ISIS attacks commemoration ceremony in Iran with bombs - 84 dead

Bosque

The Islamic State claimed responsibility on Thursday for the bombing attack that killed 84 people in Kerman, Iran, on Wednesday, according to a post on the extremist group's official Telegram account.

On Telegram, the group called it a "dual martyrdom operation" and described how two militants approached a commemoration cemerony at the tomb of Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani and detonated explosive belts strapped to their bodies “near the grave of the hypocrite leader,” referring to General Suleimani. The general, a widely revered, and feared, Iranian military and security leader, was assassinated four years ago in an American drone attack.

Speaking during a visit to a hospital that was treating people wounded in the explosions, interior minister Ahmad Vahidi said the death toll might rise again because of the grave condition of some of the injured. A total of 284 were wounded in the attack, including 220 still hospitalized in Kerman.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/04/world/middleeast/us-isis-iran-general-suleimani.html

ISIS = Israeli State 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 20

Cameltoe Chariot

Overall, this has to be the worst escalation of violence in the middle east since 9/11... WWIII is truly knocking on the door :ace:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Dephira said:

On Telegram, the group called it a "dual martyrdom operation"

ISIS is using Telegram to communicate?! Wtf kind of world are we living in :deadbanana2:

Makes sense - ISIS and Israel are long time geopolitical allies. 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 8

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

ISIS is using Telegram to communicate?! Wtf kind of world are we living in :deadbanana2:

Hamas does the same where they brag & post about their own GoPro recorded videos of killed/tortured israelis. Telegram = no good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Makes sense - ISIS and Israel are long time geopolitical allies. 

Isn’t it interesting.

So let me get this straight, ISIS has cells in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Turkey, Yemen, Pakistan, but they can’t strike Israel or Israeli interests, ever?

They’ve attacked Europe, but can’t attack Israel because of geography?

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Isn’t it interesting.

That’s suspicious :celestial5:

• Like 1

ISIS: It was us, we bombed Iran

ATRL’s resident SS members: So here’s how it’s actually Israel

So blinded by their hatred of Israel that they simply ignore the fact that literally everyone else in the Middle East has problems with Iran. But it’s easier to lean into the anti-semitic trope of Jews being all powerful and running everything behind the scenes.

RIP to the victims.

Edited by ZIVERT
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

ISIS: It was us, we bombed Iran

ATRL’s resident SS members: So here’s how it’s actually Israel

So blinded by their hatred of Israel that they simply ignore the fact that literally everyone else in the Middle East has problems with Iran. But it’s easier to lean into the anti-semitic trope of Jews being all powerful and running everything behind the scenes.

RIP to the victims.

Not you sympathizing with ISIS now. Because cheering on Ukrainian SS fighters getting standing ovations in Canadian Parliament wasn’t enough for you :ahh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Not you sympathizing with ISIS now. Because cheering on Ukrainian SS fighters getting standing ovations in Canadian Parliament wasn’t enough for you :ahh: 

There being actual IS-ISrael stans on ATRL now. :deadbanana4:

Excuse my stupidity but isn't Iran an islamic country? Why would ISIS attack them? This **** is so complicated and confusing. Once I think I have a grasp of the mess that is the Middle East, sth like this happens and I'm back to zero.

24 minutes ago, Communion said:

There being actual IS-ISrael stans on ATRL now. :deadbanana4:

Considering the amount of liberals who supported ISIS because they were fighting Assad and Putin in Syria... it doesn't shock me at all :deadbanana4:

The way they celebrated Soleimani's assassination when he fought harder against ISIS than anyone was also extremely telling. :deadbanana4: 

Islamic State spokesman Abu Huthaifa al-Ansari, in a speech published by the terror group’s media arm Al-Furqan on Thursday evening, called on ISIS supporters around the world to attack Jews and avenge the killing by the Israel Defense Forces of Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip.

In a 30-minute recording titled, “And kill them wherever you find them,” Al-Ansari instructed terrorist cells to strike Israeli and Jewish targets across the United States and Europe, including synagogues, Jewish gatherings and Israeli diplomatic missions.

Israel’s biggest ally!! Clearly (((they))) were behind this attack!! :juanny:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Considering you and the rest of the QuranAnon squad on ATRL have spent the last 3 months celebrating Hamas, the Houthis, and Hezbollah in the mega thread, it’s hilariously ironic (and definitely intentional) that you would try to frame my post as defending ISIS. But as they say, every accusation from fascists is just a projection!

ATRL is really giving A Terrorist Reception Lounge these days :skull: 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Considering you and the rest of the QuranAnon squad on ATRL have spent the last 3 months celebrating Hamas, the Houthis, and Hezbollah in the mega thread, it’s hilariously ironic (and definitely intentional) that you would try to frame my post as defending ISIS. But as they say, every accusation from fascists is just a projection!

Everything about this statement is bad faith. Typical of what to expect from you tbh!

Edited by ClashAndBurn
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Everything about this statement is bad faith. Typical of what to expect from you tbh!

Everything you post on this website is in bad faith, just not as long winded and eloquent as your friends :foxaylove:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, katyberry said:

ISIS = Israeli State 

I didn’t know we had Israel defenders on this site

5 hours ago, VOSS said:

Israel’s biggest ally!! 

5 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

Hamas, the Houthis, and Hezbollah

I think you missed one!

