Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

7 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

👏🏼

Do you ever do anything other than clap like a seal and downvote anything remotely negative about an establishment Democrat?

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

Do you ever do anything other than clap like a seal and downvote anything remotely negative about an establishment Democrat?

Why are you so obsessed with me? Get off your high horse and go touch grass. You’ll be fine. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

I understand the sentiment behind it, but going "so you've been persecuted by everyone so we're just gonna ship all of you, no matter where you come from, to a Jewish land, that you can govern on your own so you're not in the way of everyone else" is an antisemitic sentiment, deep down.

The solution isn't to ship all Jews to an island. It's ... to not be antisemitic.

I understand that this and saying "Israel needs to be dissolved" are utopia sentiments that won't happen. But that's what SHOULD happen.

To be clear I'm in complete agreement with this sentiment. I'm a massive lib we love that secular state equal rights for all ****.

I just don't think it's possible and I view dismissing alternative solutions as irresponsible and, its own way, as contributing to the continuation of the occupation and the esclation of violence.

23 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Why are you so obsessed with me? Get off your high horse and go touch grass. You’ll be fine. 

Some of them have urr, issues, the way they went on my profile to downvote my posts from other threads, or made attempts to keep arguing in threads of mine that have nothing to do with this subjects, it never stops to serve unhinged... we love it lol, it's lowkey entertaining

the real drag is when I come on here being cute and funny and I still get served with downvotes, @Cloröx get a job leave me alone!! nothing but love x

g0q6C9y.gif

Edited by HungryByTheBuffet
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 17

7 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

It's been almost a month and they're still talking about the mythical beheaded babies and baby-in-the-oven story which were debunked several times to justify genocide and the killing of +9000 Palestinians. Give up already.

And I'm still waiting for the ATRL zionists to grow some balls and post from their main accounts. These dupes with less than 20 posts popping up daily here to post the most disturbing shite are getting boring and tired. "we’re murdering the terrorists among you" - says the terrorist. :zzz: 

:clack:

Lol this is exactly the problem. No one said that it justified the killing of Palestinians. Don't be so dense.

And do you know who actually justifies the Oct 7 attacks? The many people in this thread who I quoted but you seemed to miss that didn't you? The echo chamber of it all.

The only reason why I'm constantly bringing it up is that the fact that you guys keep denying it which you still are which is no surprise really. 'Debunked' my ass lol.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 12

14 hours ago, Dialamba said:

I’m not a pro and someone can add some information or correct me 

but I think thousand years ago, the land was occupied but the Jews then they eventually left years later.  

One thousand years ago, in 1023, it would have been Muslims that controlled what we now call Israel/Palestine. Jericho in the west bank, the oldest city in the world,  was settled in about 9000 BCE, making parts of Palestine about 11,000 years old. Judasim did not exist then.

Depending on the era, the shape and size of what was considered to be Israel changed a lot, and the lands that are considered to be ancient Israel (or Israel and Judah), did not include Gaza.

644px-Kingdoms_of_Israel_and_Judah_map_830.svg.png

This video is worth a look, from UsefulCharts on YouTube:
* Who Controlled Jerusalem the Longest?

Israelites, make their first appearance from around 1000 BCE, even though the Hebrew Bible did not exist at the time, so no-one would have called themselves Jewish back then, and then power shifted between various groups, including Persians, Greeks, Romans and others.

Also, some of the splits between different populations mentioned in the video (e.g. at 18:30) applied to Jerusalem, not Palestine as a whole. Palestinian Arabs were still 90 percent of the post-war population when immigration of European Jews began to increase in the British Mandate period.

