Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

Regarding the abuse of Palestinians by IDF, Israeli commenters are finally condemning that but they are also saying to not fall on their level. :doc: (meaning the Palestinians' level)

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

1 hour ago, Aristotle said:

Jews should've founded their state in almost empty Tasmania or some part of Australia. The amount of lives that would have been saved.  

The entire point of Zionism (among Evangelicals) is for Jews to control the Holy Land so that the Rapture can begin and all the Christian believers can be saved and go to Heaven while everyone else (including said Jews) meets a fiery demise as their divine punishment.

Setting aside Tasmania would go against US interests too, since as Joe Biden said, if Israel didn't exist, we would need to make one for a military base in the region.

13 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

I left your comment open last night because I wanted to take my time to reply properly.

#FreePalestine means freeing all Palestinians, not just the ones in Gaza and the West Bank, but also the millions of displaced Palestinians, who fled or were exiled because of the brutal ethnic cleansing campaigns launched by Israel over the past few decades.

People chant "from the river to the sea Palestine will be free" which means from the Jordan river to the Mediterranean sea. This is the entire territory today occupied by Israel. For this reason, people act like that chant is calling for genocide of Israel, which it absolutely doesn't.

There are multiple schools of thought in terms of how to solve this. I think the most popular one has always been the Two State solution, in which Palestine is given statehood and the occupation ends on both the West Bank and Gaza. This school of thought is rapidly losing support because it's unlikely to work. First of all, Gaza and the West Bank aren't connected and have a whole chunk of Israel in the middle (I believe Jared Kushner proposed building a tunnel to connect them, the clown). Second of all, it automatically implies Israel takes Jerusalem, where a ton of Palestinians (remember the ranking?) live. And third of all, without international intervention, Hamas and the IDF will continue to duke it out for the rest of eternity, whether Palestine has a state or not. The current situation is what happens when you try to do a two state solution, weirdly partitioning the land and all.

The other popular school of thought is what's called a one state solution. This solution needs for the one state to be secular (which Israel currently is not, even the name Israel comes from God's Promised Land).

A secular country, with just one form of ID and one form of citizenship, given automatically to everyone who lives in the territory (and to those exiled). You need to also end the birthright campaigns, obviously end the apartheid regime, replace the IDF with normal political institutions (fully terminate the IDF in its current form), give back their homes to displaced Palestinians, and reparations to Palestinians. This new state needs to be heavily controlled and intervened until it can stand on its own (and NOT by the US).

It's not a complicated solution. It's a pretty simple concept. It's just hard to actually implement it because Israel's crybabies would probably blow up a small country (any small country, they aren't picky) just hearing the suggestion. But personally, it's the only solution that I can see somewhat succeeding (and it'd probably be bloody for decades, just significantly less bloody than it is right now).

I really appreciate your taking the time to enlighten me. You don’t have to keep answering as I know I can go do my own research too and I will, but what would you suggest the US do about this? I know the US is supportive of Israel because they’re a huge military asset but ideally, how would the US use their power to end this genocide?

I just donated $150 USD to both the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund and the Palestine Red Crescent Society

Can someone please tell me any other great, legitimate charities that are providing aid to the people in Gaza? I live in Canada so if you know of any Canadian organizations that would be great :heart:

• Like 7

7 hours ago, ForgottenSoul said:

Im guessing IDF destroy Hamas and then pull out at least that means from their perspective a big force of trained terrorists are destroyed and all the tunnels and weapons etc.. are gone. netanyahu will hopefully be gone after that and maybe some sort of deal can happen but who knows Palestine people are angry which is justified. 

Can I ask you something though what should Israel have done in response to Hamas? 

The IDF cannot destroy Hamas because there will always be another Palestinian cause for resistance if the occupation by Israel still exists 

Netanyahu will not go until he has annexed Gaza. It’s clear he doesn’t support a two state solution and has always been in favour of a singular ethno-state. With the blind support of Western countries he’s more emboldened than ever 

As for what Israel should have done. Israel should have decided long ago not to illegally occupy Gaza and turn it into a prison with uninhabitable conditions. They are the sole reason for the destabilisation of that area. Israel should stop illegally occupying areas of Palestine and honour the agreement. 

In response to Oct 7th they should have sent in ground troops to retrieve the hostages. Israel has the 14th strongest military in the world. Gaza does not have an army. This would have been very achievable. Then from there they should have been open to a discussion about two state solution to end the madness as there’s no point continuing to occupy Gaza if it’s at that cost. Many other countries including the US have already offered ideas for two states to co-exist  

But no. The terrorist state wants bloodshed of innocents because that’s all it knows 

• Thanks 1

This situation just keeps getting worse 

Edited by differentkindahigh
  • Thumbs Down 6

9 minutes ago, differentkindahigh said:

My ATRL brain can only equate this to music rn.

I feel like Taylor Swift is Isreal, trying to steal property from Scooter Braun (Palestine) by re recording and re releasing, trying to 'occupy' and murder/erase what he owns.

I think I just had a stroke attempting to read this post.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, differentkindahigh said:

My ATRL brain can only equate this to music rn.

I feel like Taylor Swift is Isreal, trying to steal property from Scooter Braun (Palestine) by re recording and re releasing, trying to 'occupy' and murder/erase what he owns.

If you wanna troll please do it somewhere else. We don't have time to entertain your ass.

Worse than Demi's PR team :hoetenks:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LookinAssHittas said:

I just donated $150 USD to both the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund and the Palestine Red Crescent Society

Can someone please tell me any other great, legitimate charities that are providing aid to the people in Gaza? I live in Canada so if you know of any Canadian organizations that would be great :heart:

Not Canadian but I donated to Anera (American Near East Refugee Aid). For more direct assistance you can purchase e-sims to help restore internet service although the donation link is down for now because they are processing the funds :heart:

Edited by DAP
  • Thanks 2

This is serving Nazi :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAP said:

Not Canadian but I donated to Anera (American Near East Refugee Aid). For more direct assistance you can purchase e-sims to help restore internet service although the donation link is down for now because they are processing the funds :heart:

Thank you for this, I’ll bookmark this link and donate once they reopen ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shelven said:

I think I just had a stroke attempting to read this post.

That person should be banned for the dumbest take on this site

Scooter also funds Israel btw :cm:

IDF's response being "we told the [refugee camp] to move south" is so ******* despicable. It's a ******* refugee camp, what part of that do you not understand? Evil. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Even devil himself is shaking. I hope he died from the worst painful death :biblionana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.