Do you think "yes and" will be like thank u next but adressing homewrecking instead ?

Kayseri Mantisi

Do you think the song will be about homewrecker allegations ?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the song will be about homewrecker allegations ?

• Yes, the song will address the homewrecker allegations and will go viral
    • No, the song will be unrelated to it

lol it’s gonna be about her weight loss and her newfound unprettyness 

• Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, pika said:

Yeah, no. I’m aware Ariana stans try to always put her disastrous acts in a positive light (notice how things went from “We don’t know the full details, STOP blaming women. She didn’t homewreck anything.’ to ‘She did what she did, so what? Her ***** era is here’ from a simple song title drop), but nobody with a semi functioning brain will buy it.

You don’t go from ‘healing and hurting’ to sprinting towards Max Martin the second an ex passes to sing about it. She somehow tricked the public and got away with it, but no, she’s always been an opportunist since she barely has anything of worth to say as an artist (and yet again, she’s doing it now).

Ariana is an artist which means she can talk about her past relationships whether you like or not.  There’s nothing problematic about it. She didn’t steal your man relax :penguin:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

lol it’s gonna be about her weight loss and her newfound unprettyness 

This would be a good move for her.  Relatability is the big thing these days (look at Taylor Swift, despite looking like a Barbie Doll, her fans think she’s a girl next door type whom they might one day befriend).  Ariana should definitely go for this angle.  It makes her look good and has mass appeal.  

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Max Martin didnt even produce TUN??? Why can't some of yall be NORMAL? NURSE!!!! :redface:

The most you got from that is ‘the producer was THIS instead!!!!’ :rip: yeah, you should definitely stick to silly political threads and posting demographic trends. The Ariana stanning comes off half-assed.

Anyways, she’s historically been a low fruiting hanging, media cycle chaser. She’s beaming with joy to yet again make a spectacle of things she shouldn’t - super lame given her age at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

27 minutes ago, mxoonlight said:

Like categorically every year since her hiatus you’ve found a new reason to justify your hatred for her

Did you mean y'all instead of your? Because I like Ariana's music and this is her first comeback since I joined ATRL :rip: Or maybe you're mixing me with someone else.

She should leave the homewrecking allegations alone.. it will only get her dragged 

11 minutes ago, pika said:

The most you got from that is ‘the producer was THIS instead!!!!’ :rip: yeah, you should definitely stick to silly political threads and posting demographic trends. The Ariana stanning comes off half-assed.

Anyways, she’s historically been a low fruiting hanging, media cycle chaser. She’s beaming with joy to yet again make a spectacle of things she shouldn’t - super lame given her age at this point.

Stop speculating on things you absolutely have no idea about lmao. If their stanning is coming across as “half assed” your blatant need to be right in your own pre meditated hateful opinion is also half assed. “Beaming with joy to yet again make a spectacle of something she shouldn’t” is ridiculous. This song could be about her dog for all we know we truly have no idea of its contents. Also, most artists grieve through their art I hardly think Ariana should be held to any different standard when it comes to thank u next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Maybe it'll give us her "Unfaithful" 

17 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Did you mean y'all instead of your? Because I like Ariana's music and this is her first comeback since I joined ATRL :rip: Or maybe you're mixing me with someone else.

I’m speaking generally not @‘ing you!

She is not going to be saying "yes, and?" to stealing men. :rip: This entire conversation is serving the same reactions to thank u, next's announcement when people thought she was gonna be mocking Mac/Pete. Bffr. 

Idk I'm expecting a Piece of Me/Do What U Want/Blank Space kind of classic about the media/people nitpicking about her weight/physical appearance, her marriage, her life in general, etc.

But yes the title is a smart move to make people think that's what the song is about.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, pika said:

The most you got from that is ‘the producer was THIS instead!!!!’ :rip:

Yes, that you don't even know who she was in the studio with means you're just as uninformed when spouting nonsense about "running into the studio".

1) Ariana has always recorded her next album the moment she releases the previous one.

Yours Truly released: 08/30/13

Recording for My Everything started: October 2013

My Everything released: 08/25/14

Recording for Dangerous Woman started: 08/01/14 (!)

