• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• DougAF

• AMIT

• St. Charles

Top Posters In This Topic

(Biden canceled $132 billion in student loan debt debts for 3.6 million people in the past three years; many in this group would be included in the group with no student debt, which marginally favored Biden.) 

It should also be noted that both young voters with debt and without debt increased their support of Trump by 5 points, suggesting this issue has not yet driven a shift from Biden to Trump, but rather from Biden to undecided. 

Yeah, he's done. :rip: The way he went on and on about $10,000-$20,000 of relief when he KNEW very well his route of getting there was going to get shut down by the Supreme Court. The man literally helped create the student debt problem we have today, of COURSE he wasn't going to do a damned thing to solve it. :devil:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

Please don't make me tap the sign.

iGlE58q.png

Edited by Communion
  • Like 13

25 minutes ago, Communion said:

I'm trying to look at the report for the poll because I found it interesting. But when I looked this up I couldn't find anything, there isn't a link.

EDIT:

1. The author made the questions for the poll himself and it was distributed by the company mentioned.

2. He also states that the margin of error is +/- 3.9 If I'm interpreting everything correctly, this shows that the results from this poll do not conclusively put Trump ahead of Biden for this sample.

This poll shows, as stated, that a large number of people are undecided now. That doesn't necessarily mean they're voting third party or for Trump.

31 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

We need Biden OUT at all costs!

I agree. Like those in the poll - I believe Trump will formulate a cohesive, innovative, and unique response to the student debt crisis. If he had been reelected in 2020, he would have forgiven more. And if Marianne, Cornel West, Jill Stein, or RFK Jr. win the election, they will get the congressional votes to forgive way more than Biden has. We need to wake tf up.

Edited by jakeisphat
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

AYns4Je.png

There is no way this is accurate.

Dr. Alexander
3 minutes ago, jakeisphat said:

I agree. Like those in the poll - I believe Trump will formulate a cohesive, innovative, and unique response to the student debt crisis. If he had been reelected in 2020, he would have forgiven more. And if Marianne, Cornel West, Jill Stein, or JFK Jr. win the election, they will get the congressional votes to forgive way more than Biden has. We need to wake tf up.

I don’t have any faith in Trump.

Trump doesn’t need to be anywhere near the White House. His overt racist propaganda is at an all-time high at this point. Do you understand what it will be like for minorities? It was already quite horrendous when he was in the office, but it will be twice as bad this time around. It is absolutely frightening.

Anyone who is complacent with Trump getting elected just because he isn’t Biden is a problem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, jakeisphat said:

I agree. Like those in the poll - I believe Trump will formulate a cohesive, innovative, and unique response to the student debt crisis. If he had been reelected in 2020, he would have forgiven more.

Not a chance.

Donald Trump Speaks at Moms for Liberty Convention

C-SPAN / June 30, 2023

Trump: "TODAY, THE SUPREME COURT -- THIS IS TODAY -- TODAY, THE SUPREME COURT ALSO RULED THAT PRESIDENT BIDEN IS NOT ALLOWED TO WIPE OUT HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS AND PERHAPS TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN STUDENT LOAN DEBT, WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY UNFAIR TO THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO PAID THEIR DEBT THROUGH HARD WORK AND DILIGENCE. VERY UNFAIR."

Trump stands with DeVos, vetoes measure to overturn her controversial student loan forgiveness rule

The Washington Post / May 29, 2020

President Trump on Friday vetoed a bipartisan resolution to overturn a policy that makes it tougher for students who say they were defrauded by colleges to have their federal education loans canceled.

“President Trump’s veto … was a victory for DeVos and the fraud merchants at the for-profit colleges. My question to the President: in four days did you forget those flag-waving Memorial Day speeches as you vetoed a bill the veterans were begging for?” said Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.), who introduced the resolution in the Senate.

• Thanks 1

Trump would've done nothing if he won and WILL do nothing for us loaners if he wins. Don't fool yourself into believing that he'd care about poor people just because it's Biden. I really don't like these old farts at all, but it's pretty obvious knowing how Trump handled his four years that he wasn't going to help the students at all and just ignore it for more culture wars.

Edited by LustSpell
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, VOSS said:

There is no way this is accurate.

Oh, sis, you're right, the site I used quickly for some reason got weird with the commas and pulled them out incorrectly.

Here it is from Sheets directly. That's what I get for being lazy.

The numbers are correct - it's 8% of debt forgiven - but the graph for some reason isn't showing how it should. But such emphasizes how much federally held student debt there is. That $132 Billion is a huge number and yet it's still only a single-digit portion of the total outstanding debt - and this is with 2022's figures. Because of interest, the 8% forgiven is going to keep dwindling with current numbers.

That's why Sanders didn't just propose forgiving all student debt but Free College for All to end tuition-based college enrollment and making federally-loaned student debt essentially defunct. 

iGlE58q.png

Edited by Communion

This is what happens when you tell LIE after LIE and fail to deliver on quite literally any of your campaign promises.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Biden has canceled more student debt than any president in history. If they want one who will cancel none that’s on them 😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Khal said:

If your way of showing you’re displeased with Biden is to move to Trump (and not undecided or not voting), you’re clearly not a serious person.

Indeed 💀

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Khal said:

If your way of showing you’re displeased with Biden is to move to Trump (and not undecided or not voting), you’re clearly not a serious person.

You’re not serious. Why the hell would I vote for someone who didn’t fulfill their campaign promises? Sorry DNC, next time run a better candidate and stop expecting votes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

How much student debt did Trump cancel during his presidency :rip:

He gave mega tax cuts to the rich and $1 Trillion in PPP loans to businesses, which created massive inflation and made everything more expensive for you.

If you don't vote to keep him out of the White House you deserve what you're about to get.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

@VOSS Here is everything thus far vs the plan Biden proposed ($400b proposed that would wipe out a max of 20M) vs Warren's proposed plan ($640b that would wipe out debt for 36M) vs Sanders' plan (essentially all debt forgiven).

3NdBbC6.png

Pu0x6Ba.png

The individual borrowers numbers for as-is are harder to come by. WH press release cites 804k figure, since most of the $132b came not from the small dollar amounts he was doing throughout 2021+2022 via lawsuits by groups of students but from the COVID changes to the PSLF and IDR programs that fixed years of bad book-keeping. 

Which lines up with data we had - Biden's proposed plan would have done a bit under half than a bit over half due to the caveats to get to 'up to' $20k.

FTxqw0MUsAESFDg?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Communion

M****a is cursed if they can only re-elect two old hags who did no good for their country when they were in the chair :coffee2:

16 minutes ago, DougAF said:

You’re not serious. Why the hell would I vote for someone who didn’t fulfill their campaign promises? Sorry DNC, next time run a better candidate and stop expecting votes.

So you'd rather vote for Trump instead? Third party? Not voting?

12 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

So you'd rather vote for Trump instead? Third party? Not voting?

Not voting. If they want my vote they’ll need to do something to deserve it. Not playing into this “lesser of two evils bullshit” indefinitely. Time we don’t run an evil.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Khal said:

ouch 

1 hour ago, DougAF said:

It’s giving illiterate, because that wasn’t what I said :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.