Plane lands while up in flames, 6 people dead / collided with another plane mid air

Talento

How do two planes even collide? Theres so much space :gaycat6:

R.I.P

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

it's not only miraculous but amazing that they were able to act fast with few fatalities.  Japan is dealing with it to start 2024 first the earthquake now this...

• Like 2

Damn japan is already going through it this year. First the earthquake now this.

that is so sad for not only the passengers but also the air traffic controllers 

1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

Literally no one died...stay in school.

OT: it's not only miraculous but amazing that they were able to act fast with no fatalities.  Japan is dealing with it to start 2024 first the earthquake now this...

Not true, 5/6 died from the smaller aircraft the Airbus collided with

Edited by Park Jinyoung

Just now, JBJT2786 said:

Literally no one died...stay in school.

OT: it's not only miraculous but amazing that they were able to act fast with no fatalities.  Japan is dealing with it to start 2024 first the earthquake now this...

sis check the thread title...

10 minutes ago, pirateking said:

R.I.P

I'm not an expert but planes only move/fly within designated air corridors. Like, they cannot just fly wherever. 

45 minutes ago, pirateking said:

R.I.P

Same reasonsw why car collisions can occur even when there's so much land.

This is terrible. 

Japan dealing with so much already.

Edited by harwee
  • Thanks 1

The airbus landed on the wrong runway most likely.

I remember something like this happening during heavy fog but it was two passenger planes colliding instead. 

Six deaths make this a tragedy but there were 379 people on the Japan Airlines plane, and had things gone any differently they all could've died. Tenerife was the worst accident in aviation history and it wasn't too dissimilar from this. 

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

Six deaths make this a tragedy but there were 379 people on the Japan Airlines plane, and had things gone any differently they all could've died. Tenerife was the worst accident in aviation history and it wasn't too dissimilar from this. 

The Tenerife story is truly both maddeningly frustrating and deeply disturbing. Very glad this didn’t turn into that. RIP to those who didn’t make it out of this one. 

The Japanese Airlines crew did a tremendous job ensuring all passengers were safe.

Because of the fire, They didn't use all evacuation doors and slides. They did it so fast and efficiently with only two exits left.

RIP to the Japanese Coast guards who perished from the other smaller aircraft that were supposed to carry relief goods to Ishikawa. Which was the epicentre of the recent Earthquake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.