Dangerous Woman released: 05/20/16

Recording for Sweetener started: 06/03/16

Pop Wansel confirmed he was booked for studio sessions with her starting 10/01/18 before Sweetener even came out 

2) These sessions literally didn't almost happen, as confirmed in the Rolling Stone article about the album being made by people like Pop Wansel and Jameel Roberts. To quote Jameel, who later would describe sitting at a piano with Ariana and Muni Long while Ariana cried on his shoulder, while writing Imagine:

This is all the more remarkable considering that Thank U, Next almost didn’t happen. Following the tragic death of Grande’s ex-boyfriend, the rapper Mac Miller, in September 2018, “there was a point where Ariana didn’t want to do anything,” Monét says. The songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Jameel Roberts was scheduled to go into the studio with Grande to work on the Sweetener follow-up. “When we heard that [Miller died] we weren’t sure those sessions were gonna still be on,” he says.

“She wasn’t gonna tour,” Monét acknowledges. “It was like, ‘the next few months are cancelled, this is really hard for me, I don’t wanna move.'”

And that she was only convinced to go ahead with the NYC recording sessions with her friends Tommy, Victoria and others offering to fly out and spend time with her. 

These sessions are where thank u, next would be written. We literally have the entire protool sessions for the song and the dates bounces were made.

It's *insane* for someone who stans Miley Cyrus of all people and the constant thread Liam has been in her music to pretend to not get how music is personal for artists.

She was writing thank u, next in such real time that we literally having varying demos where the lines about marrying Pete changed day by day:

Demo 1 - Recorded 10/04/18 -
"Wish I could say thank you to Malcolm" ~ "Still wish I could have fixed Malcolm"
"One taught me pain, now I'm so amazing" ~ "One taught me pain, but he was amazing"
"Spend more time with my friends" ~ "Now I'm living with friends"

Demo 2 - Recorded 10/06/18 -
*original lyrics from Demo 1 updated to the lyrics in the eventual final version*
"Even almost got married" ~ "Now I'm about to get married"
"Spend more time with my friends" ~ "Plus I made a new friend"
"Plus, I met someone else, we're havin' better discussions" ~ "When it's just me and her, we have the realest discussions"
"One day I'll walk down the aisle" ~ "Bout to walk down the aisle"
"Gon' make that **** last" ~ "I'm making it last"

No one said you have to be a fan of Ariana nor think her music is good, but to be so insane that your only reaction to someone coming to terms with their long-time boyfriend and close friend DYING of an overdose - especially when everyone in said person's life cite HER as the driving force behind his sobriety - is... mockery and suspicion?

Let me repeat myself: NURSE!!! :redface:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

i dont think it is since yes and can be open to so many positive interpretations but either way people will be perched to find out :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Max Martin didnt even produce TUN??? Why can't some of yall be NORMAL? NURSE!!!! :redface:

This is such a kii!

Isnt the only Max Martin produced song on TUN literally Breakup with your girlfriend, I’m bored.

A song about being a homewrecker. The jokes write themselves :coffee: 

yeah sure she would address that :rip:

it's probably just about her adding another ex to her list (first ex-husband), dating someone new again, minding her biz and loving herself

she knows well enough not to make a song about being a homewrecker...i feel the song is gonna address more how people have been talking about her looks and health..maybe in the vein of this classic 

i hope not. i don't think the situation needs 'addressing'. ariana, ethan and his ex are all adults. ethan is grown and can make decisions for himself. if he decided to leave his wife for ariana that's on him and he has every right to do so. 

this whole 'controversy' is so boring outside of the spongebob memes. we don't actually know any of these people and what their relationships are like, there's no reason to write think pieces online about how ariana is the worst person in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Ariana is a white woman the public don't care

The mainstream public didn’t care about Alicia keys either. 

1 hour ago, Selena’s Bad Liar said:

This is such a kii!

Isnt the only Max Martin produced song on TUN literally Breakup with your girlfriend, I’m bored.

A song about being a homewrecker. The jokes write themselves :coffee: 

His name is on bad idea too and if you listen to the lyrics, they were trying to tell us something with these two songs 

I trust her to be smart enough to milk this escandalo :clap3: 

I don't see how making a song minimizing what she did and acting like nothing's wrong would play in her favor

5 hours ago, Devin said:

she prob would get Alicia Key’d. :rip:

Doubt it. Alicia’s biggest hit during The Element of Freedom era peaked at #27 (albeit she stopped receiving significant pop support after the As I Am era). However, with all of that being said, her post homewrecking era will probably still outperform Alicia’s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.