Best Female #1 Single of the 2010's Decade (WINNER REVEALED!)

Kool_Aid_King

Hello not top 20 is a sin i hope all of your faves FLOP

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kool_Aid_King

• naval23

• Vixen Eyes

• Norte

6 hours ago, Ken Lee said:

Wasn't able to watch the reveal so far live. I knew people would hate on Perfect Duet, but be for real it's not that bad of a song to be almost dead last :skull:

Yeah, it's a really good song, and beautiful lyrically. I think this forum just hates Ed Sheeran (which is valid)

• Like 1

Interested to see the top 20. 👀

wtf is hold it against ms still doing here? :biblio:

38 minutes ago, Taemira said:

wtf is hold it against ms still doing here? :biblio:

u are not going to disrespect one of Brit's best songs of the 2010s like that

My bad for the lack of updates! I will try and get one out tomorrow around noon CST! 

• Like 1

20. Hold It Against Me - Britney Spears

Hold-It-Against-Me

Fans: 

11 - @Rev8, @kataraqueen, @eli's_rhythm

10.25 - @selena_lavigne, @Hurem

10 - @naval23

Haters: 

0 - @Taemira

#1 in 2011 for 1  Week.

It's the first release week of 2011 and Britney Spears has just dropped her lead single for her new album. I remember this vividly, it was the same day Jay-Z and Kanye released their lead single "H-A-M" for their collab album, "Watch The Throne". I was really thinking they would take it but iTunes had Britney in a huge lead. The single went on to crash a bunch of sites and give Britney her 4th #1 single and 2nd single to debut at the top. Originally intended for Katy Perry after Bonnie McKee saw her wearing a tight dress, the song was later given to Britney & released early after McKee's demo leaked. Shocking. The song went on to give the Britbots an ego the size of the moon and convinced that Britney "invented" dubstep or at least popularized it :rip:. Personally, I don't like the song. It's annoying, it's generic and it's just bland & frontloaded af. One of the weakest #1s of all time. Till The World Ends was much better imo. Shoutout to the Army for getting Britney in the top 20 though! 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

19. Dark Horse - Katy Perry feat. Juicy J

Dark-Horse

Fans: 

10.25 - @GreatestLoveofAll

10 - Kool_Aid_King, @K$Ellie, @naval23, @Zaynsus, @wish

Haters:

0 - @JoAddams

#1 in 2014 for 4 Weeks. 

In 2013, after the success of "Roar", Katy Perry released two promotional singles for her third (or fourth including "Katy Hudson") album "Prism". Despite loving the house-influenced "Walking on Air", Performing it on SNL and molding it to be the third single, Katy could not refuse the people and had to release Dark Horse as the album's 3rd single. With an Egyptian themed video, this went on to become the most viewed female video EVER on Youtube & DIAMOND (11x Platinum). Inspired by the movie "The Craft", the former Christian singer Katheryn Hudson decided to turn blasphemy and witchcraft into music. The illuminati check was CASHED. I love this damn song. The beat, the everything. She did what she needed to do. I wish it could've been top 10 cause it deserved it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

convinced that Britney "invented" dubstep or at least popularized it :rip:

sis what :rip:

literally publications are saying it

she definitely popularized it, even big dubstep artists were saying it at the time

Anyways, a bit surprised HIAM made it this far

expected Dark Horse to be higher

• Like 1

18. California Gurls - Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg

California-Gurls

Fans: 

11 - @naval23

10.5 - @jacklovesyou1

10.25 - @ninasayers

10 - @X-Dre, @JoAddams, @Almighty Gaga

Haters: 

1 - @Achilles.

0 - @Vixen Eyes

#1 in 2010 for 6  Weeks.

The lead single for Katy Perry's 2nd (or 3rd?) Studio Album "Teenage Dream". Written as a response to "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z & Alicia Keys, Katy wanted to tell the world what California girls were about. She needed a rapper from California, so she calls up Snoop Doggy Dogg. The song proves a success. Going DIAMOND in the US & huge globally too. Fun Fact: This song is note for note copy of Tik Tok. Dr. Luke is really nefarious for that :ahh: The song got a lot of love from you guys! The huge jump from 19-18 is wild, a whole 0.5!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

17. Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Born-This-Way

Fans: 

11 - @Saddy, @Norte, @Hurem, @TMRA

10.75 - @Almighty Gaga, @Taemira

10.5 - @GraceRandolph, @X-Dre

10 - @selena_lavigne, @naval23, @Hey Dude

Haters:

1 - None :gaycat1:

#1 in 2011 for 6 Weeks. 

