• JGibson

• Alldeezy

get him back! + Anti-Hero + Nothing Matters + New York + Hollywood Baby :loud:

Anti-Here & Get Him Back :clap3:

Taylor + Olivia :clap3:

Renzo's Best Of 2023

Set 9: #20 - #11 

#20. Monika Roscher Bigband - A Taste Of The Apocalypse

This year I explored progressive genres, and that's how I came to this band. Their music is eclectic, atmospheric and schizoid, fusing elements of jazz and progressive rock to create a surprising and unique sound.

#19. The Warning - More

I've been following The Warning for a while now. Evolve and Error are good songs, but with More, they finally had me. I'm glad they are getting a well deserved recognition.

#18. shame - Fingers Of Steel

This new wave of post-punk bands (shame, Fontaines D.C., Squid, IDLES, Sports Team, among others) has been a pleasant surprise. They’ve been able to innovate and adapt this genre to current times. I hope to see them live soon.

#17. Model/Actriz - Crossing Guard

I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. Those dissonant guitars that cut like blades and their overwhelming minimalist rhythm reminded me a lot of Nine Inch Nails.

#16. The Sherlocks - Sirens

I know they've been on the scene for a while, but I just discovered them with this song. A very promising band with a classic English indie rock sound.

#15. boygenius - Not Strong Enough

This trio gave us a lot to talk about this year. Their work feels honest and pure, which isn’t very common in the music industry nowadays. This is a group to watch in the coming years.

#14. Enter Shikari - It Hurts

I wasn’t a big fan of Enter Shikari's previous work, their sound felt quite messy. However, their new album is an exception. It has the right balance between melodic and heavy.

#13. Bring Me The Horizon - LosT

It's fun to see how Bring Me The Horizon can constantly change their sound. Honestly, after Amo I thought they were going to converge into a sort of The Chainsmokers, but it's gratifying to see that they can still make songs with heavy breakdowns.

#12. Taking Back Sunday - The One

This is my favorite Taking Back Sunday song in like 15 years. The vibe of this song appeals a lot to nostalgia. Hearing John Nolan's voice front in center brought back many memories of the iconic Tell All Your Friends era.

#11. The Rocket Summer - M4U

The few songs I had heard from The Rocket Summer had a power pop-oriented style, like Skies So Blue or So Much Love. His new stuff has a more indie-oriented style, and it works really well.

Top 10 will be revealead tomorrow. Any predictions? :fonso:

It Hurts + The One :clap3:

LosT + Not Strong Enough + More :worship:

Renzo's Best Of 2023

Set 10: #10 - #01 

#10. Ratboys - It’s Alive!

I discovered this band thanks to Stereogum. The mix between Julia Steiner’s tender and expressive singing and those power chords fits really well.

#09. The Killers - Your Side Of Town

I love how The Killers can experiment with different sounds. This song has a totally eighties vibe with a significant participation of synthesizers and a clear nod to Pet Shop Boys. I’m so excited about their new album. They’re definitely one of my favorite bands of all time.

#08. Temples - Gamma Rays

This song was my favorite of last summer. Its danceable rhythm, as well as those catchy choruses and psychedelic vibes made it a summer anthem.

#07. Linkin Park - Lost

It was totally unexpected that we’d have a new Linkin Park song this year. Even though I’m not a big fan of posthumous releases, I felt thrilled to hear Chester Bennington’s voice after almost 6 years. Chester was the voice of our generation. For those who grew up with their music, this legendary band will forever have an important place in our lives.

#06. MisterWives - Nosebleeds

I wasn’t really into MisterWives previous stuff, except for Reflections. I know that they changed their sound tremendously with this new album. I think this more aggressive and pop-punk sound works pretty well for them.

#05. Pendulum & Bullet For My Valentine - Halo

I’ve been following Pendulum for a while, Propane Nightmares and Watercolour are recurrent songs on my playlists, but Halo hits differently. This song is an absolute banger. I think it could have a slightly longer ending, but its short length induces me to play it on repeat. I’m still really impressed that Matthew Tuck’s voice matches perfectly with an EDM theme.

#04. Olivia Rodrigo - vampire

This incredibly talented girl became one of my faves in a really short time. Sour belongs to the hall of fame of pop history. So when she announced this new album, I felt excited as well as a little bit afraid that she could suffer from the “second album syndrome”. Fortunately, Guts didn’t fail to meet my expectations. I love to see that Olivia didn’t get stuck in the angry ex-girlfriend role, proving that she has the ability to make edgy and deep songs. She’s maturing as an artist, and I'll be closely following her musical evolution.

#03. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

I've been a Swiftie since the 1989 era. She's my favorite singer of all time. This year I finally attended a Taylor concert, and it was a dream come true. I went to the first show of The Eras Tour in Argentina. That concert was a unique and life-changing experience. I’ve attended many concerts, but this one was my favorite by far. I’m still astonished to see the Estadio Monumental totally full and the crowd chanting every song Taylor played that day. Even though Midnights is far from being her best work, I’ll always remember that during this era I finally saw her live.

#02. Paramore - Running Out Of Time

I became a Paramore fan after their self-titled album. Since that moment, they have dominated my year-end lists and reached the top spot three times: Ain’t It Fun (2014), Hard Times (2017) and This Is Why (2022). This year I finally attend a concert of them in my country. It was an incredible experience. Hayley is an incredible performer and a really kind person. Musically, I love their evolution. Despite enjoying a lot of their emo and pop-punk stuff, I appreciate that they were able to remain relevant nowadays by exploring new genres like indie pop and post-punk.

#01. Lovejoy - Call Me What You Like

Lovejoy is the most promising indie rock band that I've heard of in many years. Their sound is intense and energetic, which is complemented by punchy instrumentation and meaningful lyrics, proving that this band has the potential to create memorable music. Call Me What You Like is a powerful track, this absolutely blew my mind when I heard it for the first time. Its lyrics are both relatable and extremely honest. Their EPs released so far are awesome, and I can't wait to hear their first studio album. I hope that they can soon cross the barrier of the alternative world and become a massive band.

Thanks for all your awesome comments! Wishing you all a fantastic New Year filled with happiness and endless fun! :biggrin2:

Running Out Of Time + vampire + Lavender Haze + Lost + Your Side Of Town + Nosebleeds  :worship:

Lovejoy #1 :party:

The Killers + Linkin Park :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

The write-up about The Killers. :clap3: I feel they are an overexposed band but whose artistry is severely underrated. Pressure Machine and Imploding The Mirage are two of my all time favourite albums. Their single this year was great.

Vampire, Lavender Haze, Running Out of Time :clap3: 

Wait 'Linkin Park - Lost' sounds good :cupid:

Paramore top 2 :clap3:

I get a good sense of your preferred genre/sound now, nice list.

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎, 𝚃𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚘𝚛 & 𝙾𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚘𝚙 𝟻 :clap3:

Your Side of Town is one of their best songs in a while!!  I hope they’ll continue with this sound

Vampire is such a grower :alexz:

• 2 weeks later...

vampire, Your Side Of Town, Lost, Lavender Haze  :clap: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.