• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

8 minutes ago, VOSS said:

I don't know anything about the opposition....is he right or left of Netanyahu?

15 hours ago, DAP said:

Funny that South Africa was mentioned because even as a nominally reformed state, the vestiges of apartheid are real and exist through lines of class/race and a justice system that rarely held perpetrators accountable to their actions (and in fact were given amnesty)

Exactly. Sorry for the long essay, but chiming in here, that’s an important point to remember because people often discuss post-1994 South Africa as a ‘rainbow nation’ for Black people, many right-wingers go as far as suggesting that there’s a ‘white genocide’ happening there under an alleged ‘black rule’. To this day, White South Africans, which only make up 7.9% of the population, own over 70% of the farming land in the country. Despite the so-called ‘afrikaner slums’ being highly publicized in right-wing media circles, less than 1% of white people are actually living in poverty, a reality faced by nearly 70% of Black South Africans and 40% of Coloured South Africans.

Affirmative actions, such as BEE, are often under international scrutiny, and an extensive land reform still didn’t take place in South Africa. In fact, every time conversations about land redistribution, with or without compensation, flourish in local politics, westerner political figures make sure to insert themselves in the conversation to be in a position of “warning” South Africans that it’d be a “disastrous move” for the country.

It goes deeper than political amnesty, the transition from the apartheid regime to the current democracy was orchestrated in a way that purposefully didn’t tackle the generational hoard of wealth as a result of colonialism, which under a capitalist economic system, is the primary tool to maintain a hegemony with ties to systematic racism.

Armed anti-apartheid resistance forces voiced their concerns over this during the negotiation process that preceded 1994. Yes, I’m aware the existence of armed groups is a hard pill for some to swallow because it doesn’t align with the westernized idea of resistance coming from some of you, but those groups, which were often communists, were crucial to the fight for liberation in South Africa. To the members that randomly quoted a week-old post of mine because it is weirdly making rounds in the DMs of zionist ATRLers, no, I won’t white-wash the history of former colonies in the Global South and it’s similarities to current events because some parts of it makes your reactionary friends uncomfortable. 

Anyway, I wholeheartedly understand the feeling of urgency when it comes to to discussions around the possibilities for the liberation of Palestinians, but this urgency can’t leave out of the equation all the nuances of oppression inflicted by the Israel regime, which is something urged by many Palestinian scholars themselves. We must be careful with languages disguised as “a compromise for a good cause” that don’t fully tackle the Palestinian struggle and intend to purposefully maintain mechanisms of oppression in full operation.

Considering that Hamas was actually open to discussions about a two-state solution that respected the 1967 borders at one point, but the fact that the thought of Israel, as an ethno-state and now fascist regime, negotiating about a two-state solution, let alone within the 1967 borders, seems impossible, reinforces the idea of many Palestinians that there’s no productive conversations to be had with such a reactionary force other than the call for the end of the regime.

Important to note that the end of Israel isn’t necessarily the call for mass expulsion of today's Jewish Israelis. Taking white settler populations in Southern Africa as an example, White Supremacy historically conflates the tackling of neo-colonialism with the antagonizing of the existence of white communities. It is politically beneficial for the status quo to maintain those groups perpetually believing that their identity as a group is only possible to exist as a part of their experiences of settlers in a colonialist regime and any idea of dismantling that social hierarchy is a direct attack on them.

This is not different from what we see coming from the experience of many Jewish Israeli Settlers. See how the “Fight for your right to be White!” propaganda used by pro-white-rule parties, that was posted earlier by @Communion, doesn’t feel much different to the “Anti-zionism is inherently Anti-semitism!” rhetoric. For one, I admit that the dismantlement of that rhetoric is one of the greatest challenges for the conversation about the Palestinian struggle, and other disenfranchised groups, as far as Western discourse goes and the possibility of an exponential rise of awareness on the subject to make it possible to largely mobilize western citizens to question the role played by their respective governments in the ongoing ethnic cleansing and genocide.

Edited by Scars
  • Thanks 11

1 hour ago, Anthinos said:

The Pro-Palestine protests in Germany have really opened my eyes. I'm honestly scared. The political left is clearly blind when it comes to Islamism and many leftists genuinely hate the West. I would never vote for a right wing party but I don't feel comfortable voting for the left either. At least in Germany every party supports Israel but still. We need to have an open discussion about certain topics. The left needs to stop suger-coating Islamism. We literally have people here wanting a caliphate. This war is bigger than just Israel/Palestine and I'm afraid it's going to help the far right in Europe.

your racist ass have nothing to worry about, the German left decided to be ONCE AGAIN on the wrong side of history and be part of ANOTHER genocide :cm:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Being SCARED of "Islamism" and the "far-right in Europe" while living in GERMANY where "every party supports Israel" and ignoring the active ethnic cleansing/genocide of Palestinians is just peak white gay behavior. I'm cackling. Hope those protests keep haunting your dreams <3

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Anthinos said:

The Pro-Palestine protests in Germany have really opened my eyes. I'm honestly scared. The political left is clearly blind when it comes to Islamism and many leftists genuinely hate the West. I would never vote for a right wing party but I don't feel comfortable voting for the left either. At least in Germany every party supports Israel but still. We need to have an open discussion about certain topics. The left needs to stop suger-coating Islamism. We literally have people here wanting a caliphate. This war is bigger than just Israel/Palestine and I'm afraid it's going to help the far right in Europe.

So you're afraid of Muslims and want them barred from entering the land of your ancestors to preserve your historical cultural identity as a European... but also think your holy homeland via religious prophecy is in a land of... countless Muslims? 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Psychopaths & terrorists. 

7 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Terrorists doing terrorist things

No red lines, Jack. Did I stutter? :cm:

-Joe Biden, probably

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Communion said:

This is where you can tell none of this is actually about morals but geopolitical strategy and wishcasting.

Actually, this become obvious when Leftists, after years of supporting genocide against Kurds, Uyghurs, Taiwanese and Ukrainians, decided to co-opt the Palestinian cause for their own personal benefit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova_23 said:

Oh it's bad for him. Huuge crowd :clap3: 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Anthinos said:

Oh? So you're Islamophobic? Got it! Supporting Palestine is not far-right, you islamophbe. Also, many leftists do not have favorable opinions about western countries for a reason. They were the main perpetrators of colonialism and exploited (still exploiting, by the way!) Middle Eastern, African, Asian, and other countries that are not in the white, first-world, global north country club.

I also remember you posting your support for Israel because they are "a country for women, for LGBT+ people, for everyone." which isn't true since Israel bombs women and children and blackmails queer Palestinians.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, réveuse said:

🙄

Him and Selena Gomez are having a "how can I make this genocide about me" off :toofunny3:

An absolute clown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Him and Selena Gomez are having a "how can I make this genocide about me" off :toofunny3:

An absolute clown.

Exactly!! It's scary and disgusting he said this.

PS: More people need to know about Selena Gomez's shady history.

Edited by réveuse

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

An absolute clown.

Cross-posting from the Ukraine thread here, but…

The writing is on the wall and he knows it. :celestial5:

• Thumbs Down 1

something needs to be done about zelensky 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

:clap3: Love this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.