yes and? to sample Madonna's Vogue

favorite crime

38 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

not 'break my soul' tanking :deadbanana: who is this bottom and why is he unnecessarily bringin bey into this

show some class and quote me next time.  I am 41 yo top so act your place....

• Haha 10

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop Music Aussie

• Communion

• Big Bad Wolf

• ovogrande

Dr. Alexander

It doesn’t sample “Vogue”. My source is the same source he got his information from…

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

SCREAM

1 hour ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Thats such an outdated "American" way of thinking. Just not mince words , he is basically saying another that sounds "gay" will not do well in America. 

Well dance songs do better in Europe than the us

2 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It doesn’t sample “Vogue”. My source is the same source he got his information from…

They just heard the slightest similarity and assumed it was a sample smh

3 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Strike A Pose Gay GIF by Alex Bedder

Imagine her rapping the name of famous homewreckers :clownny:

Elizabeth Taylor and Parker

Angie and LeAnn Rimes

Tiger Woods and Russel Crows

1sfh.gif

Don't just stay with her, let's go cheating

Strike the divorce, there's nothing to it.

1sfh.gif

Edited by Bencharmer
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Great808 said:

Ari can’t pull off the House vibes at this point of consistently releasing Trap/R&B songs

....do you.. think house music isn't influenced by r&b? :smiley: Do some of you think she's going to be serving Bebe Rexha x David Guetta EDM tropical house? :smiley:

The kii if y'all are expecting Into You 5.0 and Ariana comes up on the screen with a little blonde shake and go wig to recreate this down to the T:

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

i don't mind sampling (not the way ava does it or the cry for you rip off by xcx) BUT we just had vogue in the queens remix of break my soul :doc: 

she has also sampled it in Holy Water :shutup:

And I Don't Search I Find. 

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

....do you.. think house music isn't influenced by r&b? :smiley: Do some of you think she's going to be serving Bebe Rexha x David Guetta EDM tropical house? :smiley:

The kii if y'all are expecting Into You 5.0 and Ariana comes up on the screen with a little blonde shake and go wig to recreate this down to the T:

You lost me when you called that Bebe/David song TROPICAL House sis. 

19 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

yeah he really is... 

What are some recent dance pop smashes in the US? 

19 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

liyahsphoenix-nene.gif 

I doubt it's a sample tbh. since insiders said it sounds like Vogue, especially during the bridge, I'm guessing she pulls the same delivery as Madge there

yall clearly dont know Ariana if you think she's gonna release some Ava Minaj'd sample mess :deadbanana2:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Saint James said:

yall clearly dont know Ariana if you think she's gonna release some Ava Minaj'd sample mess :deadbanana2:

Well she has done music similarly to what Ava has released on My Everything but that’s like a different Ariana at this point 

15 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

What are some recent dance pop smashes in the US? 

Im Good (blue) 

Rush

Dance The Night 

Etc. 

7 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Im Good (blue) 

Rush

Dance The Night 

Etc. 

Oh, tea. 

Rush bombed on the Hot 100 though…

But I think Ariana is big enough to where this isn’t much of an issue if the song is good.

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Someone on PopJustice said it's only the bridge basically mimicking the talk-rapping like the original. 

And we already know she was toying around with the idea of doing a rap like Vogue because her scrapped 3rd verse from Motive (which was basically her telling Murda "let's do something KUNTY") basically does that:

It’s kinda cool how you can see this delivery ended up on West Side.

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 1

Madonna's best song

Can't wait

1sfh.gif

Spoiler

I even liked Babylon

2 hours ago, nathanspears said:

So... are we going to drag Ariana for the sample mania as well if it's true? :deadbanana4:

Depends on how transformative it is. When people hear I'm Good (Blue) they just want to relisten the original. Even in Europe where radio eats those songs up the sentiment is generally the same. People know it's lazy work.

On the other hand Beyonce samples constantly and has been mocked for her incredibly long album credits but when you hear the music it sounds new, it's not just a cover with a new verse.

I think 7 Rings is somewhere in the middle. I imagine her new song will probably be like that too :devil:

Edited by Illuminati
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Depends on how transformative it is. When people hear I'm Good (Blue) they just want to relisten the original. Even in Europe where radio eats those songs up the sentiment is generally the same. People know it's lazy work.

On the other hand Beyonce samples constantly and has been mocked for her incredibly long album credits but when you hear the music it sounds new, it's not just a cover with a new verse.

Couldn't have said it better. Sampling should not be automatically discriminated especially when it's done creatively.

And ATRLers say Madonna has no impact.

didnt beyonce just do this

3 hours ago, Material Girl said:

i’ll wait to hear how it sounds 

or he means exactly what he wrote referring to dance music doing better in europe than here

Madonna’s Vogue was number 1 on Hot100 and number 5 on year end chart

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.