Lil Nas X - "J Christ"

TalkThatRihanna

I didn't like it first listen.

Deleted from my playlist second listen.

The buildup is not bad, but goes from a 6 to a 2.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cap87

• SIDE2SIDE

• ImpressMeMuch

• Sweetestsecret

The Ts Madison cameo was the best part of the video :heart2:

• Like 1

The way Ariana ended him with no effort :skull:  I know his seething. Gonna stream LAP and Judas next to Yes, and? today 

• Thanks 2

I can't take him seriously as an artist. His songs/ videos are like things Trisha Pitas/ a random YouTuber would release :giraffe:.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Leppie said:

I've never seen a more obvious attempt at a rehash of a hit song.. this is basically a carbon copy of all of his previous work. How disappointing 

This was a more blatant attempt at recreating the Nile Rogers sound without his help

Back to the song, it's mid , 6/10 

3 hours ago, seancarter said:

Lil Nas X has been providing better visuals that most main pop girls since 2019... his videography is crazy. 

He shot too many scenes for a very short video and none really got to shine. Before you can digest the details, it’s on to the next scene. He should’ve used a longer mix for the video or edited the video better

• Like 2

The instrumental is way too reminiscent of Sally Walker, without even the smallest of efforts to change it up. The production is dated, but the song itself is cute. 

As for the visuals, I appreciate that he’s so involved in his themes & creative direction & he always serves effort. The video eats. I can deff see how it’s a retread, but ultimately, he’s a gay artists drawing on his experience, & clearly, he has a lot to express on the matter of “religion”. I won’t fault him for where he draws inspiration, even if it’s served with a side of troll. 

Edited by FOCK
  • Like 3

Omg why did Spotify lash him like that :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

The song and video are cute, for sure. But it is nothing amazing for sure.

he can and should be doing better

Everything about this feels like a shadow of his past era

Just parodying himself at this point

The song is cute so I might be streaming a few times

the song + video isn’t awful. I like he’s rly the only pop star nowadays that isn’t afraid to rile people up… this video did remind me how people didn’t always play it so safe due to fear of social media, etc 

HOWEVER, he’s too talented to be doing the religious controversy thing. It’s been done too many times and it just doesn’t really work in 2024 anymore. At the same time being a gay popstar/rapper is not easy so he prob feels like there’s certain stunts he has to pull otherwise he’ll be ignored by the mainstream. 

It's a boring bop, if that makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

Omg why did Spotify lash him like that :deadbanana2:

He definitely had a hand in this. Not sure this one is giving "marketing genius" though 

Didnt he already do this video/concept 

This is nothing new, I dont like the song either

Did he really call this the best comeback of all times? :dies:

• Haha 1

I like that he is always serving visuals. Thw song is indeed mid. 

The verses remind me of Humble nnnn

It's cute though 

i actually like this tbh :rip: 

maybe it’s cause the song reminds me of sally walker and humble

That kind of mv feels so dated idk, boring, bland, done million times before. Next.

It's the same sound he has done since he started. No evolution as an artist whatsoever :zzz:

• Thanks 1

It sounds like most of his songs tbh. I doubt this will be a hit.

HEAVYONIT

Meh.

The song is very basic and sounds like something from his last album 

Video is a high budget which is cute but it's a mess, a lot of scenes showing up and a lot of religious references (they don't make sense but I guess anything for the clicks?). The whole video and song are just overall forgettable and leave you asking "was that it?" 

Lil Nas is really going for controversy over quality I guess, he is just making tik tok songs with videos that have a lot going on (suitable for the attention span he is targeting) 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.