2024-2025 Awards Season

Almodusa

Saw Megalopolis last night, what a train wreck. It felt so dated and antiquated in just about every way possible. I don't know why the man can't write a single line of dialogue that doesn't feel artificial. Sofia, come get your dad. :suburban:

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donquizote

• EnigmaticAndroid

• Almodusa

• fridayteenage

On 9/30/2024 at 12:57 AM, Donquizote said:

Wonder who's going to win "She Deserves New Agent" and "AWFJ Hall of Shame Award" for Alliance of Women Critics Award.

Those categories are always messy :suburban:

When they lashed Greta last year for crossing the picket line :suburban:

21 hours ago, Donquizote said:

:jonny5:Nicole 

Harris Dickinson is so HOT :jonnykin:

I think he is building a very solid resume, hopefully he can keep it up because he's a very good actor.

Anyway, am I crazy for thinking Nosferatu could make a dent in the awards season if it's well-received? This year is SO bare so far they will have no choice but to look outside the box and Robert Eggers is clearly due for some awards attention

• Like 1

I mean what do we have for Lead Actor so far, only Adrien Brody?

Hopefully Richard Gere and Ian McKellen can get their first nomination in a really long time again, even if their movies have rather middling reviews

2 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

Of course not:

Ralph Fiennes - Conclave (he has the best narrative to win)

Colman Domingo - Sing Sing

Timothee Chalamet - A Complete Unknown

Daniel Craig - Queer

Paul Mescal - Gladiator II

John David Washington - The Piano Lesson

Sebastian Stan - A Different Man OR The Apprentice

2 minutes ago, Hector said:

Of course not:

Ralph Fiennes - Conclave (he has the best narrative to win)

Colman Domingo - Sing Sing

Timothee Chalamet - A Complete Unknown

Daniel Craig - Queer

Paul Mescal - Gladiator II

John David Washington - The Piano Lesson

Sebastian Stan - A Different Man OR The Apprentice

Ah yes thanks, I forgot about Fiennes and Domingo. But overall I feel like there's been very little noise from the festivals for possible male contenders

• Like 1

We need to really talk about how Adam Driver went from the next big thing to Oscars and box office poison. His run after Marriage Story is flop after flop after flop. The GP and academy members really said bye to him

giphy.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Can Lady Gaga still be nominated for an Oscar? I'm concerned she might get snubbed :dancehall:

5 minutes ago, ctlp27 said:

I have no faith in Scott anymore to deliver something award worthy for Mescal. As said above on paper Fiennes has the best narrative.

Yeah. If Cruise and Robbie couldn't happen with more going for them, I don't see why Mescal would. It probably won't be an awards worthy part and I sorta doubt G2 will be much of a player ATL. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Can Lady Gaga still be nominated for an Oscar? I'm concerned she might get snubbed :dancehall:

I believe the game is over for her.

anyway, Zoe Saldana is 100% winning for the supporting role.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Yes. For acting and song writing.

1 hour ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

I believe the game is over for her.

anyway, Zoe Saldana is 100% winning for the supporting role.

Zoe should go for Lead, I don't think she's winning anything but from what I read she's very much so the lead of the movie (idk if Karla Sofía Gascón can get that lead nom tbh)

3 minutes ago, ctlp27 said:

Zoe should go for Lead, I don't think she's winning anything but from what I read she's very much so the lead of the movie (idk if Karla Sofía Gascón can get that lead nom tbh)

Zoe has my favorite performance in the movie but Karla is the titular character and the movie does center more around her than anyone else. 

From what I've heard Salanda is serving The Favourite levels of category fraud :eli: excited to see the screentime numbers

• Like 1

Just saw JFAD.

Weirdly I like it :suburban:

Maybe because I love musical. Yes, I agree Gaga was underused. It might flop at box office, but I think Gaga still has a chance for nomination in score, original song which is a shame because she was so good and sublime as Harley.

Selena will be GG+SAG, but snubbed at the end.

There'll be surprise nominee like Kathy Bates methinks :suburban:

7 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Hopefully Richard Gere and Ian McKellen can get their first nomination in a really long time again, even if their movies have rather middling reviews

they love to ignore gere even whilst nominated his female co-lead

officer and a gentleman

pretty woman

unfaithful

chicago

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I'm sure you're very concerned Kit Kat :ryan:

Finally saw The Substance :jonny5:

The way it should be getting nominations for Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actress, Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay, Editing, Sound, Cinematography, Production Design, Costumes, and Makeup but will almost surely get zilch :jonny5:

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.