Jo Koy jokes about Taylor during Golden Globes monologue, Taylor unamused

Diesel is Desire

12 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I have seen the video version and I didn’t detect any bitterness.  Taylor should just lighten up.  What does a billionaire care if someone jokes about her at an award show anyway?  She’s still good. 

again, it was just a bad joke that no one laughed. why are you so invested in it? 

• Like 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rep2000

• Rebecca

• Badgalbriel

• GoatGly

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, why was she even there, she can’t act, can’t sing. It is time to dismantle this mediocrity :thing:

Second, he did not lie. She’s out here flying out every other weekend on her little private jet destroying the earth just to live out her 14 year old freshmen girl with a crush on a senior boy fantasy. Like baby you are pushing 40 years old, act like it and stay home and watch the game on television like millions of other Americans. :thing:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Thumbs Down 10

her fragility is something else. everything is fun until you talk about ME!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

So not only did all social media think that joke didn't land at all, but Joy Koy himself admits that it was a flat one:

When asked if there were any Globes moments that he felt bad about, Koy told “GMA 3”: “I think it was when the Taylor [Swift] one was just a little flat…It was a weird joke, I guess. But it was more on the NFL…I was trying to make fun of the NFL using cutaways and how the Globes didn’t have to do that. So it was more of a jab toward the NFL. But it just didn’t come out that way.

Variety

And yet some ATRLers will keep holding it against Taylor that she didn't laugh along to a joke that everyone outside of this site, including the comedian himself, agrees did not work at all. :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Yeah, I love Taylor and I hate this guy without even knowing him. But the good sis can lighten up a bit.

It's not even a dig but Taylor is bad at jokes in general, whether telling or receiving. A sarcastic smile might have been a normal response.

the host getting universally panned across different fandoms for being unfunny but taylor not giving it air is somehow the problem 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

i hate her but why does she always have to be the butt of the joke 

She's the biggest celebrity on earth rn and was attending. tbh if I were her, I'd be mentally prepared for a joke to be thrown at my expense at least once a show. She's gonna have to accept this.

This is like if MJ, Bey, Madonna or Gaga attended - best believe they're getting a joke thrown their way. They're just too big of names. Gaga had a "100 people in a room" joke a couple years ago.

17 hours ago, YellowRibbon said:

Trashy a*s joke and trashy a*s users downplaying this because she's not the perfect victim they want her to be.

This host is terrible at delivery and just gave bad energy but the joke isn't trashy. In fact, it's true. She is constantly panned to anywhere she goes, whether an award show or a game. It's a fact. The joke would've been funny had it been told by someone better.

Reminder that she said Tina Fey & Amy Poehler deserve to go to hell for joking about her at this same show a decade ago. :rip: pls.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

i hate her but why does she always have to be the butt of the joke 

all big stars, both past and present have been the butt of jokes before, especially at the peak of their fame. Some have gotten it much worse than Taylor will ever get it and if I have to tell you who, you don't know pop culture history lol.

this "joke" wasn't even scathing, just poor and unfunny delivery. her reaction will probably be gif'd to death lol

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

The most harmful joke of all times….Taylor is annoying. Take a joke sis.  It’s not like she didn’t know she was getting soooo much attention, she even plays into it! 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

the people who are now saying she should "take a joke" and "lighten up" are the same who would scream "fake *****" if she had played along 

flavor-of-love-new-york.gif  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Chelsea handler dodged a bullet thank goodness 

The joke was not funny, in particular because of the delivery, but it was not offensive. It's not that deep. 

The Barbie joke is what really buried him and was actually offensive in particular because he spent the prior minute praising Oppenheimer. 

Edited by Life Savers

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

The entire audience was not the subject of the joke.  The joke wasn’t funny.  No one is suggesting Taylor should have burst into a fit of laughter.  I am just saying her response came across as stiff/bitter, and isn’t a good look for her.  

Luckily what an ATRL dupe member thinks “isn’t a good look for her” literally does not matter one single bit.

OT: Six pages over…this? Her power over some of you is just incredible. :clap3:She didn’t even look offended, she just look unamused, and I’d imagine that has to do with the comedian being unfunny and not a single joke landing all night. It seems as though literally everyone else except the same tired OTHs on here agree, so make of that what you will. 

The pages upon pages over a non-reaction. Maybe ATRL needs to lighten up?

Oh look! Several other celebs who also "can't take a joke":

Bet nobody in here would go tell Robert De Niro, Ryan Gosling or RDJ to "lighten up" or "smile more", do they?

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 1

I’m convinced yall seek misery. Everything has to be controversy and misogyny. Grow up. Learn to laugh and stop taking everything so seriously. This happens every year. Maybe they should stop the introduction jokes all together and make the show mundane just like all the winning speeches. 

• Haha 1

How tf did a former Chelsea Lately writer end up hosting the golden globes? Hollywood is really dead huh?

I promise y’all that if the joke had been funny that Taylor would have laughed, it just was just a plainfully delivered joke that nobody around her is even laughing it.

BrandNewBrandon

Looks like bad acting. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.