Unofficial Taylor Swift children's book sold 1M+ copies in a few months

Carry My Heart

Fox Business: Taylor Swift Little Golden Book biography sells 1M copies in 7 months

ts-lgb-1600x800.jpg

A biographical children’s book about Taylor Swift created a new record for the Little Golden Book brand, publisher Random House Children’s Books recently said.

Random House Children’s Books, part of Penguin Random House, said in a press release last week that "Taylor Swift: A Little Golden Book Biography" had become "the fastest-selling Little Golden Book" since the line started over eight decades ago. The feat was earlier reported by The Washington Post.

The popular children's biography, authored by Wendy Loggia, achieved that status after racking up over 1 million book sales in seven months, according to Random House Children’s Books. Its 24 pages contain illustrations by Elisa Chavarri.

Source

Another one million records sold. :clap3:

Now imagine if Taylor was the author what the number would be.  :foxaylove4:

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, iamanearthling said:

What’s left for her to conquer? 

The hearts of bitter, hate-filled, and lost-little-girl ATRLers/insects! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, on the line said:

The hearts of bitter, hate-filled, and lost-little-girl ATRLers/insects! 

she doesn't need to conquer wasteland 

• Haha 10

Her eventual memoir will shatter all time book sales records I fear :deadbanana:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

JK who?

Anyway, I was just recently talking about what if she writes a novel.. the potential that that has

I respect her cause most of her weath comes from music. If she starts going down the greedy book/perfume/makeup road she will lose my respect

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Lyrica said:

I respect her cause most of her weath comes from music. If she starts going down the greedy book/perfume/makeup road she will lose my respect

Releasing a single memoir would hardly make one greedy :michael:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lyrica said:

Perfume/makeup/clothing sure, but wanting to tell her life story or writing a novel greedy?? 

8 minutes ago, Lyrica said:

Releasing a book is still very on par with what she does: telling stories through music. So, nah, it would not be greedy. Perfume and makeup? Yeah. 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Why is this being called "Unofficial"? They clearly got her blessing to print it—this is an 80-year series from Random House, not an indie publisher :deadbanana4:

Anyway, congrats to them, we love instilling a love of reading in children :clap3: I read both the Taylor and Dolly Parton biographies one day when I was sat in Target waiting for my sister to buy anti-diarrheal medicine and I thought they were both so cute.

15 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Why is this being called "Unofficial"? They clearly got her blessing to print it—this is an 80-year series from Random House, not an indie publisher :deadbanana4:

This isn't the case at all. The book is unofficial/unauthorized since it isn't published or licensed by her, nor is she receiving a cut from the profits. It also contains original illustrations of Taylor made by a freelance artist, not licensed photographs. They have such books out on many other celebs and franchises.

Here's the distinction

Edited by Carry My Heart
  • Thanks 1

Congrats! Good for her fans, that they got a book they could understand. Something more complicated could be too much.  

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

3 minutes ago, dejmieeen said:

Congrats! Good for her fans, that they got a book they could understand. Something more complicated could be too much.  

378017063_279304198284157_66691970952370

31 minutes ago, Lyrica said:

Imagine respecting a billionaire at all :toofunny2:. Mama, what about your wealth? 

Edited by barbiegrande
  • Like 1

Oh but I was told she would sue anyone trying to sell unofficial merch... by ATRL... would they ever lie? 

1 hour ago, Lyrica said:

Thanks for Lettie us know, but I think she will take extra money over your respect. :kiss:

1 hour ago, barbiegrande said:

Imagine respecting a billionaire at all :toofunny2:. Mama, what about your wealth? 

As if it makes any difference if it's a billion or like 200 million or whatever hundreds of millions. You're not on the moral high ground you think you're on. Where is your respect? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.