Taylor Swift faces scrutiny over producing 138 tons of CO2 to see Travis Kelce

GraceRandolph

I'm here for her becoming the face/figurehead of calling out rich ass celebrities in general for how much they fly their jets. While I don't think she could ever possibly fly commercial, she could definitely reduce how much she flies private. This goes for all celebs too. And if she's staying in America for her travels, maybe she can slow down her life a bit and go via car for certain things like the rest of us, lol. 

Abolish private jets!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• GraceRandolph

• Bonicap

• Off The Wall

I mean that’s really not good is it.

the only thing is, is it safe or even possible for someone like her to fly commercial? 

4 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

We? Who is we? I definitely don't claim anyone should die

Oh you certainly do sis, try to be a little more nuanced.

You said you dont care about her overwhealming pollution which happens to directly contribute to several deaths related to environmental causes. If you dont care about that, then youre indirectly condoning her irresponsible actions and by default youre claiming youre fine with people dying.

:cm:

Some of you just need a big poster in your room that says: "I don't need to defend everything my fav does"

• Like 7

13 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

The private jet thing has always been one of the most hypocritical drama in the stan world. The only difference between Taylor and most of ATRL's favs is that Taylor owns her jets, hence their flights can be constantly tracked/attributed to her, even when she loans them. Celebs normally just rent private jets instead. I'm sorry but y'all are dumb if you don't think your favs are doing the same :rip:

Okay we get that Taylor can’t fly commercial, but her family and friends don’t need to be using her jets to take trips to the groceries

At this point she should just start a fund for planting the trees for the amount of pollution she produces. It would save her from the criticism, since she won’t change her flights’ schedules even when not touring.

I don’t think some of you have realized yet that she has a really large young fanbase and, by the time the effects of global warming become worse, it will definitely sour her image for them if she’s the face of celebrity jet pollution or shows to be unbothered about it. If not for the cause, then do it for your image and legacy. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

It's not a justification. We just don't care lol. The earth is doomed no matter if one person is polluting more or not. 

Also, no one expects her to fly economic. It is what it is. She's not the only celebrity using a private jet. And she's in the middle of the biggest tour ever. She's not gonna go from one place to the other by bus. 

Can you imagine the security risks while traveling from one state to the other in a bus lol 

You say it’s not a justification then go ahead to list a litany of justifications.  Make it make sense :doc:

• Like 1

What’s even worse is she KNOWS she’s been criticized about this and obviously doesn’t care.

13 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Exactly. Do they seriously think huge artists like Beyonce, or any other huge artist in a big tour are going to the airport and then waiting in the lobby for the next economic flight? 

My friend flew with Madonna in a commercial flight so some do.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tusk said:

Ya’ll need to drag some flight attendants and pilots who fly several times a week. 

I love how out of touch with reality this take is. It’s very fitting for this group!

and all of that for a fake PR relationship that will be over in a few weeks-months

15 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

and her fans will be here justifying it in 3... 2.. 1..

Literally every pop star boards their private jet weekly, please stop acting like Taylor is the only offender.

She also buys more than double the amount of carbon taxes needed to make up for it.

OT: She should buy land the size of a small country and plant forest on it to make up for it.

10 hours ago, Comedor said:

Nobody is asking her to stop using her jet, but it would be nice if she could reduce the number of flights.

This sums up my opinion on this. I understand why she's using a private jet (especially while on tour), but I can't for the life of me understand why she needs it so damn much. Like girl, take a car once in a while. 

• Like 2

yeah she doesn't really care about this issue :skull:

she better donate to some research about greener options cause... 

Imagine visiting such a beautiful continent as South America but deciding to fly back every night to the US to watch some local sport :rip: 

That's all?! The lack of respect this lady gets for being into her 1,013th and 1/3rd year of her career at 34 years old. Doesn't anyone respect the elderly anymore?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.