Pop girls music videos with terrible fashion

Jeremiah

Our pop girls are known for giving LOOKS, but sometimes they miss the cue.

What music videos by them would you consider to have failed on the fashion department?

For example, in my humble opinion: "Rain On Me" by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.

I get they were going for a scifi/post-apocalyptic (?) aesthetic, but whoever styled them secretly hates them.

A gruesome childish pseudo-punk mess that'd only be passable in a homemade theme-night queer gathering.

EY5bWZoXkAIxb1m.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Before Liddos think I'm hating on Gaga, one from my fave:

For Circus MVs she delivered, delivered and delivered... until Radar came. The looks are not terrible but they're completely unremarkable. It's like they were on the middle of the Candies photoshoot and thought "hey, let's film Radar on the lunch break". Playing the girlfriend of a rich guy on a Madonna's Take A Bow inspired music video, they could've gone for something way more refined and exquisite looks wise.

• Like 2

Hate the fashion here

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Destiny's Child 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I’m a fan but most of Katy’s looks are terrible…

Re ROM… I think Ari looked great. Gaga’s first look slaps but the two follow up outfits were very unflattering.

And I say this as someone who enjoys the music video and who has played that song at LEAST 10,000 times.

Edited by Peroxide
  • Like 1

Lol i came here to post Radar too and im a Brit stan. Love the self awareness we can have. ( Also Ugly gurls) dont know what that even was. 

Also agree that ROM wasn't good. Could've been so memorable and iconic but nope it was uninspiring. 

2 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Lol i came here to post Radar too and im a Brit stan. Love the self awareness we can have. ( Also Ugly gurls) dont know what that even was. 

Also agree that ROM wasn't good. Could've been so memorable and iconic but nope it was uninspiring. 

Agreed on Pretty girls and Rain On Me. They could’ve been so much better with better stylists/concepts. I liked Gaga’s first outfit and her rocking the brown hair. The end. The song did well but it could’ve been much bigger with better visuals. Pretty girls… I blame the conservatorship. 

3 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

The Touch mv fashion (yes including Perrie’s corset) CHANGED me in 2016. Their outfits all ate down, embodied the fashion era of 2016 and you can argue with your mom! 

• Like 1

The creepy dystopian Gaga look at the start of ROM is a slay, but yea the rest are very 2010 VMA performance looks by some random LA designer. 

4 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I still remember thinking Perrie was naked the first time I watched the touch video :rip: That corset is so ******* ugly dear god, what was she thinking 

On 12/24/2023 at 12:12 AM, SinnerCity said:

I love my girl Brit but wtf

I truthfully erased this from my mind or else I would have posted it :deadbanana: 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ReH2o said:

unnamed-4_t600.jpg?4326734cdb8e39baa3579

:bibliahh::rip:This really looked like some sort of Power Rangers Cosplay

11 hours ago, ReH2o said:

unnamed-4_t600.jpg?4326734cdb8e39baa3579

Why is one glove all the way up to her elbow and the other only to her wrist ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.