You can draw your own conclusions, but there is no logical reason to thinks that white Jewish people from Europe should control Palestine. Just to be clear, I'm not saying every Israeli is a white person from a European background, but they do make up the vast majority of the political class.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Some of them have urr, issues, the way they went on my profile to downvote my posts from other threads, or made attempts to keep arguing in threads of mine that have nothing to do with this subjects, it never stops to server unhinged... we love it lol, it's lowkey entertaining

the real drag is when I come on here being cute and funny and I still get served with downvotes, @Cloröx get a job leave me alone!! nothing but love x

There's nothing funny in this thread. I guess it's the right time to ban you from this thread if you come here just to trolling people @Ryan

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Cloröx said:

There's nothing funny in this thread. I guess it's the right time to ban you from this thread if you come here just to trolling people @Ryan

You literally just posted a humorous meme on this page :skull: it's clearly just the way you perceive life as you've proven it again and again, dismissing my arguments cause I ended them with a gif etc back then... believe it or not there's a lot that's funny in life especially during tough times, hope you take it easy, if I as someone who is actually affected by the ongoing events can I'm sure you too can find the strength!

g0q6C9y.gif

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

Some of them have urr, issues, the way they went on my profile to downvote my posts from other threads, or made attempts to keep arguing in threads of mine that have nothing to do with this subjects, it never stops to serve unhinged... we love it lol, it's lowkey entertaining

g0q6C9y.gif

Is this really the thread to be cute and funny? Thousands of people are being killed.

Also, you are entitled to your opinion but members are entitled to downvote you if they so wish. I've been downvoted plenty and I'm often in the minority with my opinions in here. I've gotten angry with members and they've gotten pissed off with me. If you're going to engage in controversial debates about a contentious issue like this one, be prepared to take some fire.

• Thanks 1

You literally just posted a humorous meme on this page :skull: it's clearly just the way you perceive life as you've proven it again and again, dismissing my arguments cause I ended them with a gif etc back then... believe it or not there's a lot that's funny in life especially during tough times, hope you take it easy, if I as someone who is actually affected by the ongoing events can I'm sure you too can find the strength!

g0q6C9y.gif

It's not a meme, it's dark sarcarsm which simply implies how stupid IDF is. If you think that funny then there's something wrong in your head. 

• Like 1

Just now, Harrier said:

Is this really the thread to be cute and funny? Thousands of people are being killed.

Also, you are entitled to your opinion but members are entitled to downvote you if they so wish. I've been downvoted plenty and I'm often in the minority with my opinions in here. I've gotten angry with members and they've gotten pissed off with me. If you're going to engage in controversial debates about a contentious issue like this one, be prepared to take some fire.

a. If you want to keep any of your humanity which might help some members regain some general respect to everyone on here then yeah humor is important, and is used a lot by both Palestinians and Israelis as we speak, it's only the people who have nothing to get offended over attempting to get offended

and secondly idc about the downvotes I just think if some people are gonna downvote certain other people no matter what they post or what they say it's one thing, the whole escalating it out of this thread is another.

both aren't cute in my eyes so i have a right to call that out too right?

maybe I'm just be bitter cause I can't be arsed to return all those downvotes lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

Biden truly ruined his image reputation (if there any left). Gaza genocide is his most memorable legacy.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

It's not a meme, it's dark sarcarsm which simply implies how stupid IDF is. If you think that funny then there's something wrong in your head. 

All those things can be true at the same time? :cm: you would literally fight a wall if you could i-

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

3 hours ago, Harrier said:

Nothing close to the fancifcul one state which a minority of Palestinians

For the record, this is what actual recent polling shows:

2020 - West Bank:

66% - One state Palestine

14% - Two State Solution

11% - Being given equal rights in a one state Israel 

9% - Confederation between Jordan & Egypt 

2020 - Gaza:

56% - One state Palestine

31% - Two State Solution

9% - Being given equal rights in a one state Israel 

5% - Confederation between Jordan & Egypt 

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

To be clear I'm in complete agreement with this sentiment. I'm a massive lib we love that secular state equal rights for all ****.

I just don't think it's possible and I view dismissing alternative solutions as irresponsible and, its own way, as contributing to the continuation of the occupation and the esclation of violence.

The fact of the matter is that we're gonna have to accept sooner or later that there are no alternative solutions. There isn't a magical number of dead Palestinian babies or huge marches all over the world, or boycotts, or long standing suffering that'll change the course of history. At this point, I think only a miracle will make this whole thing not end with a massive ethnic cleansing (after they genocide a little more) and the annexation of Gaza.

