7. He Loves Me Yeah!   
8. eBay Purchase History   
9. Underdressed at the Symphony  
10. Tttttime

Edited by houndsoflove

• ATRL Moderator

:jonnycat: ready for the collapse

• 2 weeks later...

Her streams are so impressive for an indie act that doesn’t even feel A-List indie like Mitski. Loved her last album. I will definitely check this one out

Edited by liquiddiamonds

yes!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Lego Ring is a freaking obsession, but He Loves Me Yeah! and Ttttttime are amazing too! This is my first time approaching her in full! Gonna give a listen to the rest of her catalogue! :bird:

I like her a lot but sometimes she sounds so much like Natalie Prass that it makes me sad that Natalie Prass's debut album didn't get as much hype as Faye always gets. idk lol. did Faye go viral on tiktok or something? it seems everyone knows about her. anyway! both fantastic artists obviously

But Not Kiss is stunning, and the other three pre-release singles are super cute

I think for me it's...

But Not Kiss > Lego Ring > Lifetime > Feeling Good Today

this is going to be aoty... I feel like her last two albums were already incredible but there's something to this where it's taking her style in a new direction yet it still feels distinctly her

Alright, the album commences with a gentle and tender exposition, complemented by these delicately electrified strings that aptly dictate the tempo. Her vocal finesse, renowned for its subtlety, is reaffirmed here. As the track unfolds, the production escalates, evolving into a "further dynamic" arrangement, enriched with expanded musical accompaniments and instrumentation. Frankly, it may run a tad long, but it harmonizes well within the context. Wanna Quit All The Time exudes charm, characterized by a more rounded and supple production, with velvety, leisurely vocals gracefully intertwining with the melody. It's not among my personal favorites, if I may be candid. Undoubtedly, He Loves Me Yeah! is my paramount choice: the production, the guitar, and the vocals embellished with a subtle filtering effect! Truly remarkable! It is bound to be a standout among the fans. The vocals are meticulously synchronized with the rhythm, seamlessly transitioning between brisk and leisurely passages. While mildly repetitive, its beauty is undeniable. As for the title track, it takes a retrospective stance, aligning itself with the ambiance of the initial track, albeit with a further deceleration and softening, which somewhat influences (and perhaps compromises) the production quality. The closing track is peculiar yet integral: her utterance of "t-t-t-t-t-t-imeee" is quite distinctive! The accompanying violin adds an exceptional layer to the composition! 

Loving all of the pre-release tracks. Can't wait for this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.