At what point and which movie made you lose interest in Marvel movies

Space Cowboy

Poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. At what point did you lose (most of) your interest for Marvel movies

• Right after Endgame
    • Pandemic era (Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals)
    • Spiderman: No Way Home
    • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
    • Thor: Love and Thunder
    • Ant-man: Quantumania
    • The Marvels
    • I’m still interested in Marvel movies
    • I’ve never been interested in Marvel movies
  2. 2. Did you watch Avengers: Endgame in theaters?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Did you watch The Marvels in theaters?

• Yes
    • No

The way all of these are recent picks…

My last marvel movie was captain America civil war and never looked back

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peroxide

• vale9001

• izzy™

• fab

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they lost their steam a few years ago. Especially, since they were struggling during Covid. I don't seem to follow them after Covid anymore though sometimes I go to a theatre to watch a Marvel movie (not as always as before)

When I realized that Wanda Vision and Loki would have no consequence in the universe 

I have no idea but it might have been the first Avengers movie or some Captain America movie :deadbanana4: It was so long ago they put out like 20 movies since then

The only good thing to come out of the franchise since then was Wandavision series

I’m still interested in superhero movies. Not all of them, but the vast majority.

after end game, it was the last marvel movie i watched i think :rip:

used to be a huge fan but i naturally grew out ‪of that phase, MCU starting to suck was the cherry on top :smile:

Edited by hallucinate

I only got into the Captain America movies bc I thought he was hot when I was younger.  I don’t like superhero movies at all.  Boring as hell.

2 hours ago, fab said:

I would say after Infinity War...  it just became too much.. I still watched Captain Marvel and Endgame in the theaters but after that I was like girl bye 

Basically this. Infinity War would have been a cute ending for me. Never even saw Endgame or Captain Marvel. Tried The Eternals and found it so repetitive and the characters kind of unlikable. 

After Endgame, I have only watched 3 more:

- Multiverse of Madness, not good but okay, 6/10

- Black Panther 2, weak plot with poor character development, 3/10

- Ant-man 3, I like the characters from previous installments, but WTF is this sequel, 3/10

The later two are among the worst movies I have ever seen at the theaters, so I will never go for MCU again.

End Game was truly such a great peak to the buildup every movie before it was leading to (and I say that as someone with significant superhero movie fatigue), I feel like they should have taken a break after that to let it simmer and give people something to miss and look forward to. The pandemic even gave them the perfect excuse, and yet they went full steam ahead with all these half baked projects that clearly are just hurting the brand for the most part.

As an example, many of us thought Avatar 2 would flop because of that loooooong ass break between it and the first one, and yet it smashed almost as hard as it. Call me crazy, but I think the break very well might have helped it, if only because it gave the creators the opportunity to innovate and create something of a quality they likely could not have if they took the MCU route and kept pushing out new movies in that universe every year or two.

I think the Ant Man sequel and the Disney+ series (Wanda Vision and Loki aside) was when it all started to feel like a pyramid scheme. Still perched for more Doctor Strange content though, I'm a sucker for magician characters.

Edited by gustavothehuman

3 hours ago, LustSpell said:

Never had an interest, never will. Only Superhero movie series I care for is Spider-Verse

Taste :clap: 

gotg3 was so good tho 

after endgame, but my most favorites marvel movies are the avengers (before the end game) and shang chi, the others were too FORCED 

Still and will always be interested. Can't wait for X-men

• ATRL Moderator

The last one I watched was the first Black Panther. Or the first Tom Holland Spider-Man; whichever came first.

After that, I remember seeing something about how a new movie included a cameo from someone from another movie and I just gave up. I'm not watching like 40 movies just so I understand all the crossovers :rip:

For me, it was Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness where my interest being to wane—especially due to the duds that came directly before it. That could have easily been WandaVision's second season. I feel like a lot of the films after Endgame could have just been Disney+ shows, with the films diving right into the next big threat. In theory, the only place left for the Marvel Cinematic Universe to go was down after Endgame, so Disney should have been more focused on not letting that happen. The films have been largely disappointing since Endgame, aside from a few really great ones like Shang-Chi and No Way Home.

While Disney/Marvel got the rights to X-Men and the Fantastic Four figured out, they should have definitely waited a couple of years before releasing new films. Or, at least, they should have been a lot more reserved about what they released afterwards. Since after Endgame, it's just been about quantity over quality.

I never followed religiously but enjoyed them enough prior to Endgame.

The Black Widow movie was the first one that I thought was actually bad, but I enjoyed some after that. Thor Love & Thunder was so bad and definitely my "I really don't need to watch a Marvel movie ever again" moment, especially because I liked Ragnarok so I had somewhat decent expectations.

Far from Home was when I really started to get tired of the MCU. But I'll admit they had a few good movies/TV shows since like Wakanda Forever and WandaVision.

The first Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris Pratt is so annoying and their whole quirky stupid inserts for cheap laughs turned me off right away. It all went downhill from there. 

I still watched Civil War and Dark World and eventually age of ultron on streaming,  so 2016.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.