I really f*cking hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Harrier said:

Dismissing reform for abolition isn’t irresponsible at all; that’s just an appropriate response to circumstance. Right now we have Israel objecting to simple calls, not even real proposals, for ceasefire. We can’t even anticipate reform because their massacre is ongoing and shows no sign of diminishing. It’s going to take a more radical solution to confront not just the scale and intensity of violence, but the impunity afforded to individual perpetrators and Israel as a vassal state. 

Now what that solution would be? I don’t know. And for what it’s worth I don’t oppose reform but am very skeptical. Funny that South Africa was mentioned because even as a nominally reformed state, the vestiges of apartheid are real and exist through lines of class/race and a justice system that rarely held perpetrators accountable to their actions (and in fact were given amnesty), and this can be a real outcome for a reformed Israel (that is, if we can even get to that point). 

Edited by DAP

31 minutes ago, Communion said:

For the record, this is what actual recent polling shows:

2020 - West Bank:

66% - One state Palestine

14% - Two State Solution

11% - Being given equal rights in a one state Israel 

9% - Confederation between Jordan & Egypt 

2020 - Gaza:

56% - One state Palestine

31% - Two State Solution

9% - Being given equal rights in a one state Israel 

5% - Confederation between Jordan & Egypt 

The results of this polling conflate support for a historic Palestine with expulsion or arab dominance, and support for a state with equal rights for jews and arabs. You are trying to be misleading.

2021 poll from Palestinian Center for Survey Policy and Research:

Spoiler

Support for the concept of the two-state solution stands at 39% and opposition stands at 59%. No description or details were provided for the concept. Three months ago, support for the concept stood at 36%.   When asked about their preferences regarding a political solution for the Palestinian-Israeli conflict from among three specific solutions, one third (33%) preferred the “two state solution, the state of Palestine next to the state of Israel,” 16% preferred a “one state solution, from the River to the Sea, with equal rights to Jews and Arabs,” and 11% preferred a one state solution in which the status of the Palestinians would be “the same as the status of the inside Palestinians,” and 32% preferred other solutions, such as “historic Palestine,” or “full Palestine,” or “independent Palestine,” and others.

Spoiler

Support for the one-state with equal rights in the West Bank (30%) compared to the Gaza Strip (27%), among youth between the ages of 18 and 22 (32%) compared to those whose age is 50 years or higher (29%), among supporters of Fatah (45%) compared to supporters of Hamas and third parties (17% and 30% respectively), in villages and small towns (44%) compared to refugee camps and cities (26% and 27% respectively), among women (30%) compared to men (27%), and among laborers and students (36% and 33% respectively) compared to employees and professionals (24% each).

Link

https://www.pcpsr.org/en/node/866

I would like to see polling that presents a binary choice betwen a two state solution and one state with equal rights, of both Israelis and Palestinians. That would help shed light on our disagreement.

• Like 1

Hamas operating underground & utilising close combat tactics to effectively neutralise Israeli air forces & long range attacks, as they would then in turn harm IDF terrorists, confounded by the fact that they’ve all but reduced Gaza, an already difficult to terrain to navigate, into rubble, making it impossible for their tanks to manoeuvre if they were to go in… Just shows how stupid & incompetent they are. There is no tactical plan. Their strategy is purely that of rage & indiscriminate destruction. Literally the loser bully who cries to big brother after hitting someone (Jamie Lynn) who’s dimwittedness ends in his demise. Their soldiers are COWARDS, murderers & a laughing stock. And they’re so cut up about everyone seeing it now. They know that, and that’s why their war is on literal babies. 

Edited by FOCK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Genocide Biden ladies and gentlemen

1 hour ago, Cloröx said:

Genocide Biden ladies and gentlemen

US drones are now taking part in the war, flying above Gaza.

Even if they aren't directing the attacks, they're certainly sharing info with Israel and are complicit in the target selection.

8 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Not that I agree with all of that members takes, but you just described majority of this thread not sure why he’s being singled out. Since the first week of this thread it’s been anything remotely not completely pro-Palestinian is heavily downvoted into oblivion it’s funny to see.

I would bet money certain users in here have some sense of pride when they see their post get likes and feel powerful disliking posts:rip: 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.