8k7jqPc.png

FLk1RTt.png

2PNMXzJ.png

Interesting that Islamists can be democratic fighters if their goal is the toppling of Assad's regime but Hamas don't get the same benefit in their goal of toppling the Israeli regime. 

To quote from above:

22 hours ago, Cyanide said:

That’s suspicious :celestial5:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Excuse my stupidity but isn't Iran an islamic country? Why would ISIS attack them? This **** is so complicated and confusing. Once I think I have a grasp of the mess that is the Middle East, sth like this happens and I'm back to zero.

They’re a perverse Mossad program that operate under the guise of the religion to recruit & further destabilise the region.

As evident by the several ISIS militants captured that were actually Israeli’s operating under “Arab” pseudonyms & the fact that they never attack Israeli interests, in fact, their actions have only gone on to conveniently benefit Israel & other western interests. 

Iran’s intelligence ministry said Thursday it has arrested a group of 10 Islamic State (ISIS) militants, hired by Israel to plan attacks on religious mourning ceremonies during Muharram.

A statement by the ministry said that the arrests took place over the past three days in two locations in western and southern Iran, adding that the 10 were captured in possession of explosives, communication devices and weapons. x

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s public recognition of the risks related to the presence of ISIS fighters at Israel’s borders has not resulted in an active policy of intervention. Indeed, the occasional and relatively minor measures adopted by the Israeli Prime Minister to counter ISIS strongly clash with Israel’s traditional assertiveness when its national security is threatened. This apparent contradiction raises a series of questions that must be answered in order to understand Israel’s present policy. x

Libyan authorities arrested a leader and mosque preacher of the ISIL terrorist group who later confessed to be a Mossad officer.

According to the Libyan authorities, preacher Abu Hafs' real name is Benjamin Efraim, an Israeli national operating in one of Mossad's special units which conduct espionage operations in Arab and Islamic countries.

The Libyan authorities said the Mossad spy has started his career in Libya by leading a 200-member ISIL-affiliated group and moved to Benghazi in disguise as a preacher.

According to them, Abu Hafs had attempted to infiltrate Egypt, adding that the group, under his command, is among the most barbaric terrorist groups which had threatened to export war to Egypt. x

Edited by FOCK
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Not several users unironically going with the “everything bad done by ISIS was actually done by secret Israeli agents” line of thinking :rip: when social media consumption goes too far

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

Exactly. 👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Sunnis and Shias are two sects of Islam who have a distaste for each other. ISIS is an extremist Sunni group while Iran is ran by a Shiite government. Shiites and Sunnis have been fighting for centuries now, and that's also a massive factor in the ongoing rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran. You can easily find more well-documented historical facts about this religious conflict without resorting to conspiracy theories to make sense of anything that doesn't fit your personal agenda, like certain users are already doing in this thread. :matty:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

conspiracy theories

*writes in detail acknowledging that two countries being of the same broad religion does not automatically make them geopolitical allies*

*claims it's a conspiracy theory to acknowledge that Saudi Arabia, the biggest exporter of Islamic extremism, and Israel are geopolitical allies*

"Israel can't support Islamic extremism.. it's Jewish!" is serving "the US can't prop up the very Islamic extremism it claims to be fighting!!".

Such a wide conspiracy theory that it finds itself repeated by *checks notes* the Democrat-held Brookings Institute! 

GD0l3SB.png

Israel values its covert contacts with the Saudis but craves public recognition as the path to ending its isolation in the Islamic world. Yet it overestimates Riyadh’s clout. Several Muslim countries would not follow the Saudis’ lead on normalization of relations with Israel: Algeria (the largest Arab and African country), Iraq (which just recently criminalized any contact with Israel), and Pakistan (the only Muslim state with nuclear weapons). But the Israelis still chase the Saudis.

Clandestine cooperation between the Saudis and Israelis dates to the early 1960s, when both supported the Royalists in Yemen against the Egyptian and Soviet-backed Republican government in Sana’a. Their intelligence services coordinated the delivery of weapons and expertise to the Royalists, who were based in Saudi Arabia. The chiefs of the Mossad and Saudi intelligence met at the Dorchester Hotel in London on one occasion. The 1993 Oslo agreement facilitated more behind-the-scenes contacts.

Iran and its allies like Hezbollah and the Houthis now form the common foe. Saudi Arabia’s Gulf allies 
Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates recognized Israel in 2020, largely to get the Saudis’ support against Iran. The Saudis have allowed direct flights from Tel Aviv to Manama, Abu Dhabi and Dubai crossing over their territory.

The multi-faith axis of exporting religious terrorism around the world:

1200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png Flag-Israel.jpg 800px-Flag_of_Saudi_Arabia.svg.png

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

8 hours ago, Riverbank said:

Sunnis and Shias are two sects of Islam who have a distaste for each other. ISIS is an extremist Sunni group while Iran is ran by a Shiite government. Shiites and Sunnis have been fighting for centuries now, and that's also a massive factor in the ongoing rivalry between Saudi Arabia and Iran. You can easily find more well-documented historical facts about this religious conflict without resorting to conspiracy theories to make sense of anything that doesn't fit your personal agenda, like certain users are already doing in this thread. :matty:

ISIS is basically at war with every Muslim country right now tbh including Sunni ones like Afghanistan's Taliban government. They want to be the ones running everything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.