Ariana Grande reveals AG7 album cover

Nashe

People still expecting her to give something interesting visually don't know her, she doesn't care, she's always done the bare minimum and the simplest things when it comes to artworks and visuals in general

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nashe

• mxoonlight

• wxvii

• BoDaToe

It's not that bad, as long as the music is good

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

While, sure, it's not "serving" like she could have, I do think there's more to it and some of you don't seem to recognize the layers of meaning. By framing it around only part of her face, she's clearly critiquing the way in which the media (and pop music fandom) draws conclusions about her based on fragmented and incomplete information. Furthermore, by blurring the image slightly, she is engaging in an ethics of obfuscation that simultaneously reflects her (well-documented and acknowledged) struggles with self-perception and the frequent allusions to racial ambiguity weaponized by fandoms. Her direct—though myopic—gaze at the viewer demands a recalibration of the voyeuristic nature of consumer culture in which the artist is on display for the audience; she reverses this paradigm via a praxis of direct, confrontational sightline. Finally, the bright red lips evoke stereotypical and canonical images of women who harness sexual power, subtly referencing how audiences have critiqued how she has harnessed sexuality throughout her career, vis-à-vis both her music and her personal life. But that was just my first thought when I saw it so idk.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

It’s giving C**k Destroyers (RIP)

literally her 'Kiss Me Once'...but worse..

Kylie_Minogue_-_Kiss_Me_Once_(Official_A

What an awful cover :dies:

sorry but that cover is kinda boring

I actually like the tuna and Positions covers so I don't get the slander towards them :celestial5:

• Thanks 2

Looks like she took that photo after saying, "Quick take the photo before your wife gets home!!!"

• Haha 8

She's so shît at album covers 

Edited by SapphireSky

Idk i like it i feel it’ll age better overtime & very much tumblr vibes (which i live for)

Her visuals are consistently super lazy but issa mood issa vibe as she says :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

People say she really works fast and that's because she does the absolute least it would appear. :rip:

To go from her movie role straight to writing, recording, producing, mixing, mastering, etc. ON TOP OF planning and designing an album campaign with visuals, MVs, etc all in a matter of a few months. :stare:

No wonder her efforts recently have been so lackluster and boring, she barely puts any effort just the same tired trap beats and yuh yuhs.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

If we bullied her to change the Yours Truly cover, we can do it again

1br1hUl.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I thought this was the cover for the single? :gaycat6:

Giving Walmart-Kiss Me Once

35 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

While, sure, it's not "serving" like she could have, I do think there's more to it and some of you don't seem to recognize the layers of meaning. By framing it around only part of her face, she's clearly critiquing the way in which the media (and pop music fandom) draws conclusions about her based on fragmented and incomplete information. Furthermore, by blurring the image slightly, she is engaging in an ethics of obfuscation that simultaneously reflects her (well-documented and acknowledged) struggles with self-perception and the frequent allusions to racial ambiguity weaponized by fandoms. Her direct—though myopic—gaze at the viewer demands a recalibration of the voyeuristic nature of consumer culture in which the artist is on display for the audience; she reverses this paradigm via a praxis of direct, confrontational sightline. Finally, the bright red lips evoke stereotypical and canonical images of women who harness sexual power, subtly referencing how audiences have critiqued how she has harnessed sexuality throughout her career, vis-à-vis both her music and her personal life. But that was just my first thought when I saw it so idk.

This is a lot for a blurry photo of her eye 

• Like 1

This cover is the worst of her career I hope she changes it 

This cover is boring

• Like 1

BORING

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

People say she really works fast and that's because she does the absolute least it would appear. :rip:

To go from her movie role straight to writing, recording, producing, mixing, mastering, etc. ON TOP OF planning and designing an album campaign with visuals, MVs, etc all in a matter of a few months. :stare:

No wonder her efforts recently have been so lackluster and boring, she barely puts any effort just the same tired trap beats and yuh yuhs.

Let's not act like she doesn't have a huge team around her

41 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

this @swissman serve :celestial5:

• Haha 2

HEAVYONIT

I - :biblio:

HEAVYONIT

At least add the face 5x and airbrush it/add ugly effects like

Kelly_Clarkson_-_Piece_by_Piece_(Officia

• Haha 3

she must be saving the best album cover for the physicals and vinyls :chick1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.