The egg that hatched that gave us gay rights! Lady Gaga started this era off with a legendary Grammys performance where she famously entered in an egg. This very overt pro-LGBT anthem was the first time we ever got an explicit support in the forms of chart topping hits. Despite sharing an eerily similar melody to "Express Yourself" by Madonna and starting what became one of the most iconic stan wars that still lives on to this day. "Reductive" :siptea:. The Little Monsters really pulled through for their girl in this rate, cause at one point this song was out of the top 30. Personally I wasn't a fan of this song, never was. I much preferred The Edge of Glory & You & I. Fun fact, the song actually features vocals from Tamar Braxton! Everyone say THANK YOU TAMARSUS!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

sis what :rip:

literally publications are saying it

she definitely popularized it, even big dubstep artists were saying it at the time

Anyways, a bit surprised HIAM made it this far

expected Dark Horse to be higher

Well... sorta kinda. Dubstep was already making waves in the pop world and even featured in Rihanna's "Rated R" album. I will give it some credit as it was the first #1 to feature dubstep in the United States. 

Not the 1 2 3 4 punch nnnnn

Rih dominating the rate so far. :clap3:

16. What's My Name - Rihanna feat. Drake

Whats-My-Name

Fans: 

10.75 - @selena_lavigne, @jacklovesyou1

10.5 - @ninasayers 

10.25 - @wish

10 - Kool_Aid_King, @naval23, @Taemira, @Zaynsus

Haters: 

None :kiss:

#1 in 2010 for 1  Week.

Released as the second single from Rihanna's "Loud" album, this was actually the first single to go #1 :rip:. While this had a huge start, it took the lead single "Only Girl (In The World)" a little bit to get on top. Featuring a guest verse from Aubrey Drake Graham, this was unfortunately the start of a very annoying frequent collab turned romance turned breakup turned rekindled romance turned one-sided beef :rip:. The song is great though, definitely one of my favorites. I'm pretty bummed it didn't make top 10 with what's left :weeps: So close to top 15.

15. Bad Guy - Billie Eilish

Bad-Guy

Fans: 

10.75 - @Hurem, @wish

10.5 - @selena_lavigne

10.25 - @kandicha

10 - @K$Ellie, @DTF, @kataraqueen, @Hey Dude

Haters:

1 - @JoAddams

#1 in 2019 for 1 Week. 

I definitely could've sabotaged this one a little more to give Rihanna a couple more placements but I didn't want to rig any votes or results, Y'all better be lucky I'm not like Trump! (or Biden depending on what side of the spectrum you fall on). I want to make a note and say that this is not the official single cover art, but it was used before.. somewhere.. so I' using it :michael:. Released as the FIFTH(?) single to Billie's breakthrough Album of the Year winning debut album. The song went on to become her DIAMOND mainstream debut . Following the 19-week reign of Lil Nasir X & Miley's father's annoying ass Trap-Country song "Old Town Road (Remix)", Billie Eilish was the one to break the streak... for ONE week thank to a remix with Justin Bieber. Now, I never got the hype behind the song. It's cute... but like? Lyrically what the hell is the appeal? Maybe I'm getting old cause y'all definitely loved it clearly and crowned it as the highest song released in the second half of the decade! Good for the big titty queer icon :clap3:.

Not my 11 OUT:rip:

Bad gut making top 15 :rip:

Recency bias is real

25 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

Rih dominating the rate so far. :clap3:

the way she got a song out right after your comment :rip:

31 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

I will give it some credit as it was the first #1 to feature dubstep in the United States. 

You don't have a choice honey s:wan:

14. Diamonds - Rihanna

Diamonds

Fans: 

11 -

10.75 - @X-Dre

10.5 - @TMRA

10 - @K$Ellie, @naval23, @ReachOut, @Norte

Haters: 

2 - @theblackestday

#1 in 2012 for 3  Weeks.

The 2nd time Rihanna released a Ballad as the lead single in her career but this time it worked! I recall when the song came out, not a lot of people liked it. The song was getting a very lukewarm response from everyone coming off the success of the two Calvin songs from "Talk That Talk". But it ended up being a diamond in the rough for Rih and went on to be one of her most iconic hits! Originally intended for Kanye West, Lana Del Rey & even Eminem, they ended up sending the song over to Rihanna who fell in love with the demo... to the point she tried to sound like Sia on it :rip:. I'm honestly surprised this song didn't have any 1s or 0s since it is still kind of polarizing but good for y'all! This is a really good spot for it IMO.   

13. E.T. - Katy Perry feat. Kanye West 

ET

Fans: 

11 - @ChandlerBing, @byzantium

10.5 - @ReachOut

10 - Kool_Aid_King, @Saddy, @theblackestday, @Hurem, @TMRA, @Zaynsus

Haters:

2 - @oshyms

#1 in 2011 for 5 Weeks. 

