2024-2025 Awards Season

Almodusa

Lee now has 95% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes :jonny:

I know Queen won't get nominated, but this is truly a surprise that it is a hit among audiences :jonny5:

Perhaps Queen should choose better acclaimed and GP-friendly project next time for second BA win :jonny5:

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donquizote

• EnigmaticAndroid

• Almodusa

• fridayteenage

since her breakout, all of kate's movies with a 75+ on Metacritic got her an acting nom

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

since her breakout, all of kate's movies with a 75+ on Metacritic got her an acting nom

I could see her maybe making Globes & BAFTA but her run ending there. 

• Like 1

I'm so excited seeing Zoe in the race this year!  I've always loved her and found her really underrated.  Glad she's finally getting recognized for her talent :clap3: 

Would love something for Willa Fitzgerald too.  Haven't seen Strange Darling yet but she deserves for the phenomenal work she did in Fall of the House of Usher :duca: 

• Like 1

Well don't count the Oscar marketing campaign dead for J2. Variety is def sold to their case (hoping they'll get an actor on actors with LG to boost their engagement and reach) and is doing post-hate damage control (same for Deadline which until today was very tame on the BO prospects being reduced every projections). 

Edited by ctlp27

just saw The Substance and Demi slayed so hard. aside from the Academy being allergic to horror films, i think the fact that her character was played by another actress for half the film might hinder her chances though. 

Spoiler

i got chills during the Walk of Fame scene at the end :clap3:

• Like 2

List of contenders for BEST ORIGINAL SONG:

-Babygirl - "Leash"
-Better Man - "Forbidden Road"
-Between The Temples - "A Country Dance"
-Blitz - "Winter Coat"
-Challengers - "Compress/Regress"
-Despicable Me 4 - "Double Life"
-Didi - "Stop Talking"
-Elton John: Never That Way - "Never That Way"
-Emilia Perez - "Mi Camino"
-Emilia Perez - "El Mal"
-The Idea of You - "The Idea of You"
-I Saw the TV Glow - "Claw Machine"
-I Saw the TV Glow - "Starburned and Unkissed"
-Joker: Folie a Deux - "Folie a Deux"
-The Last Showgirl - "Beautiful That Way"
-Moana 2 - "We're Back"
-Mufasa: The Lion King - "I Always Wanted a Brother"
-Nightbitch - "Summer Blue"
-Problemista - "Huele a Fraude"
-Queer - "Vaster than Empires"
-Sing Sing - "Like a Bird"
-The Six Triple Eight - "The Journey"
-Shirley - "Why I'm Here"
-Transformers One - "If I Want"
-Twisters - "Ain't Not Love in Oklahoma"
-Twisters - "Out of Oklahoma"
-The Wild Robot - "Even When I'm Not"
-The Wild Robot - "Kiss the Sky"
-Will and Harper - "Harper and Will Go West"

Hoping for The Wild Robot double nominations :duca:

The Room Next Door, wow :jonny5:Almodovar did it again! Julianne is fantastic in this but Tilda has the more emotional and showy moments and I do see her as a contender for the final 5 or at least close. The score,  cinematography, and production design were great as well.  An uncanny valley moment at the end I won't spoil either.

• Like 1

Saw The Substance, The Room Next Door, and The Brutalist yesterday. I think Demi's chances are not that high but I'll keep her in my predictions to the bitter end. The movie was amazing :heart2: The Room Next Door felt like a movie directed at middle-aged audiences for me. I can see it being a strong player especially at the Globes. Horrible movie though. 

The Brutalist felt EPIC :jonny5: If they can get people to sit through 3 hours and 35 minutes of it I don't see how it doesn't become the biggest frontrunner. Adrien Brody should be sweeping easily but this movie pretty much deserves everything too. I don't understand how there was a debate for Felicity Jones' category placement at the beginning :rip: 

• Like 2

Saoirse is so real 

Spoiler

for knowing she'll lose yet again

1 hour ago, Liafen said:

Saoirse is so real 

Reveal hidden contents

for knowing she'll lose yet again

How she got 4 nominations in the first place is a mystery to me. Giving Amy Adams vibes

Ronan should have won for Brooklyn though.

Then AMPAS won't owe her anything to nominate her for every role. Giving Amy Adams vibe :suburban:

Btw, just watched His Three Daughters. The fact that everyone is sleeping on this movie :jonny5:Hoping for Olsen and Coon to pop out somewhere. They were sublime.

Honestly I think Saoirse might win for The Outrun. Wouldn't be the first time a khia movie gets a win. Actually nvm Emilia Perez and Anora exist and will be BP contenders. 

On 10/4/2024 at 5:51 PM, Donquizote said:

Gaga will get nominated, but for music methinks.

I think there's an actual outside shot for a GG nomination for Gaga if she campaigns in lead bc the category has a spot. Karla, Mikey, Cynthia Erivo, Demi Moore (?). Am I missing someone? 

2 hours ago, lgaga1fan said:

I think there's an actual outside shot for a GG nomination for Gaga if she campaigns in lead bc the category has a spot. Karla, Mikey, Cynthia Erivo, Demi Moore (?). Am I missing someone? 

And it's good material for jokes. 

I would have also liked for Saoirse to win for Brooklyn (loveeee that very classic movie) and I can't wait to see The Outrun. It's odd to think Stone and Lawrence won before her, but Oscars are always about timing. 

gaga has no shot. a movie like joker needs box office success to get in and the narrative of it being such a disappointment commercially means its dead in the water, even for song i think. the globes do all normie nominations now, they aren't nominating big stars from random panned movies like they used to so i don't see her even getting in there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.