Israel-Palestine Conflict 2023/ 2024 Mega Thread

Ryan

U.S. just vetoed the resolution for a "Humanitarian Pause"

Every other country a part of this council was ready to compromise. U.S. is saying they will only agree if the charter makes note of "Israel's right to defend itself"

Disgusting.

Edited by Khris

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

I don’t like either side 💀 

You don't care that millions of people live in the largest concentration camp that every human rights group has noted??

Even Albert Einstein cautioned what was happening before his death. 

“Should we be unable to find a way to honest cooperation and honest pacts with the Arabs, then we have learned absolutely nothing from our 2,000 years of suffering and will deserve our fate.”

“The most important aspect of our [Israel’s] policy must be our ever-present, manifest desire to institute complete equality for the Arab citizens living in our midst. . . . The attitude we adopt toward the Arab minority will provide the real test of our moral standards as a people.”

15 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

You don't care that millions of people live in the largest concentration camp that every human rights group has noted??

Even Albert Einstein cautioned what was happening before his death. 

“Should we be unable to find a way to honest cooperation and honest pacts with the Arabs, then we have learned absolutely nothing from our 2,000 years of suffering and will deserve our fate.”

“The most important aspect of our [Israel’s] policy must be our ever-present, manifest desire to institute complete equality for the Arab citizens living in our midst. . . . The attitude we adopt toward the Arab minority will provide the real test of our moral standards as a people.”

I do not support either side that is murdering people.and both sides are guilty of doing just that at the moment.  🤷 

what I do support is either side showing proof of who did it. And so far all we have is the pictures from the area this happened at. 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Thumbs Down 7

8 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I do not support either side that is murdering people.and both sides are guilty of doing just that at the moment.  🤷 

You are talking about hamas. I'm talking about the actual people of Palestine that are living in a concentration camp. Are you for their freedom or not??? THAT IS WHAT THE PROTESTS ARE FOR. There's a reason every person from Nelson Mandela to other human rights activists have stated this is one of the most important causes ever. 

Playing dumb. 

Edited by carameldelight
  • Like 4

Crazy thing is this is one of Albert Einstein's final letters, did he predict something:

Einstein’s letter

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

Report for what? You keep talking about how the damage is miniscule and how happy of you about it although 400+ have been killed from the attack 

The parking lots are usually empty and even if it was full there is not enough space for 400 people in there.

Edited by Aristotle
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

They’re still trying to convince people they didn’t bomb Al-Ahli hospital as if Israel hasn’t bombed hospitals in the past :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, DAP said:

Couldn’t this all be resolved by them (who ever is in charge around the hospital) releasing images/videos of the debris from the missile?  If they are marked or easily identifiable that would surely help. Thts if it exists anyway. I’m just going off this “phone call” 

again neither side is showing any proof of who did it. We only have the pictures we got this morning to go off of. 

Edited by GhostBox

41 minutes ago, Khris said:

Respectfully, I see your point, but the Egyptian's parliament's stance on this has not been "No, they cannot come in"

It has been "No, the people of Gaza should not have to be displaced, and shoved out of their land. Let us send our aid in"
Even more so, the Egyptians' willingness to distribute aid AMIDST a conflict in their neighboring territory, is more than many other countries are offering right now.

Palestinians who leave are not allowed back into Israel or Gaza. This is clearly a trap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

I am not pro-Israel whatsoever and have spent the last week endlessly calling for a ceasefire

It is better to be responsible and open to the facts of a changing situation, rather than blindly believing something because it aligns with your worldview. It may be that Israel is responsible for last night's horrendous atrocity but that is not clear as of this moment. Thus my encouragement of restraint to members in the thread jumping to conclusions in either direction

Regardless again I will restate my desire to see a ceasefire and an end to Israel's illegal occupation of Palestine

The last part is all that matters. No matter what, that's the key point. Whether or not they bombed the hospital doesn't negate all the other atrocities so harping on that ONE thing they may have done says a lot about your stance. 

"Yeah they threw 6000+ bombs in the densely populated area and killed 4000+ people, but maybe they didn't bomb that one hospital despite their being a lot of evidence backing up the fact that they did so let's all wait till we know for certain" is how you are coming across. Whether or not they bombed the Hospital, they have bombed countless others and caused so much destruction it doesn't even matter. Even if they took responsibility for the hospital bombing, it would not change the pro-israeli and US backing of them. 

I hate that this is our reality. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bjorn said:

So what’s the truth, was it Israel or Hamas who bombed the hospital? 

x2

I’m still guessing Israel but the media (and this thread) are a mess.

