Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

1 hour ago, Revolution said:

Actually, this become obvious when Leftists, after years of supporting genocide against Kurds, Uyghurs and Ukrainians, decided to co-opt the Palestinian cause for their own personal benefit. 

I genuinely think you believe this, so this moment forces me to ask...why is the genocide of Palestinians just a "cause"? You have never used the word for Palestinians. The only time you've used the word is in regards to Kurds and, for some reason, saying Biden should be credited for ending KSA's genocide on Yemenis that America supported??

Some of you need to realize this contempt for leftists as "anti-Western", whether they're in the West or the Global South (who are often erased), isn't some clever positioning people can't figure out the intentions of. I rather people just be up front about what drives their views.

So often the rhetoric is that leftists support authoritarian regimes, driven by a reactionary hatred of the US.. but we see the opposite here. We see people siding against the Palestinian people, deciding they're expendable, because their own causes ally them with the US.

I don't mention these to go off topic, but to reiterate the contradictions wrt Palestine.

• When Iran says they don't respect Kurdish separatism and argue the matters of a Kurdish state were settled by Sykes-Picot, the West says this is wrong.. but then turn around and co-sign Israel's claim Palestine never existed?
  • When Syria kills Kurdish fighters and Assad says he had to do this because Syria was also bombing ISIS, the West calls him a butcher... but then turn around and cheer on Bibi who calls for indiscriminate bombings to end Hamas?
  • When China tells Uyghurs in Xinjiang that they have to study Mandarin in addition to their native tongue, the West will argue this is cultural genocide... but then say separate roads & check points don't make Israel an apartheid state?
  • When Russia invades the borders of a sovereign Ukraine, and says there has never been a Ukrainian people, the West acknowledges this as genocidal language and even give billions to help defend Ukraine... but then send billions and billions in weapons to Israeli leaders who say their goal is to "eradicate every Palestinian from the land"? 

This isn't to express any view on any of the above, but to point out the contradictions. The Israel-Palestinian contradiction drives much of this shift in perception of the US, which apparently angers the "rules based order" coalition - whether it be globe emojis, neo-cons, NATO/European chauvinists, conservative ex-Muslims, members of diasporas of countries deemed enemies of the US, etc. 

No one should walk away from these contradictions thinking "oh so the West is also lying about Ukraine?", for example, but they will walk away thinking: "You know wrong from right because you know it's wrong when Ukrainians die. So why is it fine for Palestinians to die? Why have Palestinians been abandoned?" You can't scold people out of seeing these contradictions for what they are - contempt for Palestinian life. If you want people to believe in the alleged moral superiority of the Western world, Western values can't endorse dead Palestinians.

I need you to know people are not dumb. People notice when rhetoric shifts from unapologetic support for Israel following 10/07 to trying to discredit Palestinian liberation now that the carpet bombings by Bibi and his ghouls have become too barbaric in too short of a time. 

Your accusations aren't consistent. In one breath, Western leftists *only* care about Palestine due to lacking knowledge on other issues, but then somehow Western leftists are worldly enough to "co-opt" Palestine to silence other causes they allegedly hate?

As a millennial leftist, Palestine is the lens I will often judge political contradictions in the US through, because it is a defining part of American politics in the time I've been alive. If your only response is not to care about Palestinians but accuse American leftists upset over their taxes funding genocide as """hating the West""" (:skull:), the burden for your anger falls on your own moral failings.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

Like I'm literally losing my mind that the "Western world order" people have now moved on to "you people just care about Palestine cause it's trendy! you leftists don't actually care about anyone's suffering!!"

Meanwhile this is the kinds of rhetoric sprawling across Zionist social media figures:

The same people who think you're evil if you're an American who doesn't vote are unmoved by this!!! 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, réveuse said:

I also remember you posting your support for Israel because they are "a country for women, for LGBT+ people, for everyone." which isn't true since Israel bombs women and children and blackmails queer Palestinians.

Members like that one are always a reminder that white liberals are not above seeing the world in a 'us vs. them' optic. The notion that the human rights, of anyone that is not a white westerner, is something that one must earn as a merit instead of an inherent right is crystal clear here.

For the sake of the argument only, let's take the horror inflicted on Palestinians by the regime aside for a minute, the idea that Israel is a progressive haven for it's own citizens is still a zionist myth far from the truth. First, it's hardly a secular state, you can not legally marry someone of a different religious faith, let alone someone of the same gender. Israeli society is deeply rooted on a socioeconomic inequality between Mizrahis and Ashkenazis. Ethiopian Jews are systematically treated as second-class citizens. 

