Argentina, Milei's latest move: making the rent paid with meat and milk

Horizon Flame

Horizon Flame

The "Christmas decree" of the Argentine president, which does not pass through Parliament and comes into force by the end of the year, provides among other things the possibility of signing contracts of any kind, including food, Bitcoin or foreign currencies  

La cares for Milei divides the world more and moreArgentina. The president, as soon as he took office, immediately devalued the peso, leading to a surge in inflation and an exchange rate with the dollar that was becoming more inaccessible day by day for the lower classes. They left immediately the protests, however immediately quelled by repressive measures which led the police forces to literally guard the streets of the country, in a rather sinister climate which reminded some of the authoritarian regimes of the past. 

In all of this, by decree and therefore without going through Parliament, where Milei does not have a majority, the president launched the first, much discussed reforms: limitation of the right to strike, plan of privatizations of state-owned enterprises e labor reform. To deal with the discontent and the objective difficulty for millions of Argentinians in paying basic expenses, such as food, rent, utilities, Milei has also launched a curious formula, explained on week between Christmas and New Year, when the decree comes into force, they will be able to sign contracts, including for example the rental one, agreeing howform of payment any type of currency, even Bitcoin, or even in exchange for kilograms of meat or liters of milk.

“The debtor will have to deliver the quantity of food corresponding to the value of the currency chosen, even if this is not in legal use in the Argentine Republic. Unless obviously contractual agreements to the contrary”, Minister Mondino clarified on the social network once called Twitter. 

https://www.firstonline.info/en/Argentine-Milei's-latest-move-to-pay-the-rent-with-meat-and-milk/

I want him d*ad omg. This mf will leave faster than De La Rúa 

• Thanks 1

See, when you vote for clownery, the clown comes back to bite :clown:

Oprah-Gif.gif

This is not something that he invented tho 

Farmers used to do it but then it was forbidden 

Both parts would have to agree on that, which speaks volumes about the Argentinian crisis more than him as a President...

• Thumbs Down 1

Latin America’s left is such a JOKE(Petro, Maduro, Boric, Lula) they’ve giving people no other option than to vote outsiders like Milei and Bukele into power. 

the same will happen in the US when Trump becomes president again next year. And it’s the democRATS fault for stubbornly choosing old, decrypt Sleepy Joe and uncharismatic Kamala. They’ve basically handed the presidency already because it’s more profitable to the party when they’re the opposition so they can get more donations using Trump as the boogy man 

Edited by She-Rah
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Thanks to this a******* taking down rent laws so "market could adjust itself", the owner of the apartment I live in increased my monthly rent in 100% after paying three years of the same exact value expressed in US dollars (they already increased me in quarterly basis due to inflation, but it was in the same rate as my salary and other currencies increased - now it's not).

Also public transportation will increase 900% for me. I acknowledge it is really cheap right now but now a lot of my salary will go to just surviving. And I'm a f**** professional physician, imagine people who are really strugging with their job.

1 hour ago, Talento said:

This adfasfdasf

El ghetto! Pagando la renta con pan :rip:

Edited by Psyduck

I hope the same taunting happens on social media towards right wingers because of this man's complete economic mismanagement. What a clown.

22 minutes ago, Losing my ground said:

Thanks to this a******* taking down rent laws so "market could adjust itself", the owner of the apartment I live in increased my monthly rent in 100% after paying three years of the same exact value expressed in US dollars (they already increased me in quarterly basis due to inflation, but it was in the same rate as my salary and other currencies increased - now it's not).

Also public transportation will increase 900% for me. I acknowledge it is really cheap right now but now a lot of my salary will go to just surviving. And I'm a f**** professional physician, imagine people who are really strugging with their job.

I lost my job some months ago and I'm struggling to find one, and I pay rent :rip: (todo precario, no soy profesional ni nada)

10 hours ago, She-Rah said:

Latin America’s left is such a JOKE(Petro, Maduro, Boric, Lula) they’ve giving people no other option than to vote outsiders like Milei and Bukele into power. 

the same will happen in the US when Trump becomes president again next year. And it’s the democRATS fault for stubbornly choosing old, decrypt Sleepy Joe and uncharismatic Kamala. They’ve basically handed the presidency already because it’s more profitable to the party when they’re the opposition so they can get more donations using Trump as the boogy man 

We need to get ride of petro soon. That man is a fuckin disaster and things are gettin real bad here. Never been this bad
But it was expected cause he was a far left guerillas member
Our best president was Juan Manuel Santos. The guy was a corrupt rat-thief but there was so much economical stability and peace with him
Sadly the person who will take over petro is another extreme right winger like Maria Fernanda Cabal.
Latinos we are dumb. Like americans with trump :gaycat4: 

I feel bad for our argentinian neighbors... He's like 10 times worse than Bolsonaro

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

The fact that it’s a parody account and you’re basically coming here spreading lies…

On 12/23/2023 at 11:50 PM, Losing my ground said:

It’s so weird to me how people come here and just post lies, I searched this on Google and it says the increase it’s only 45%:

https://buenosairesherald.com/economics/buenos-aires-bus-train-fares-to-increase-by-45-in-january

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.