TOP 50 Vinyl Albums 2023

Aethereal

Taylor dominating as usual.

DYKTTATUOB (Lana's new album) selling nearly 200K vinyl copies and BTD selling over 160K vinyl copies in 2023 after 11 years.

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_1935163837.jpg

Melanie Martinez with multiple entries :eek: 

• Haha 1

This is from November, it says so in the top right. The complete YTD list is coming out sometime this week.

joj56im.png

1989 TV's already moved over 1M vinyls in the US :deadbanana2:

Edited by Carry My Heart
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

This is from November, it says so in the top right. The complete YTD list is coming out sometime this week.

joj56im.png

1989 TV's already moved over 1M vinyls in the US :deadbanana2:

Do you have the year end - 2022 list?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Rumours at #9 :clap3: such a legendary album

rumours residency in the top 50 of the BB200 too 

they repeaked this year i fear :clap3: 

Two years later and Happier Than Ever remains a vinyl staple. Why? 

6jqr4Zd.gif

Phoebe Bridgers selling 68k is crazy. Punisher is three years old. Between this, opening for Taylor and the boygenius year, she might have a Mitski indie smash with her next project if she plays her cards right

Lana and Taylor joint slayage. Born to die the everlasting smash album you are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Jeans said:

Melanie Martinez with multiple entries :eek: 

new album and deluxe edition of her debut released on vinyl for the first time for its anniversary

14 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Do you have the year end - 2022 list?

OJtKIB7.jpg

3 hours ago, Carry My Heart said:

OJtKIB7.jpg

Thank you. I really wanted to know how many vinyl Lana sold in 2022 but the list is not complete unfortunately. I don't think YTD or Luminate updated the full top 50 list in 2022 unfortunately.

Taylor is truly a beast. :clap3:

Kinda surprised that Olivia is not a bigger vinyl seller. I thought especially with the "surprise song" on each vinyl that she would have sold more. Still great numbers nonetheless. :clap3:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Klein said:

Taylor is truly a beast. :clap3:

Kinda surprised that Olivia is not a bigger vinyl seller. I thought especially with the "surprise song" on each vinyl that she would have sold more. Still great numbers nonetheless. :clap3:

:coffee:  For a September release she did great.  SOUR is holding up well also.

Lana, Melanie and Amy. Sza is also doing amazing. Surprised anti isn’t here since it had a new vinyl release and Super Bowl boost. Born To Die definitely crossed 2m sales. It was at 1.84m pure sales last December and did 160k vinyls alone. Back To Black will always be a vinyl classic. 

• Like 1

Taylor and Lana killing it :clap:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Lana, Melanie and Amy. Sza is also doing amazing. Surprised anti isn’t here since it had a new vinyl release and Super Bowl boost. Born To Die definitely crossed 2m sales. It was at 1.84m pure sales last December and did 160k vinyls alone. Back To Black will always be a vinyl classic. 

BTD was at 1.845 in the end of 2021. In 2021 it had sold 135K pure copies of which 125K or 122K were vinyls. So I expect around 10k non-vinyl copies sold this year too.

In 2022, BTD vinyl sales were 51K by July, much slower than in 2023 or 2021 so it likely did 100K in total by the end of the year.

BTD must be at 2.1M. Paradise was at 380K in 2018, so now it is probably over 400K. If Gaga can claim her 440K 99 cent copies for BTW, we can claim the EP too with similar numbers. 

Edited by Aristotle

15 hours ago, Aristotle said:

BTD was at 1.845 in the end of 2021. In 2021 it had sold 135K pure copies of which 125K or 122K were vinyls. So I expect around 10k non-vinyl copies sold this year too.

In 2022, BTD vinyl sales were 51K by July, much slower than in 2023 or 2021 so it likely did 100K in total by the end of the year.

BTD must be at 2.1M. Paradise was at 380K in 2018, so now it is probably over 400K. If Gaga can claim her 440K 99 cent copies for BTW, we can claim the EP too with similar numbers. 

Yes you’re right. I thought it was at 1.84m as of 2022 but it’s actually 2021. I checked chsrtmasters and he had it at 1.93m last year so the 2.1m total is definitely true. It’ll probably reach 3m by the end of the decade insane. The way it struggled to reach 1m at first and now it’s double that in the streaming era. As for the Gaga comparison. It’s the same as The Fame and TFM. The release and ep were both released separately in the US/Canada and I believe Japan. WW they’re combined. 

15 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Yes you’re right. I thought it was at 1.84m as of 2022 but it’s actually 2021. I checked chsrtmasters and he had it at 1.93m last year so the 2.1m total is definitely true. It’ll probably reach 3m by the end of the decade insane. The way it struggled to reach 1m at first and now it’s double that in the streaming era. As for the Gaga comparison. It’s the same as The Fame and TFM. The release and ep were both released separately in the US/Canada and I believe Japan. WW they’re combined. 

CM gives higher than the actual reported numbers possibly to match the future catalog sales or shipments. 

1.845M  - total pure sales by 2021

51K vinyl copies by July in 2022

161K vinyl copies in 2012

So the total is probably 2.1M however I don't have the 2022 total yearly sales reported. 

On 1/3/2024 at 2:22 PM, Aristotle said:

CM gives higher than the actual reported numbers possibly to match the future catalog sales or shipments. 

1.845M  - total pure sales by 2021

51K vinyl copies by July in 2022

161K vinyl copies in 2012

So the total is probably 2.1M however I don't have the 2022 total yearly sales reported. 

1.93 by the end of the 2022 is definitely possible. That’s probably why he added the extra units. It’s probably not selling much digital or cds since it doesn’t chart high on iTunes and the cd is only available on Amazon. Plus, the majority of the market is vinyl driven. Her pure sales would be much better if she had her other albums readily available. 

Edited by VioletsandRoses

18 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

1.93 by the end of the 2022 is definitely possible. That’s probably why he added the extra units. It’s probably not selling much digital or cds since it doesn’t chart high on iTunes and the cd is only available on Amazon. Plus, the majority of the market is vinyl driven. Her pure sales would be much better if she had her other albums readily available. 

1.93M was given in mid 2022 by Chartmasters (probably around 1.90M instead). Her sales are higher during the holidays so it likely reached 1.95M by the end of 2022.

Last year, I bought GUTS, Rumours, Barbie The Album and Cracker Island to my collection.

Great albums

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.