Boeing 737 MAX 9 grounded due to Alaska Air in-flight incident.

umich

The Federal Aviation is ordering the grounding of the model of Boeing plane involved in the Alaska Airlines blowout incident.

The FAA said the planes must be parked until emergency inspections are performed, which will “take around four to eight hours per aircraft.”

The order impacts 171 Boeing 737 MAX 9 jets, the agency approximates.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/alaska-airlines-boeing-01-06-24/index.html

:eek: 

Hopefully this is just a one off, but this plane has obviously been plagued by issues. :rip: 

Boeing needs to really get itself together. 

boeing putting profit over people again

not a good week for boeing and airbus. Boeing is a fraud and have been lying to the FAA. 

Edited by airplane

Isn't this the second time this plane has been grounded :biblio:

1 hour ago, izzy™ said:

Isn't this the second time this plane has been grounded :biblio:

The last time in 2018-19 was the MAX 8, but yea. Luckily there were no injuries on the Alaska Air incident and hopefully it’s just isolated like @Taste of Honey mentioned.

2 hours ago, airplane said:

not a good week for boeing and airbus. Boeing is a fraud and have been lying to the FAA. 

That Boeing doc on Netflix had me sick. Apparently

it was worse when Dennis was CEO at the time those two MAX 8s crashed.

• Like 1

I was buying tickets last night and noticed one of my flights was on Boeing 737 Max 9. Didn't think much of it. Then I wake up to this news in the morning :doc: 

45 minutes ago, umich said:

That Boeing doc on Netflix had me sick. Apparently

it was worse when Dennis was CEO at the time those two MAX 8s crashed.

boeing is desperate. they’ve built a new plane which they’re desperate to certify but the faa is hesitant to do it

41 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

I was buying tickets last night and noticed one of my flights was on Boeing 737 Max 9. Didn't think much of it. Then I wake up to this news in the morning :doc: 

Safe travels

Airbus bigger and better as usual :clap3:

Boeing’s reputation is forever tarnished. They’re gonna have to rebrand bc many people (myself included) are purposefully avoiding flying their aircraft. 

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.