2024-2025 Awards Season

Almodusa

17 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Amy will remain Oscarless methinks.

If she couldn't win for The Master, she would not win an Oscar ever.

Unless if she decided to star in a very baity Oscar movie that's critically acclaimed.

wendy-williams-wendy.gif

She doesn't deserve one. She has horrible filmography wendy-williams-wendy.gif

Arrival is her only good movie.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donquizote

• Almodusa

• McNulty

• fridayteenage

23 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Thank God acting awards don't award the entire movie then 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Thank God acting awards don't award the entire movie then 

spacer.png

yes thank god for acting awards recognizing hillbilly elegy performances spacer.png

Ready for MaRY to have meltdown again when Amy gets snubbed this year.

This is giving me Arrival dejavu all over again 

wendy-williams-wendy.gif

Film Twitter overestimating the industry love for  Baker. This will be just his 2nd movie in Oscar FYC and he's operating in a niche. Anora will probably be a contender but saying "give him an Oscar" as if he's Nolan or Fincher is foolish

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

This is insane?

Arrival, Her, The Master, The Fighter, Junebug, Catch Me If You Can, Drop Dead Gorgeous (certified camp classic).

Not to mention Sharp Objects

• Like 5

supporting amy has just 1 lead nom, and she's the secondary lead after batman in that

saoirse might have a flop year. the outrun looks boo-ring

16 hours ago, suburbannature said:

This is insane?

Arrival, Her, The Master, The Fighter, Junebug, Catch Me If You Can, Drop Dead Gorgeous (certified camp classic).

Not to mention Sharp Objects

You literally named a movie where she has screentime of 5 minutes, the struggle to name her good projects :suburban:

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, hausofdave said:

Film Twitter overestimating the industry love for  Baker. This will be just his 2nd movie in Oscar FYC and he's operating in a niche. Anora will probably be a contender but saying "give him an Oscar" as if he's Nolan or Fincher is foolish

I'm not particularly bullish on Anora actually winning any Oscars, but I think it's a decent pick as an early frontrunner for Original Screenplay. It seems like a weaker field this year, Anora ticks some boxes in what they tend to go for in Original, and I'd argue that his consistency in making unique, acclaimed films could give him enough retroactive goodwill to win Screenplay. 

What if i said Glenn out-acted Yoon Yeo-jeong in Hillbilly Elegy and should have gotten her second Oscar in a row ?

1506496912-giphy-2.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This gave me chills lmfao

Queen Amy is having her Everywhere at once moment and we love it 

spacer.png

Venice lineup:

Steve McQueen's Blitz,

Luca Guadagnino's Queer,

Pablo Larrain's Maria,

Todd Phillips' Joker: Folie à Deux,

Mike Leigh's Hard Truths,

Walter Salles' I'm Still Here,

Joshua Oppenheimer's The End 

Dea Kulumbegashvili's Those Who Find Me.

:duca:

Apple just released their sizzle reel for the rest of the year and it doesn't feature Blitz at all. :lakitu:

Between this, the murmurs of weak test screenings, the fact it wasn't at Cannes despite being basically confirmed to play there last year, the iffiness of it playing Venice, AND it not having a theatrical distributor yet, I really think it could be this years big underperformer. There's literally no sign of confidence in it.

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:23 PM, Dark Miracles said:

This gave me chills lmfao

I hate the cliché of actors being referred to as chameleons, how they "disappear" into a role in such a way that you "cannot see them anymore on the screen, only the character", because I largely find that to be untrue. Like, no matter how excellent Meryl Streep is, I can take myself out of the suspension of disbelief to see her acting on screen. But Blanchett's Tár is the only character I can think of that is, almost creepily, an entirely different being than Cate herself. Even in short clips like these... I'm not looking at Cate Blanchett acting, but at Lydia Tár. It's scary and I can't really name the exact reason why, but her face completely changed for this part. She doesn't just look different, she is a different person. And they did not resort to prosthetics, the go-to thing for "transformations" which makes this all the more impressive and creepy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Liafen said:

