2024-2025 Awards Season

Almodusa

Rooting for Elle Fanning to get her first Oscar nomination for that Dylan movie :duca:

Her role is baity and if the movie is well received, she might coattail for that Supporting Actress nomination :duca:

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donquizote

• EnigmaticAndroid

• Almodusa

• fridayteenage

Rooting for Elle Fanning to get her first Oscar nomination for that Dylan movie :duca:

Her role is baity and if the movie is well received, she might coattail for that Supporting Actress nomination :duca:

Elle is definitely not getting a nomination considering she's playing a fictionalized version of Suze Rotolo of all randoms. 

I can see Ed Norton sneaking in for his performance as Pete Seeger. He was giving the best performance in the trailer :eli:

40 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Time to kick the oscar campaign in overdrive

:jonny5:Humanitarian Legend Jolie ticks all the boxes to win Best Actress this year.

Insert the "Me applying for Harvard with a 1.5 GPA" or how does that meme go

• Haha 2

Natasha has the best chance though Carrie had my favorite performance in the movie though all 3 were really good. Don't see this movie making a dent this season outside the Gotham or Independent Spirit Awards. 

20 minutes ago, Hector said:

Natasha has the best chance though Carrie had my favorite performance in the movie though all 3 were really good. Don't see this movie making a dent this season outside the Gotham or Independent Spirit Awards. 

I think it could do well at SAG. It's Netflix, got an early release, and feels like total actor bait. 

Ngl I'm actually sorta buying Sursha winning for The Outrun now :rip:

Mikey and Karla feel like very beatable competition and I don't see why Anjie would win if Natalie and Kristen couldn't, especially with her having clearly weaker reviews in the weakest film of the trilogy. There's runway for Ronan to go ahead and pull a Still Alice. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Mikey and Karla feel like very beatable competition and I don't see why Anjie would win if Natalie and Kristen couldn't, especially with her having clearly weaker reviews in the weakest film of the trilogy. There's runway for Ronan to go ahead and pull a Still Alice. 

Idk why people are doubting this movie, calling it too small etc. Her winning narrative is way stronger than Mikey and more plausible than Karla. Angie's movie is supposedly a mess (as the trailer reveals kii), Amy is over, Nicole's movie is 50 Shades-esque... the path is clear. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

Idk why people are doubting this movie, calling it too small etc. Her winning narrative is way stronger than Mikey and more plausible than Karla. Angie's movie is supposedly a mess (as the trailer reveals kii), Amy is over, Nicole's movie is 50 Shades-esque... the path is clear. 

Yup. I was a big doubter of it early in the year, but that was also before damn near everything flopped and the field experienced a mass exodus. :rip:

6 hours ago, Almodusa said:

OUT of the race!

that was stupid, it killed whatever momentum the movie had from TIFF, they were guaranteed BP+Best Adapted Screenplay noms in a weak year. Next year it'll be forgotten in a crowded year

9 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I think the fear is that it makes, like, two dollars a la Ammonite or On Chesil Beach

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I think main concern for her is, she has never been nominated with a non-BP nominee movie. We don't if she is strong enough to carry herself to a win (the nomination seems to be locked) or whether she could carry The Outrun for a BP nomination :michael:

wild robot 80s on metacritic. DreamWorks anmation's movies this century with 80s are Shrek/Wallace and gromit, their only 2 animated wins.

The Wild Robot just debuted with 35M at box office.

With only production budget of 78M, it will end up to make lots of profits :jonny5:

Ms. Batiste coming through with the jazz bawps :gaycat1:

3rd Oscar nom incoming :gaycat1:

The Wild Robot opened with 53M worldwide against production budget of 78M :jonny5:

I know Kate has no chance, but Lee has 93% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes :suburban:

Lee is a perfect example of when a film from a previous year takes too long to come out and loses momentum 

• Like 1

Wonder who's going to win "She Deserves New Agent" and "AWFJ Hall of Shame Award" for Alliance of Women Critics Award.

Those categories are always messy :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.