Ariana Grande - 'eternal sunshine'

ariananext

2 hours ago, Gerardo said:

I think she didn't do anything yesterday because we were getting the Hot Ones interview today, and on the 27th of July she did drop merch and physicals for tbim

I don't think it's over yet but most announcements will start being more and more uninteresting (like merch), until the day she announced the deluxe (if it ever comes)

Imperfect for you video will drop in November 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jude

• Gerardo

• ariananext

• wantedyoutogrow

her hot ones episode was cute. now would be a good time to drop the deluxe of the album to give it new life as we enter Q3, but it seems like she ditched that idea.

• Like 2

i fear we are getting the deluxe in 2025 as q3 and q4 are gonna be Wicked themed :gaycat6:

But maybe we might get ag8 instead of the deluxe as Ariana is extremely motivated to make music rn

• Like 1

Maybe the deluxe will be something like a part II, and count more like AG8, something like Beyonce's 3 themed project.

• Like 1

Also, "We Can't Be Friends" is literally carrying the era on its back. It's still predicted to be inside the Top 40, more than 22 weeks after its release. That's amazing for Ariana's chart standards. :clap3:

"The Boy Is Mine" is also having little longevity and is turning into a cute hit for her, I guess. It could perform better, but it's already about to cross 15 charting weeks and with a #16 peak, that's good.

The album is about to leave the Top 50 of the BB200 though after 21 weeks.:biblionny:

• Like 2

I hope she drops another single before going to another album, and hopefully it's supernatural 

• Like 1

I hope she drops another single before going to another album, and hopefully it's eternal sunshine 

title track is the best song on the album but I fear it wouldn't be a good single choice, supernatural and bye are the only good options left from the album :celestial5:

if she wants to wrap up the era already she can just release 'bye' as the final single, it'd be a cute way to end the era and it has radio potential, if she's still doing the deluxe she should capitalize on it with a brand new single and if there's another track doing good from it then that can be the final single :kitty:

• Like 2

Gretchen, stop trying to make Eternal Sunshine (song) happen! It's not going to happen (as a single). :giraffe:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I hope she drops another single before going to another album, and hopefully it's supernatural 

She is, it's imperfect for u, in November. She filed a video already 

8 hours ago, Gerardo said:

title track is the best song on the album but I fear it wouldn't be a good single choice, supernatural and bye are the only good options left from the album :celestial5:

if she wants to wrap up the era already she can just release 'bye' as the final single, it'd be a cute way to end the era and it has radio potential, if she's still doing the deluxe she should capitalize on it with a brand new single and if there's another track doing good from it then that can be the final single :kitty:

Apparently there's 3 more singles 

how poorly will the other 3 singles do?

they let tbim die 

why would they take it off radio? :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

I went back to this album after a little break and being so consumed by Charli/Billie/Chappell's albums recently, and it's still really fantastic. All killer, no filler! :jonny6:

At this point, I believe she's saving the deluxe for spring 2025 to coincide with the "mini-tour" later that summer. She'll be done with Wicked promo and they could market it as a reissue of the standard album with new singles and promo. I would prefer getting a whole new album tbh, but I'll always welcome new content from her. Another great collection of 5-7 deluxe tracks would eat. 

That said, it's weird that her team isn't restocking more signed CDs. They sold out quickly the last time they did it so they might as well milk it instead of letting the album rot like this. Pushing Supernatural or Bye wouldn't hurt too. :coffee2:

• Like 6

supernatural would sound ethereal on the radio. Perfect for the end of summer.... its got a heavenly sound to it 😄

21 hours ago, Trip said:

why would they take it off radio? :rip:

One of my favorite songs of 2024 :sosad:

I don't see supernatural or bye resonating with the U.S audience - plus she already released two dance-pop/synth-pop songs already with yes, and? and wcbf. More often than not her pop songs are slept on during their initial chart runs compared to her more r&b/hip-hop leaning stuff, especially since 2016. Even WCBF is performing much better internationally than in the U.S. Title track bridge is TikTok bait and would resonate with her U.S audience if pushed properly once we move into Fall/Winter. I doubt she will end up pushing anymore singles from the standard album atp though. If we get another single it will be from the deluxe whenever that is going to be released. Title track will be the everytime of ES - a strong album track that should have been a single. Ever since Sweetener she always has that one missed single opportunity that ends up showing itself in recurrent streams (everytime, needy, motive...) lol. 

Getting way ahead of myself but I'm interested what direction she will go for with AG8. I think she needs to take more creative risks. I love ES but it's very much still in her comfort zone. Want more of her low range and darker tone showcased. The low notes in IFY make me want more of that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tm4074 said:

I don't see supernatural or bye resonating with the U.S audience - plus she already released two dance-pop/synth-pop songs already with yes, and? and wcbf. More often than not her pop songs are slept on during their initial chart runs compared to her more r&b/hip-hop leaning stuff, especially since 2016. Even WCBF is performing much better internationally than in the U.S. Title track bridge is TikTok bait and would resonate with her U.S audience if pushed properly once we move into Fall/Winter. I doubt she will end up pushing anymore singles from the standard album atp though. If we get another single it will be from the deluxe whenever that is going to be released. Title track will be the everytime of ES - a strong album track that should have been a single. Ever since Sweetener she always has that one missed single opportunity that ends up showing itself in recurrent streams (everytime, needy, motive...) lol. 

Getting way ahead of myself but I'm interested what direction she will go for with AG8. I think she needs to take more creative risks. I love ES but it's very much still in her comfort zone. Want more of her low range and darker tone showcased. The low notes in IFY make me want more of that. 

Supernatural would work well on the radio what are you on ... The boy is mine despite following the urban vibe of TUN and Positions is failing miserably ...espresso and please please please are hits in the US so supernatural would work well too. Pop radio is keeping her alive.

Edited by kayliah

10 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Supernatural would work well on the radio what are you on ... The boy is mine despite following the urban vibe of TUN and Positions is failing miserably ...espresso and please please please are hits in the US so supernatural would work well too. Pop radio is keeping her alive.

I'm referring to streaming mostly. Her U.S streams this album are underperforming compared to Positions probably due to the singles on ES not resonating as much with the U.S audience. Same with radio. Positions performed better on both metrics in the U.S. I don't think TBIM flopping on radio is because of it being urban leaning. Post album singles are disadvantaged in the streaming era and it seems like radio doesn't support her as much as they did before. TBIM was smashing on streaming during album release. They missed the timing for it. 

Exactly with songs like PPP and Espresso smashing on both metrics and sticking around, there is a lot of competition in that genre right now. Ariana stands out because she fills the r&b/pop/hip-hop niche which the U.S audiences historically respond to more than her pop-ier leaning stuff, initially at least. 

Wcbf is performing good at least

But yeah, her team only cares about the makeup line and the movie... 

So much potential :/

The real gag is if it can do (at least) 100(+) WOC. But atm it would just be great if it does like 60 WOC. How is this performing on BB 200 as compared to Positions or any other of her albums?

22 WOC and nearly out of the top 50.

this being her worst perfoming album on bb200 after yours truly is so sad to see :rip:

we could really use VMAs or literally anything to keep this going  :giraffe:

5 hours ago, cityfolk said:

we could really use VMAs or literally anything to keep this going  :giraffe:

She keeps posting about it, maybe she's attending and performing?

17 hours ago, ariananext said:

She keeps posting about it, maybe she's attending and performing?

I think she's definitely attending, the mv for WCBF seems to be all she cares about this era, she's also probably gonna be there as way to promote Wicked, watch her and Cynthia going with her usual pink/green outfits:kitty:

Edited by Gerardo
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.