I hate the cliché of actors being referred to as chameleons, how they "disappear" into a role in such a way that you "cannot see them anymore on the screen, only the character", because I largely find that to be untrue. Like, no matter how excellent Meryl Streep is, I can take myself out of the suspension of disbelief to see her acting on screen. But Blanchett's Tár is the only character I can think of that is, almost creepily, an entirely different being than Cate herself. Even in short clips like these... I'm not looking at Cate Blanchett acting, but at Lydia Tár. It's scary and I can't really name the exact reason why, but her face completely changed for this part. She doesn't just look different, she is a different person. And they did not resort to prosthetics, the go-to thing for "transformations" which makes this all the more impressive and creepy

Oh absolutely, very well said. Her face when she steps into the light in this clip seems completely different without doing anything and then she twitches into an orc-like rage in a nanosecond, it's incredible. An acting achievement.

First predictions for Best Actress this year are starting to roll in now:

Amy Adams – Nightbitch (Searchlight Pictures)

Angelina Jolie – Maria (TBA)

Karla Sofía Gascón – Emilia Pérez (Netflix)

Mikey Madison – Anora (NEON)

Tessa Thompson – Hedda (Amazon MGM)

Saoirse Ronan – Blitz (Apple Original Films)

Danielle Deadwyler – The Piano Lesson (Netflix)

Marianne Jean-Baptiste – Hard Truths (Bleecker Street)

Florence Pugh – We Live in Time (A24)

Demi Moore – The Substance (MUBI)

https://awardswatch.com/2025-oscar-predictions-best-actress-june/

You all need to realize that Amy Adams is not that girl, she will never win an oscar.

• Thumbs Down 1

On 6/11/2024 at 5:24 AM, Liafen said:

I hate the cliché of actors being referred to as chameleons, how they "disappear" into a role in such a way that you "cannot see them anymore on the screen, only the character", because I largely find that to be untrue. Like, no matter how excellent Meryl Streep is, I can take myself out of the suspension of disbelief to see her acting on screen. But Blanchett's Tár is the only character I can think of that is, almost creepily, an entirely different being than Cate herself. Even in short clips like these... I'm not looking at Cate Blanchett acting, but at Lydia Tár. It's scary and I can't really name the exact reason why, but her face completely changed for this part. She doesn't just look different, she is a different person. And they did not resort to prosthetics, the go-to thing for "transformations" which makes this all the more impressive and creepy.

You need to see Lisa Kudrow in The Comeback NOW

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Oh absolutely, very well said. Her face when she steps into the light in this clip seems completely different without doing anything and then she twitches into an orc-like rage in a nanosecond, it's incredible. An acting achievement.

First predictions for Best Actress this year are starting to roll in now:

Amy Adams – Nightbitch (Searchlight Pictures)

Angelina Jolie – Maria (TBA)

Karla Sofía Gascón – Emilia Pérez (Netflix)

Mikey Madison – Anora (NEON)

Tessa Thompson – Hedda (Amazon MGM)

Saoirse Ronan – Blitz (Apple Original Films)

Danielle Deadwyler – The Piano Lesson (Netflix)

Marianne Jean-Baptiste – Hard Truths (Bleecker Street)

Florence Pugh – We Live in Time (A24)

Demi Moore – The Substance (MUBI)

https://awardswatch.com/2025-oscar-predictions-best-actress-june/

Where's Gaga? :chick3:

24 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Where's Gaga? :chick3:

#0 :cm: Simply too ahead she transcends placements 

• Like 1

Very early random prediction: Mikey Madison wins BA at New York this year. :lakitu:

Thinking that Gaga will win Globes and BAFTA, but lose that Oscar to someone overdue.

wendy-williams-wendy.gif

1 hour ago, Donquizote said:

Thinking that Gaga will win Globes and BAFTA, but lose that Oscar to someone overdue.

wendy-williams-wendy.gif

dd4dc629afd3cead2f9c8fcfa769b62864a82b76

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.