A.G. Cook - Silver Thread Golden Needle

Daddy

After announcing that his iconic label PC Music would stop releasing new music after 2023, A.G. dropped a new single under the label N.A. (maybe just a placeholder for now)

I love it. It hits all the PC Music spots for me. :clap3:

• Like 5

It’s a great track but I’m gonna need some type of statement soon about what’s happening next. Soft Rock & Perfect Picture were two of my fav albums of last year, label output rly only got better in my book so I’m desperate to know what those archival releases they were talking about actually entail. We’re not going out like this!

WHATTTT omg can’t wait to listen 

it’s gorgeous as expected, he never misses :WAP:

On 1/1/2024 at 11:07 AM, LoveInStereo said:

It’s a great track but I’m gonna need some type of statement soon about what’s happening next. Soft Rock & Perfect Picture were two of my fav albums of last year, label output rly only got better in my book so I’m desperate to know what those archival releases they were talking about actually entail. We’re not going out like this!

I imagine it'll primarily be split versions of mixes on streaming and/or compilations ala GFOTYBUCKS, hopefully some of the old Gamsonite stuff as well

• 3 weeks later...

So I literally just heard this, and I’m not super surprised it’s barely been discussed here, but I love it. Some of my favorite things about his work all in one place - a monumental track. I hope that this is indicative of him still wanting to grow and evolve his sound post-PC Music, rather than a eulogy of sorts for the label. It really sounds like it could go either way, especially since it was released on the very first day after the label’s “final year.” I even thought I could almost identify elements of his prior tracks, including those with other artists, in the elements included here.

It will be interesting to see where he goes from here and how his work with somewhat more mainstream artists evolves as well. I realized recently that AG is the architect of many of my favorite sounds and styles of the last decade and I can’t wait to see what he does next.

I wish he sold more of his work in lossless quality somewhere, though, because I don’t like the sort of precarious nature of relying on streaming. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.