Florida teen fatally shot sister over Christmas gifts; other brother shoots him

SoldierofLove

A 14-year-old Florida teen fatally shot his sister in an argument over Christmas gifts, only to be shot moments later by his own teenage brother, authorities said.

The argument started when the brothers, ages 14 and 15, were out shopping on Christmas Eve Sunday with their mother and sister, and got into a spat over who was receiving more Christmas gifts, Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said during a news conference.

After shopping, the boys, their mother, their 23-year-old sister Abrielle Baldwin, and Baldwin's two young children, ages 6 and 11 months, went to their grandmother's home in Largo where the argument continued.

That's when the 14-year-old brother "stood in the doorway, he took out his .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun, and he pointed it at [his brother] and told him he was going to shoot him in the head,” Gualtieri said.

The 14-year-old tried to get his 15-year-old brother to fight and an uncle ended up separating them and moving the 14-year-old outside into the driveway area. 

That’s where he found Abrielle carrying her 11-month-old baby in a carrier. She told him: “You all need to leave that stuff alone. Why are you trying to start it? It’s Christmas,” Gualtieri said.

The 14-year-old ensued to argue with her, called her “derogatory” terms, and shot her in the chest as she was holding her infant in the carrier, the sheriff said. She fell, and the baby fell too, but was unharmed. 

The 15-year-old brother then came outside, and brought out a .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun, and exclaimed, "You shot my motherf------ sister!" and shot the 14-year-old one time in the stomach, according to the sheriff's office.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-teen-accused-fatally-shooting-sister-argument-christmas-gifts-rcna131280

Omg so sad 

of course it was in florida :facepalm:

RIP to the sister 

the brother got what was coming to him 

Seems like that's the life they lived, so sad. I have been first hand in these circles as a child and don't wish them on anyone, the constant fear of violence or death is so scary i'd pay any amount to stay away.

• Like 1

That…. was a story. RIP to the sister, poor kids, you have to be completely insane to do that to family over Christmas presents. Kids should never have access to guns. 

Hopefully the 14yo is tried as an adult. 

To shoot your sister while she’s holding your less than a year old nephew/niece…

And the boys had their own gun? Lord

Republican: “So glad the other brother had a gun to stop his brother  :clap3: “

• Haha 14

1) of course it was florida

2) how the **** does a 14 year old have a handgun

3) the family saw that the 14 year old had a gun and moved to separate and/or lecture instead of disarm the 14 y/o?
4) the 15 year old was able to grab ANOTHER gun without much difficulty if the article reads correctly

5) … where the **** is the parenting? Why was the allowed to get to this point? Who the **** leaves guns around like this? What kind of upbringing did these individuals have where they either own or have open access to firearms?

6) this whole situation is equal parts tragic and stupid. I just… I can’t.

Gun control. Emphasis on control, not ban. **** like this is why we need to have stricter gun control laws. If your underaged children are able to access firearms this easily, your ass should be locked up for being careless. If you aren’t responsible enough with your firearms, you shouldn’t have them. At this point, simply lobbying for responsible ownership and stricter requirements to own isn’t enough. If you as a gun owner leave it where anyone can get ahold of your weapon, you are not being responsible. 

Edit: read the full story finally and it just gets wilder. The 14 year old had multiple charges including gun possession as a 12 year old? The boys would steal guns from cars? wtf is this ****?

Edited by loveisdead9582
  • Like 1

what an embarrassment of a family...I guarantee this was the environment they grew up in so I 100% blame the parents.

Andy Ngo (alt right loser) made an awful post about this story on Twitter and now unfortunately a bunch of trolls are now leaving comments on the deceased sisters Facebook posts, gross and what happened her to is awful. 

And how can two teens each have their own accessible gun? The gun culture in America I think is genuinely unfixable

Edited by Redstreak

5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Andy Ngo (alt right loser) made an awful post about this story on Twitter and now unfortunately a bunch of trolls are now leaving comments on the deceased sisters Facebook posts, gross and what happened her to is awful. 

Why is he getting involved? 

24 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why is he getting involved? 

He pretends to be a “journalist”. He reported it in a gross way probably hoping to bait clicks

I only feel bad for the woman and her babies. Kids owning guns is absolutely deranged and so absurd, I automatically chuckled because it's an awkward thought to have. 

florida ... insane how they had their own guns at such age, the parents not disarming the little idiot and him cold blooded shooting his sister with less than a year old baby... pure insanity. AND AGAIN NOTHING WILL BE DONE. STUPID.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.