Biden won student debtors by +16 in 2020 - they're now +3 for Trump in new poll

Communion

34 minutes ago, Communion said:

@VOSS Here is everything thus far vs the plan Biden proposed ($400b proposed that would wipe out a max of 20M) vs Warren's proposed plan ($640b that would wipe out debt for 36M) vs Sanders' plan (essentially all debt forgiven).

3NdBbC6.png

Pu0x6Ba.png

The individual borrowers numbers for as-is are harder to come by. WH press release cites 804k figure, since most of the $132b came not from the small dollar amounts he was doing throughout 2021+2022 via lawsuits by groups of students but from the COVID changes to the PSLF and IDR programs that fixed years of bad book-keeping. 

Which lines up with data we had - Biden's proposed plan would have done a bit under half than a bit over half due to the caveats to get to 'up to' $20k.

FTxqw0MUsAESFDg?format=jpg&name=900x900

The big issue for all three of them is that people broadly recognize that student debt forgiveness is a regressive policy. Biden's plan is at least more targeted. However, it is flawed because it will lead to no real institutional changes to the funding or cost of higher education. It's a band-aid and was clearly a ploy for votes. Though he has gotten a not insignificant amount forgiven.

Any true solution needs to involve major changes to the functioning of universities. Bernie and Warren's plans did not have realistic funding mechanisms to make public colleges free. Realistically, it will be paid for by taxes on working Americans. Which is fine, but it would need to involve serious funding cuts to these schools, which have become almost as bloated as their private counterparts. American college administrators have never seen a tuition hike they didn't like and they are the ones responsible for the ballooning costs to attend. Unfortunately, the Democratic Party is the party of college graduates and college administrators and I doubt they'd stomach the necessary changes that would need to accompany debt forgiveness.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• DougAF

• AMIT

• mrpartyrocker

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Khal said:

If your way of showing you’re displeased with Biden is to move to Trump (and not undecided or not voting), you’re clearly not a serious person.

Guess I should show my displeasure with Genocide Joe by... voting for Genocide Joe, then.

Cause really, abstaining from voting is treated just the same as a vote for Trump by liberals anyway. There is no greater sin than doing anything other than voting for the Democrat "to protect democracy as we know it" which is constantly under threat every single election. Every election is "the most important one." Always. And if you don't vote Democrat, you're a traitor to the country, puppet of Putin, etc.

I'm not planning on voting for Trump, and you're going to say "I wasn't talking about you then," but let's be honest here. The goalposts are always getting moved and what you say now won't be the sentiment if Trump actually ends up winning in November. Nonvoters will be demonized and scorned for not sucking it up and voting for Joe, as will third party voters, just like they were in 2016, even though both groups who didn't buy into the corrupt oligarchic duopoly make up a plurality of the population.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Remind me, what exactly Trump did for them during his first term and what they will get if he re-elected, right answer is nada :fan: :clown:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Khal said:

It’s giving illiterate, because that wasn’t what I said :rip:

It’s giving zero common sense. What other impactful way do we show we’re displeased? If we complain on social media, and then go to vote for them anyway, then why would they care? :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"I'm mad he didn't cancel enough student debt so I'm going to go vote for someone who will cancel none!"

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

I get not wanting to vote for any politician in 2024 due to obvious circumstances, but those wanting debt forgiveness and switching to vote for Tr*mp are actually insane  :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GhostBox said:

Biden has canceled more student debt than any president in history. If they want one who will cancel none that’s on them 😂😂

Spill a bit.

Also I don't understand the argument of not voting because you dislike Biden. That just means you're saying it's okay if Trump wins.

• Like 1

Damn, all DNC has to do is launch anyone else than Biden to win :rip:

Both are hated, but in 2023/2024 Biden is 10x more hated than Trump

Trump is going to win, Biden was a lot more popular in 2020 and he didn’t win by that much if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Khal said:

If your way of showing you’re displeased with Biden is to move to Trump (and not undecided or not voting), you’re clearly not a serious person.

withholding your vote is literally the only way to show your displeasure with elected officials. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Khal said:

Okay? Like make that make ******* sense. 

22 minutes ago, DougAF said:

It’s giving zero common sense. What other impactful way do we show we’re displeased? If we complain on social media, and then go to vote for them anyway, then why would they care? :rip:

Get ready for a SECOND term Trump Presidency. Where he doesn’t have to care about anything on the progressive side because he’ll have no campaigns to run when he’s elected. And then you’re just going to be disgusted and complain and moan for the next four years. Like look at the BIG picture here. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

I am so sick of these so-called polls.  They don't mean anything. :zzz:

Why? The polls are generally pretty spot on. The polls got the 2016 election correct, despite people serving delusion and thinking otherwise. :rip: 

16 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Get ready for a SECOND term Trump Presidency. Where he doesn’t have to care about anything on the progressive side because he’ll have no campaigns to run when he’s elected. And then you’re just going to be disgusted and complain and moan for the next four years. Like look at the BIG picture here. 

If a second term trump presidency is the wake up call the stupid ass DNC needs to cut this **** out, then we have to take a step back to go two steps forward. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Biden get off the ground!

spacer.png

people really think a president will magically make their lives better. and as soon as it isn't the case, they get upset and switch like baguettes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, DougAF said:

If a second term trump presidency is the wake up call the stupid ass DNC needs to cut this **** out, then we have to take a step back to go two steps forward. 

A step back? 😂

that’s not how it works. He literally changed the Supreme Court for decades. Things the president does will have an impact for years and years. And nothing the next guy does will change those things. 

it won’t be “a step back”

it would be like a few million steps back then us having to literally crawl our way out of the **** he puts us in AGAIN! 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

A step back? 😂

that’s not how it works. He literally changed the Supreme Court for decades. Things the president does will have an impact for years and years. And nothing the next guy does will change those things. 

it won’t be “a step back”

it would be like a few million steps back then us having to literally crawl our way out of the **** he puts us in AGAIN! 

You know who has the power to expand the supreme court right now? :coffee:

• Thumbs Down 2

24 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

people really think a president will magically make their lives better. 

Something tells me young people didn't just magically assume out of thin air that Biden promised to pass progressive policies.

E3Yx8fOXMAopRMw?format=jpg&name=900x900

We are really going to get a permanent Tr*mp dictatorship because crybaby t*ttysucking liberals somehow think they "deserve" to have free money handed to them... :skull::ace:

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, DougAF said:

The DNC doesn't give two shits :rip:

They will wait out the Trump presidency and then throw out whatever corporate backed moderate they feel will do well in 2028.

Meanwhile if you are poor or middle-class and any sort of minority, YOU will be the one to suffer.

Polls are irrelevant in 2023. I don't know why people still pay attention to them. Most Millennial and Gen-Z voters are not responding to political polls. :rip:

1 hour ago, Dula Peep said:

We are really going to get a permanent Tr*mp dictatorship because crybaby t*ttysucking liberals somehow think they "deserve" to have free money handed to them... :skull::ace:

spacer.png

No, we're about to have a Trump term because the DNC pushed an unpopular candidate for the second time against Trump, and then failed to deliver for the American people while funding a genocide.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Something tells me young people didn't just magically assume out of thin air that Biden promised to pass progressive policies.

E3Yx8fOXMAopRMw?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nah, if you keep shaming and blaming voters surely they'll be willing to continue to lower the standards for the office of the president of the US, and swallow whatever corporate, unpopular candidate the DNC and their donors shove down our throats.

Americans just like to torture themselves at the end. Having to choose between biden and trump is delusional to think it’ll be better with one or the other. Y’all deserve what you get :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.