination of Palestinian children has been that they're "future Hamas fighters who were taught at an early age to hate Israelis" so "they need to be taken out." Kind of just goes to show that at best, children on both sides are being indoctrinated into hating each other and, in the case of that video specifically, openly calling for their extinction. I don't see the problem with pointing that out at least. It's more worthy of discussion than the yoga thing anyway. :michael: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.