12 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The parking lots are usually empty and even if it was full there is not enough space for 400 people in there.

@Communion, what's good? 

12 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

"Ah, you see, there is a meaningful difference in 200 dead vs 400 dead that demands intricate details and evaluation to avoid the ~fog of war~."

"No, Israel can confirm this ourselves. We do not need foreign independent investigators or a ceasefire."

"Yes, we still demand 10,000 dead Palestinians to make up for the 40 killed children we will not investigate or release evidence over."

Genuinely the enthusiasm expressed in minimizing Palestinian suffering while dramatizing the suffering of Israelis to where details are no longer important is wild to see in real time. 

One would forget that death totals are going to quickly approach 3x more Palestinian casualties than Israeli deaths and yet by and large the skepticism on fine toothing each death is burdened for Palestine. 

• Like 8

The one “debatable” hospital bombing and casualties is the justification for the mass exodus and destruction of Palestinians. 

Can any of you on the side of the apartheid state co-sign this? Since I’m seeing a lot of walking around the situation by saying xyz, and it’s very disingenuous to not assume the position as the Free Palestine side has been acting in good faith in this thread. 

• Like 1

Gaza is super crowded, limited in supplies and they only have crude rockets against Israel. If the explosion was from the Palestinian side, it was not intentional. Not all of the rockets are going to launch properly and because of how dense Gaza is, there will always be a chance of tons of people being around if one fails. Which is why proper evacuation and aid is important.

See! The number of deaths and the damages of the hospital were less than what was initially said! These Palestinians and those defending them are overreacting! :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

"Ah, you see, there is a meaningful difference in 200 dead vs 400 dead that demands intricate details and evaluation to avoid the ~fog of war~."

"No, Israel can confirm this ourselves. We do not need foreign independent investigators or a ceasefire."

"Yes, we still demand 10,000 dead Palestinians to make up for the 40 killed children we will not investigate or release evidence over."

Genuinely the enthusiasm expressed in minimizing Palestinian suffering while dramatizing the suffering of Israelis to where details are no longer important is wild to see in real time. 

One would forget that death totals are going to quickly approach 3x more Palestinian casualties than Israeli deaths and yet by and large the skepticism on fine toothing each death is burdened for Palestine. 

I am happy that 800 did not die in the attack and that the hospital is also fine and can take patients many of which are victims of war. That's all.

And chances are that the bomb is not even from Israel which Israel would use to justify their operation in Gaza as in to liberate the Palestinians while bombing them.

3 minutes ago, fememeist said:

The one “debatable” hospital bombing and casualties is the justification for the mass exodus and destruction of Palestinians. 

Can any of you on the side of the apartheid state co-sign this? Since I’m seeing a lot of walking around the situation by saying xyz, and it’s very disingenuous to not assume the position as the Free Palestine side has been acting in good faith in this thread. 

!!!

Literally the only two parties not calling for a ceasefire at this point are Israel itself and America.

Wanna know how you solve if babies were beheaded? By letting an independent party investigate. 

Wanna know how you discover who bombed a hospital? By letting an independent party investigate. 

The ICC is banned from stepping foot in Israel or Palestine due to Israel. America has said it will do whatever Israel wants. 

The shortest route to resolution is the acknowledgement of a ceasefire.

When Israeli tragedy hits, that's apparently a no go. When Palestinian tragedy hits, its still a no go through some mind bend of "Hamas forced the IDF to bomb that hospital -> Actually it was Hamas (or PIJ) who bombed that hospital themselves-> Upon reflection, would we even consider what happened to the hospital to have been a bomb?"

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I am happy that 800 did not die in the attack and that the hospital is also fine and can take patients many of which are victims of war. That's all.

And chances are that the bomb is not even from Israel which Israel would use to justify their operation in Gaza as in to liberate the Palestinians while bombing them.

"I'm glad Israel claims it did not attack that one particular hospital as part of the 8 it did bomb because then Israel would just double down and attacked even more hospitals and we would be forced to watch"

What?

Just now, Communion said:

"I'm glad Israel claims it did not attack that one particular hospital as part of the 8 it did bomb because then Israel would just double down and attacked even more hospitals and we would be forced to watch"

What?

If the bomb is not from Israel but from Hamas/or who else and killed 500-800 Palestinians then Israel would use that to justify their operations/genocide in Gaza.

5 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Surely if Israel didn’t do it they wouldn’t feel the need to lie and fabricate this? :celestial5:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.