It's honestly horryfying how the genocide of an entire group of people is an afterthought that can be compromised with a "well, the country isn't perfect, but they're trying at least!" footnote because, deep down, white liberals see human rights as a concept primarily designed for other white westeners. It partly explains why Ukraine, which was mentioned in the linked post made by the member you quoted, hardly has it's domestic relations with topics such as race and queerness discussed within mainstream liberal circles as a moral justification to one's support or lack of, something we constantly see happening for Palestine.

Edited by Scars
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nova_23 said:

Maybe Ireland will be next :lakitu:

The current Irish Gvt. won't agree to expel ambassadors generally; they haven't done it for Russia, and they say they want to keep the communication open for as long as Irish citizens exist in Israel (and vice-versa).

300k in DC and I marched with 50K here in San Francisco today :clap3:twice the side of last weekend’s march here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, réveuse said:

Oh? So you're Islamophobic? Got it! Supporting Palestine is not far-right, you islamophbe. Also, many leftists do not have favorable opinions about western countries for a reason. They were the main perpetrators of colonialism and exploited (still exploiting, by the way!) Middle Eastern, African, Asian, and other countries that are not in the white, first-world, global north country club.

I also remember you posting your support for Israel because they are "a country for women, for LGBT+ people, for everyone." which isn't true since Israel bombs women and children and blackmails queer Palestinians.

Also @Anthinos, this is peak white queer behaviour ✌🏾. Bog off islamophobe!

Some Zionists are just so insufferable. And they wonder why they are so unlikeable 

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Him and Selena Gomez are having a "how can I make this genocide about me" off :toofunny3:

An absolute clown.

This. The wars lost Zelensky, American people on both sides of the aisles are tired of paying for other people’s wars 

The first "mistake" doesn't anymore because now they are literally openly bombing hospitals

Not them stealing Palestinian slogan too :biblionny:

• Confused 2

Unfortunate reality is even with the withdrawal of US finnancial support, Israel would continue its actions. The finnancial support matters of course but its the unconditional military defense and geopolitical support that truly props up Israel.

What we need is not only a withdrawal of finnancial aid but also active opposition from the Biden administration. The Biden admin may be handwringing behind the scenes but they're not actually using the ample political power they have to pressure Israel in any meaningful way.  Biden could force a ceasefire tomorrow if he wanted.

But they don't. That's where the protests come in - was so heartened to see so many in DC yesterday. It may seem hopeless but people have got to do what they can

He’s literally senile yet still has time to commit more war crimes :toofunny3:

• Like 2

As a scientist in the biotech world, majority of my LinkedIn sphere seems to support Israel under the guise of “Hamas killing and holding babies/children hostages” 

It’s interesting to see how my professional sphere differs from online discourse. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

South American governments doing the lord’s work with a mass mutual condemning of Israel’s actions  :clap3:

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/11/2/genocide-colombia-says-as-latin-american-states-condemn-israel-over-gaza

After being colonised by US-Europe for decades I can imagine it’s easy to spot another colonial project and genocide when it’s taking place.

Hoping the rest of the world stops tip toeing on the political fence and does the same. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There’s a march here in Mexico City tomorrow and I want to go but I also feel afraid because there’s a lot of people on social media mocking the march and the media is very pro-Israel and even in the last march (last Saturday) there were some protesters Pro-Israel screaming and attacking the Pro-Palestine protesters… I want to show my support but I also feel like it could be chaotic, I’m conflicted.

47 minutes ago, Gaia said:

As a scientist in the biotech world, majority of my LinkedIn sphere seems to support Israel under the guise of “Hamas killing and holding babies/children hostages” 

It’s interesting to see how my professional sphere differs from online discourse. 

It’s important to educate yourself with multiple (more than 4) sources

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

There’s a march here in Mexico City tomorrow and I want to go but I also feel afraid because there’s a lot of people on social media mocking the march and the media is very pro-Israel and even in the last march (last Saturday) there were some protesters Pro-Israel screaming and attacking the Pro-Palestine protesters… I want to show my support but I also feel like it could be chaotic, I’m conflicted.

That will always be the case. Oppressors (+ their sheep) will want to stop you from using your voice if the issue threatens their power positions and/or privileges.  

Don’t fall for their scare tactics. Irl I assure you so many people are on the streets showing up to these protests so you won’t feel alone. 

GO! The more support the better 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

There hasn't been an evil like this since nazi Germany. Not even Russia

• Like 2

11 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Oh it's bad for him. Huuge crowd :clap3: 

And you better believe 95% of these protestors are not republicans :fan: Joe is over. 2024 will be a landslide win for Republicans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

Literal Nazi germany. All self-respecting and good moral Jewish people should abandon Israel immediately. It’s an ethno-state with a mission to only serve the Jewish - exactly as Germany wished to create an ethno-state only to serve an Arian race. The war is going to get bad. The US seem to be coaxing Iran to join the war. Israel and US are war mongers. Disgusting countries. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.