Nebraska Governor Stands By Rejection Of Federal Funds To Feed Hungry Kids

Horizon Flame

“I don’t believe in welfare,” Republican Gov. Jim Pillen said of declining a federal program that would feed food-insecure children in the summer of 2024.

The Republican governor of Nebraska is standing by his decision to reject a federal program that would give the state $18 million to help feed food-insecure children next summer. Gov. Jim Pillen reiterated his stance in a statement Friday on why the state won’t be participating in the 2024 Summer Electronic Benefits Transfer for Children or Summer EBT program.

At a rally on Friday in front of the Governor’s Residence, advocates for the federal program argued the Summer Food Service Program doesn’t reach thousands of kids who aren’t able to participate in those on-site programs, the Nebraska Examiner reported.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nebraska-governor-reject-summer-electronic-benefits-transfer-children-federal-program_n_65906194e4b0cd3cf0e57a6c

Say it ain't so! The party that preaches about the good book and needing to protect our children doing everything in its power to deny children of the very things they need. 

On a serious note this is so troubling...I grew up poor so I know what it's like going to sleep hungry. Hoping food banks are a thing up there...the kids bruh, no child should go to sleep hungry😭

Edited by Jormungand
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

I don’t believe in welfare

Closeted Republicans are the worst 

ALL politicians regardless of where they're from are evil and we should bring the guillotine back for them

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.