A nasty ass remix about having sex with an alien. I would've given this my 10.25 if it didn't have Kanye West on it. I think this song is a lot of fun and I remember when it came out, I was obsessed. I didn't even know there was a solo version until I saw the music video and that random part about transcendentalism came out and I was like ???? HUH? The remix is so chaotic, I can't even listen to it anymore... from talking about Shrek, talking about ALIEN SEX :deadbanana2: but it's great in a campy way. This should've gotten her a grammy fr. I'm very sad this song did not make it to the top 10... At one point, the song was in the top 5. but the last 5 rates REALLY kicked her back in :jonny:. Katy is left with ONE song remaining, will it be revealed next update or will she secure a spot in the top 10??? We will see soon.

12. We Found Love - Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris

We-Found-Love

Fans: 

11 - @DTF, @ReachOut

10.75 - @ninasayers

10 - @naval23, @byzantium, @Zaynsus, @wish, @kandicha, @Hey Dude

Haters: 

1 - @K$Ellie, @Norte

#1 in 2011 for 10 Weeks.

Yellow DIAMOND in the light indeed. Rihanna went HARD into the Europop sound. After having a MASSIVE amount of success with "Loud", you would think Rihanna would calm down... and let the current HIT single "Cheers (Drink to That)" succeed... but nope. She wanted TF out of that contract and said I'm dropping my new ****! Initially released as a solo song, Calvin Harris was probably RIOTING and FUMING to where they added his credit VERY shortly after release to ensure he was given proper credit and this wasn't a solo record. Initially given to Nicole Scherzinger & Leona Lewis, Rihanna ended up making this song a hit and anthem. Going #1 for 10 non-consecutive weeks, I remember the Beyhive was in shambles cause we lost our favorite drag about how Rihanna couldn't match Irreplaceable's 10 weeks at #1 :ahh:. The song was very obvious about her tumultuous relationship with Chris Brown.. seeing as the video had a Chris look-a-like in it :toofunny2:. In regards to this rate, I'm very shocked this song didn't win the rate. When I announced I was doing it, I was certain this song was gonna win since everyone on here seems to love it but I guess not :eek:. Rihanna & Katy are tied for losing 3 songs this update! 

11. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

Call-Me-Maybe

Fans: 

11 - @kandicha

10.5 - @kindararenext, @greento

10.25 - @GraceRandolph

10 - @naval23, @ninasayers, @kataraqueen, @theblackestday, @jacklovesyou1, @Achilles.

Haters:

1 - @TMRA

#1 in 2012 for 9 Weeks. 

DIAMOND QUINTESSENTIAL SONG OF THE SUMMER! With a shoutout from fellow Canadian Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen was able to complete a feat (at the time) J.Biebs was unable to.. get a #1 single. This was the song that everyone you know probably at one point was shitting on. NOBODY liked this song, but the charts didn't lie, and time was the ultimate truth teller seeing as though it became one of the biggest and catchiest songs of all time. Good for Miss Carly Rae :clap3:. She made her one (solo) hit count! Fun fact, this song blocked A LOT of songs from going #1. "Payphone" by Maroon 5, "Wide Awake" by Katy Perry & "Lights" by Ellie Goulding. ATRL was NOT happy with her. I'm very sad this didn't make it in the top 10, but I can't complain too hard seeing as though I didn't give it a 10 :toofunny3: 

And here is your top 10!

Kesha - Tik Tok

Rihanna - Rude Boy

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)

Adele - Rolling in The Deep

Adele - Someone Like You

Adele - Set Fire To The Rain

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

Taylor Swift - Blank Space

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

---------------------------------

Adele (3/4)

Rihanna (2/7)

Katy Perry (1/8)

Taylor Swift (1/5)

Ke$ha (1/2)

Miley Cyrus (1/1)

Mariah Carey (1/1)

Britney Spears (0/2)

Lady Gaga (0/2)

Carly Rae Jepsen (0/1)

P!nk (0/2)

Cardi B (0/2)

Ariana Grande (0/2)

Camila Cabello (0/2)

Kelly Clarkson (0/1)

Lorde (0/1)

Iggy Azalea (0/1)

Meghan Trainor (0/1)

Sia (0/1)

Beyonce (0/1)

Halsey (0/1)

Billie Eilish (0/1)

Lizzo (0/1)

Selena Gomez (0/1)

• Confused 1

These results are tragic.

The two worst Riri songs still in

WB has no reasons to be in the top 10 still.

Why is All I want for Xmas still in top? And too many Adele still in. 

2 minutes ago, iamanearthling said:

These results are tragic.

The two worst Riri songs still in

WB has no reasons to be in the top 10 still.

Why is All I want for Xmas still in top? And too many Adele still in. 

Not too much on Rude Boy & Wrecking Ball! 

I agree otherwise. AIWFCIY is a great record, but I don't think it belongs in the top 10 :rip: and I'm pretty irked at SFTTR making it in the top 10, that song is so unspectacular and for sure should've been out in the top 30. 

I guess Tik Tok or Teenage Dream for the win :penguin:

Adele with 3 in the top 10

Truly owned the 2010s

Ew, way too much Adele left.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.