• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cloröx

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

• Aethereal

1 hour ago, Harrier said:

Things are still not clear to me as of right now, but I hope this mess can be a lesson to everyone about the fog of war and not jumping to conclusions, myself included :rip:In any case, ceasefire now.

The truth is first to die in times of war, but it is important to understand the playbook when it comes to the justification of war crimes throughout history, especially when it comes to the flat out dismantlement of Arab nations (in this particular situation) by the west as well as Saudi and the Gulf States where Wahhabism is used as a tool to fund and arm terrorists. They lied about Iraq, they lied about Syria, the lied about Libya, etc. What’s not clear when it comes to Palestine? 

(not directed at you) but Wahhabism and the way it operates as a tool by NATO is important to understand. It provides indirect support through the establishment of networks that give material facilitation to extremist groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda (as if Saudi Arabia is actually using the hundreds of dollars worth of American weaponry to “combat terrorism” and act as a peace agreement). Hamas for example being labeled and related to ISIS as a way to trigger Europeans into supporting this playbook, to remind them of the terrorist attacks in Europe led by ISIS. Like we’ve already gotten past the fact that ISIS has mainly targeted Muslim majorities all around Israel for some reason without ever actually attacking Israel (yet was/is the #1 threat to Israel) which led to American led war crimes against humanity in places like Syria & Iraq, so now it’s time to give Hamas that title. Simply placing the blame on Hamas for being sooo poorly trained and primitive. Whether or not the hospital bombing was a misfire by Hamas, these are the blurred lines, excuses, and/or lies the IDF can get away with in order to further obliterate Gaza. 

Edited by BGKC
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

wdym it didn’t happen :rip: of course it did

Only a certain part of the hospital was bombed around the park according to the past posts and the number of the dead is much smaller than 500 or 800. 

I am glad it was not as high as it was formerly reported. 

"As it was reported." I should've added more details as some of you cannot read. :rip:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I am really happy that the Hospital incident did not happen as it was reported. 

What a weird choice of words :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

"As it was reported." I should've added more details as some of you cannot read. :rip:

calm your ****. also the dead count remains unconfirmed. But everywhere it’s estimated 500 or more. 

• Like 1

Joe Biden wasn’t going to listen to the Palestinians which is why his meeting in Jordan was pointless anyways. He was going to try to do what he does best and say empty words while unconditionally siding with Israel. 

The Arab world does not need to welcome a man that stands on the side of the genocide of Palestinians. 

• Like 2

Only today, 11 days after the start of the war, did my university remember that it has Arab students and sent out an email condemning racism + saying it won't "condone it."

It, of course, has not yet posted it on its social media page (afraid of backlash maybe? Sounds weird, I know, but this is sadly the state of affairs right now). It also hasn't explicitly added it to the "zero-tolerance" policy in its initial statements referring to the dumbass students who celebrated Hamas' attacks on social media. It simply said that such cases would be "reviewed." I am sure you won't be shocked when I say that I don't feel like Jews and Arabs will be punished equally, nor do I think that certain rhetoric would be punished as severely as others. Not sure if other universities have sent out similar statements. 

I remember when people thought that Jewish-Arab relations within Israel couldn't possibly become worse after the 2021 war on Gaza and the violent response of Israeli authorities to the protests of Palestinian citizens of Israel ("Israeli-Arabs"). The effects of the current war are much worse. Any little trust in institutions, governmental or otherwise, are collapsing rapidly. It is so surreal witnessing this, if not deeply saddening (the deterioration of Jewish-Arab relations that is, public and private institutions ain't BEEN ****). 

A big part of me is still hoping that some sort of reconciliation with my Jewish friends can be reached. I understand that Hamas' attack was their version of 9/11. But for reconciliation to happen, they will have to admit that Israel overplayed its hand in its response to the attack and the massacres its currently inflicting on Gazans. Unfortunately, +90% are fervently defending the Israeli response, and I don't know how there could be a comeback from this. Which really really ******* sucks. I'll be sticking to my principles, but it still ******* sucks.

It feels horrible to say this, and I realize the optics will be bad, but I don't have a single Jewish Israeli on my socials anymore. I was either removed or removed them myself, with the only Jewish mutuals being from abroad (and even then, I removed some for supporting what is happening in Gaza). This a mix of mutual dislike of what the other has been posting and paranoia. After hearing endless reports of students being expelled for even opposing the war and criticizing the IDF's actions, I did not feel safe having people who support the IDF's actions viewing my (generically humanitarian!!!) posts -and so I started the removing them. That removed most. After yesterday's hospital bombing, I just couldn't handle being silent anymore and removed the rest just so I could feel comfortable enough to express my devastation at the news and plea for a ceasefire. Ironically, it was effectively hidden from the very same people who needed to hear these pleas the most, because both sides got effectively cut off from each other. 

