• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Miichael

• Anticipating

• Rev8

26 minutes ago, Tropical said:

However I just read Brit's book (I love her, but it was a terrible read) 

let's not lie sis, let's not lie please. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I could see her casually releasing something (if anything just to fulfill her contract with RCA), but it’s always hard to know what to believe when it comes to Britney rumors.

Has the lord heard my prayers? Get AG involved too and let him and Charli to work on the whole album, even Blackout will be dust omg :WAP:

3 hours ago, Reginald said:

YES PLEASE

We want fresh, modern sounds not the Will.I.AmPrint :clap3:

THIS

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shyboi said:

let's not lie sis, let's not lie please. 

I wish I was lying, it honestly is such a disservice to her..

I just hope will I am is nowhere near this project. Wtf was mine your business? 

• Like 1

Chai doesn’t really give her songs she writes away too often and whenever she does, they’re smashes (Same Old Love, Señorita). Speed Drive was a hit with no promo, I feel like people in this thread might be underestimating her

• Like 3

Just now, Parallel said:

Chai doesn’t really give her songs she writes away too often and whenever she does, they’re smashes (Same Old Love, Señorita). Speed Drive was a hit with no promo, I feel like people in this thread might be underestimating her

She won’t give her scraps to Britney, either. If there is any current pop artist that could write for britney, it’s Charli. 

• Like 4

For what it’s worth, we probably won’t get personal tracks but bops from Charli:

Everybody seems to be on this quest for authenticity to prove that they are real, they are down to Earth, but I personally don't care about that in my favorite pop artists. I don't want to know what Britney was having for breakfast, I want to see Britney in full Britney mode, being a pop star. I don't care if that comes with this Paris Hilton-esque air of fantasy, which I think sometimes can be deemed as selling out. Selling out creates pop culture. To get Warhol-y about it, that's what that is — it's mass market selling out. I think it's pop-tastic and fun and disposable. We're in this disposable culture now more than ever so I'm kind of here for it.

I read that your inspirations [for this album] included Janet Jackson, and that sort of Janet, Madonna, one name-r culture is very unattainable. 

Great pop stars have a godlike, untouchable status to them. That's what wields a lot of power and I enjoy that. I've never met Madonna, but I don't want to meet Madonna and her be like, "Hey, do you want to go for brunch?" I want Madonna c**** as f*** and Madonna. You know?

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/18/1087238345/i-love-selling-out-charli-xcx-on-the-volatile-pop-of-crash

Edited by EyesOnMe
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

a Charli penned Britney track,, lives will be changed

Pretty certain there’s  one or two in the vault and that’s probably all we’ll get.

I don’t see her releasing an entire album sadly and i’m still dubious as to when HMC vocal was recorded. 

• Like 1

I can't believe there's people still underestimating Charli XCX in 2024. Not simply as a songwriter (and a very successful one), but in general as one of the most influential artist of the last 10 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Xtripped said:

She's Britney Spears, she can afford the best producers and songwriters, I mean why Charlie XCX?

Because Britney cares about creativity and uniqueness.

This is the same person who chose Danja over Timbaland...Max Martin over a song where the songwriters worked with Whitney...Bloodshy and Avant over R.Kelly and Ying yang twins.

With Blackout being Charlie's favorite album  I KNOW she will do it justice

15 hours ago, schnetzka said:

She said in her book that music is not a priority for her right now so I don't know if I believe this.

She wrote the book in 2021 and 2022 and then the summer of 2022 she released Hold me closer and this past summer she was extorted and Mind your business was issued.

She ALSO made these comments before the success of her book. Cade has been trying to get her to take on deals beyond the book. Stargate and others have been rumored this year to begin the process of writing for her so I don't think it's far fetched.

She never quit music. She was not going to make anymore money for her father. Music was a lesser priority than living her life. and enjoying it on her terms but how long was the supposed to last. It could still be going on and she return in 2026/2027 or she (while working on the book in 2021/2022) could have had her couple of years of discovering herself.

I can wait until 2026/2027 if she needed more years but if two years was enough she might be starting it.

If she does release an album as long as its on her terms great. I would love her to put out a summer hit and then put out a fall single and release the album but we shall see.

• Like 2

it's time for Blackout 2.0, with creative control and all about her newfound freedom :jonny4: hope she gets in the studio with people she likes and wants to work with to create timeless bops again :clap3:

13 minutes ago, PiperHalliwell said:

who is he?

He's a songwriter, so he must likely submitted something or knows someone who did

• Like 1

If this doesn't turn up to be true... It's always been difficult with Britney (regardless of her personal situation) 'cause there are countless of people out there ready to jump on the rumours just to get some attention.

uOdA6cU.thumb.gif.c0709bf1c85e908bbea345

17 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

she should also get slayyyter and tove lo in that studio 

Idk who that first person is but Tove Lo is a no for me. I swear she just gives people her left overs. The songs she gives other artists are some of her worst songs. Plus Dirty Femme was a massive let down for me. If she wants to pull something great out for Brit like Disco **** or Cool Girl then we can reconsider but if she’s gonna do some by the numbers bs like Sparks she can stay far away from Britney.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.