Sorry if I'm ranting every other day with a long essay. I guess part of me just wanted to let some of my frustrations and grievances out since I have nowhere else to post such a thoughts with a (possible) shed of anonymity. The moment I start typing one thing, things start spiraling inside my head and I start to writing endlessly without thinking. I think I need to force myself to withdraw from the news and social media because this is becoming unbearable. Hope I'll succeed, but I really don't know. Feels like my only escape is sleeping so far, and I haven't been sleeping well even from before the events unfolded. Now it's just becoming worse.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

Why do you people keep posting these random Twitter users and then lying that they're apolitical?

That man literally works for ASPI. He is literally an employee of the Australian intelligence branch and his paychecks come from National Endowment for Democracy grants that are issued by the CIA?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

Biden had an opportunity to actually gain support from Arabs/the middle eastern community but his allegiance to Israel is too much that he would rather the whole Arab world hate him and the USA than actually show even a shred of empathy to Palestinians. 

And before anyone says bUt pOlItICs. Politics gets thrown out the door when genocide is happening. See Colombia and Ireland and other countries calling this what it is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chemist said:

silence only when the kids are sleep not dead!

WAKE THE **** UPPPPPP

7 minutes ago, welham said:

Only today, 11 days after the start of the war, did my university remember that it has Arab students and sent out an email condemning racism + saying it won't "condone it."

It, of course, has not yet posted it on its social media page (afraid of backlash maybe? Sounds weird, I know, but this is sadly the state of affairs right now). It also hasn't explicitly added it to the "zero-tolerance" policy in its initial statements referring to the dumbass students who celebrated Hamas' attacks on social media. It simply said that such cases would be "reviewed." I am sure you won't be shocked when I say that I don't feel like Jews and Arabs will be punished equally, nor do I think that certain rhetoric would be punished as severely as others. Not sure if other universities have sent out similar statements. 

I remember when people thought that Jewish-Arab relations within Israel couldn't possibly become worse after the 2021 war on Gaza and the violent response of Israeli authorities to the protests of Palestinian citizens of Israel ("Israeli-Arabs"). The effects of the current war are much worse. Any little trust in institutions, governmental or otherwise, are collapsing rapidly. It is so surreal witnessing this, if not deeply saddening (the deterioration of Jewish-Arab relations that is, public and private institutions ain't BEEN ****). 

A big part of me is still hoping that some sort of reconciliation with my Jewish friends can be reached. I understand that Hamas' attack was their version of 9/11. But for reconciliation to happen, they will have to admit that Israel overplayed its hand in its response to the attack and the massacres its currently inflicting on Gazans. Unfortunately, +90% are fervently defending the Israeli response, and I don't know how there could be a comeback from this. Which really really ******* sucks. I'll be sticking to my principles, but it still ******* sucks.

It feels horrible to say this, and I realize the optics will be bad, but I don't have a single Jewish Israeli on my socials anymore. I was either removed or removed them myself, with the only Jewish mutuals being from abroad (and even then, I removed some for supporting what is happening in Gaza). This a mix of mutual dislike of what the other has been posting and paranoia. After hearing endless reports of students being expelled for even opposing the war and criticizing the IDF's actions, I did not feel safe having people who support the IDF's actions viewing my (generically humanitarian!!!) posts -and so I started the removing them. That removed most. After yesterday's hospital bombing, I just couldn't handle being silent anymore and removed the rest just so I could feel comfortable enough to express my devastation at the news and plea for a ceasefire. Ironically, it was effectively hidden from the very same people who needed to hear these pleas the most, because both sides got effectively cut off from each other. 

Sorry if I'm ranting every other day with a long essay. I guess part of me just wanted to let some of my frustrations and grievances out since I have nowhere else to post such a thoughts with a (possible) shed of anonymity. The moment I start typing one thing, things start spiraling inside my head and I start to writing endlessly without thinking. I think I need to force myself to withdraw from the news and social media because this is becoming unbearable. Hope I'll succeed, but I really don't know. Feels like my only escape is sleeping so far, and I haven't been sleeping well even from before the events unfolded. Now it's just becoming worse.

I only got the chance to read your last two paragraphs as I was scrolling up and saw your apology but will read the rest here shortly however i think i speak for every poster on here who says please continue to post and please use this platform as an opportunity to express how you really feel. 

Again I am so sorry you are going through this. Believe it or not everyday I come to these forums to make sure you’ve engaged on here so at least I know you’re okay. Please stay safe ❤️

Edited by Nova_23

2 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

If Israel was not guilty of bombing the hospital they are going to use this justify killing more Palestinians. :biblio:

whether they’re guilty or not, they will kill more Palestinians. At this point, they don’t need a justification for themselves and it’s clear the powers of the western world don’t care. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

If Israel was not guilty of bombing the hospital they are going to use this justify killing more Palestinians. :biblio:

or actually use this as an excuse to bomb over and over, we found hamas under the hospital oh well 800 more death toll. :deadbanana2:

and since biden announced to the world he’s behind israel 100% even after the hospital, i fear the worst is yet to come

Edited by Carter
  • Like 1

At this point, it’s not matter of if escalation arrives but when and from whom.

The U.S. special forces are already there so that’s not a surprise to me but I’m referring to actions like an Israeli march on Gaza. Once that begins all bets are off regarding Hezbollah and Iran, and then it’s a domino effect.

I guess my worry is that a ground invasion of Gaza was the concern trigger for a larger conflict but now the hospital bombing seems to have beat that to the punch.

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

At this point, it’s not matter of if escalation arrives but when and from whom.

The U.S. special forces are already there so that’s not a surprise to me but I’m referring to actions like an Israeli march on Gaza. Once that begins all bets are off regarding Hezbollah and Iran, and then it’s a domino effect.

I guess my worry is that a ground invasion of Gaza was the concern trigger for a larger conflict but now the hospital bombing seems to have beat that to the punch.

A world war stemming from the palestian-Israeli conflict would be WILD. The alliance’s would be so jumbled, as well as all the anti-war protests and threat of nuclear warfare, the world would decent into chaos/destruction.

I have lots of things to say but to be honest I don’t think words can convey how devastated and helpless I feel right now. #freepalestine 🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Edited by CroNich

3 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

Huge mistake by the Jordan PM to postpone the meeting with Biden, this will only result in Biden listening to one point of view Ie Israel. 

Do you really think Biden wants to solve this conflict? :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, welham said:

I feel similarly. Luckily, support for Palestinian liberation is the norm in my country’s youth (Ireland) so I don’t feel a pressure there.

…But I work with a lot of Americans and being at a (scientific) conference last week, the dominant narrative was apathy toward Palestine. The best was a “both sides-ism”,“pray for peace” type of sentiment. I’ve truly never felt so disillusioned in the West. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

Joe Biden wasn’t going to listen to the Palestinians which is why his meeting in Jordan was pointless anyways. He was going to try to do what he does best and say empty words while unconditionally siding with Israel. 

The Arab world does not need to welcome a man that stands on the side of the genocide of Palestinians. 

OK then let's stop all negotiations and just keep bombing because that's clearly the only alternative...

• Thumbs Down 1

Biden gonna lose substantial standing in his party after today…

And I actually disagree that Biden's canceled meeting with Arab leaders was a wasted opportunity. As other users have mentioned, the main goal of the meeting was to prevent escalation and protect Israeli interests, providing only lip service to Palestinian suffrage. All the Arab leaders are spineless cowards who tow in line with almost anything that U.S. orders, but even they saw the writing on the wall and did not want to be publicly crucified by their people. No matter what facts come out of the hospital story, anger and contempt will haunt every single Arab leader that stands with Israel. For all they care, allowing Israel to mercilessly bombard the Gazan population + order the evacuation was enough reason to demand immediate ceasefire; creating the circumstances which allowed the hospital bombing to happen from either side only mounted these calls, and immediate response from Arab leaders would be demanded. 

What the cancelation shows is that the U.S. is losing face and influence in the region, with local populations getting radicalized against Americans to this degree for the first time since the post 9/11 wars. This is an abysmal failure on Biden's part (especially allowing Blinken to go around the ME publicly fangirling over Israel), and no Arab leader wants to be a part of it. They would much rather enjoy stability at home, pay lip-service to their constituents to "validate" their anger and maybe call them a bit, then put more pressjre on Israel to end its disastrous, chaotic campaign that is spreading instability in the region. Instability at home is the biggest threat to these Arab leaders. 

• Like 3

Just now, Monster Megamind said:

OK then let's stop all negotiations and just keep bombing because that's clearly the only alternative...

isn’t that what’s happening?

what peace he’s trying to reach if he keeps saying its israel right to defend itself? 

3 hours ago, Cloröx said:

Lol, he can't even have that courage to say it with straight face and just reading the script knowing it's a lie

The U.S Government finally outing themselves as the oppressive, genocide-supporting villains they’ve been the whole time.

Its time for a revolution me thinks 

1 minute ago, Lil Mxnster said:
1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

Biden gonna lose substantial standing in his party after today…

The establishment Dems are in lock step with Biden. If you meant anti war leftist voters then may be.

1 minute ago, CroNich said:

A world war stemming from the palestian-Israeli conflict would be WILD. The alliance’s would be so jumbled. 

I have lots of things to say but to be honest I don’t think words can convey how devastated and helpless I feel right now. #freepalestine 🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

China would never enter a conflict not in the East Asian region so I feel a full world war is an irrational prospect. However a regional war involving Iran & the US is concievable and a legitmate concern. Israel must de-escalate not only for the sake of Palestinian lives but also to avoid a more disastrous war than anything in recent history

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.