November: PS5 sells close to 1M in Europe. Xbox Series...50k

tiagol88

Over in console, and 1.3 million units of hardware were sold across tracked markets. If we just look at the same four week period as last year, sales are up 59% year-on-year

This was entirely driven by PS5, which was in stock over the popular Black Friday period for the first time since it launched in 2020. PS5 sales are up 376% over the year before, and was comfortably the biggest console of the month. Nintendo Switch is the second biggest, but sales are down 35% over last November. Xbox Series S and X is in third position, with sales down 26% over the year before.

Console data does not include all markets and is missing Germany and the UK. For UK data, click here.

European GSD November 2023 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)

Position Title
1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision Blizzard)
2 EA Sports FC 24 (EA)
3 Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)

4 Super Mario Bros Wonder (Nintendo)*
5 Spider-Man 2 (Sony)
6 Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
7 Assassin's Creed Mirage (Ubisoft)
8 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)*
9 Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
10 Football Manager 2024 (Sega)

*Digital data unavailable

Source

November 2022 sales:
Switch: 415k
PS5: 205k
Xbox Series: 73k

Thos november percentages:

PS5 : +376 %
Switch : -35 %
X-box : - 26%

Meaning:

Nov 2023 (Europe, minus Germany and UK):
PS5 ~978k
NSW ~267k
XBS ~54k

UK: 0.49m
#1 PS5 +126%
#2 XBS +4%
#3 NSW -19%

US: ~2m
#1 PS5: <1,062,000 >1,000,000
#2 XBS: <584,000
#3 NSW: <584,000
All down >20% in the US.

The way Xbox is DEAD in Europe and flatlining in the USA like this :redface:

extra: 

HIfJff1.jpeg

Edited by tiagol88
  • Like 1

It's still shocking to me how that singular launch event 10 years ago seems to be what set the tone for Xbox's decline :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Xbox Series X is better.

According to the average consumer, that appears invalid..:eddie:

4 minutes ago, Dephira said:

PS5 is for bottoms, Xbox is for tops 

what about nintendo?

Just now, Yog said:

According to the average consumer, that appears invalid..:eddie:

Well those are average consumers. We are above average people with quality.

4 minutes ago, Khal said:

It's still shocking to me how that singular launch event 10 years ago seems to be what set the tone for Xbox's decline :deadbanana2:

They have an entry console selling for like 250€ with 3 month gamepass (Series S) and still sell like this in europe with a competitor that's selling for like 500€ with no subscription attached to it. There comes a point that we need to just stop talking about Xbox One and talk about actual market rejection. That's what's happening with Xbox. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

They have an entry console selling for like 250€ with 3 month gamepass (Series S) and still sell like this in europe with a competitor that's selling for like 500€ with no subscription attached to it. There comes a point that we need to just stop talking about Xbox One and talk about actual market rejection. That's what's happening with Xbox. 

Should we talk about your social rejection instead? This is your 5th thread talking & obsessing over Xbox and it's sales. This means nothing and it doesn't show what is actually better. Please go outside.

eozzis2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Should we talk about your social rejection instead? This is your 5th thread talking & obsessing over Xbox and it's sales. This means nothing and it doesn't show what is actually better. Please go outside.

eozzis2.jpg

I'm sure there's more than just 5 topics discussing sales made from me tbh. There's also some i made from Nintendo, others from Playstation, others about the industry itself, others to talk about acquisitions. 

But i'm glad to see you're accepting this the best way possible. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

eozzis2.jpg

This exposé :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Khal said:

Always online, console's a brick without internet. Must have a Kinect, games are exclusive to one system and cannot be traded, $100 more than the PS4... Telling us to "buy the 360 if you don't like that the Xbox One is always online" all this and STILL being less powerful than the PS4.

Literally ruined their console series for the forseeable future :deadbanana4: It's BAFFLING how they ****** up so hard

Edited by LustSpell
  • Haha 1

Xbox has no games that interest me. PS5 has SM2 and Horizon FW. Nintendo has Zelda and Xenoblade. Xbox is also simply unpopular here.

1 minute ago, LustSpell said:

Always online, consoles a brick without internet. Must have a Kinect, games are exclusive to one system and cannot be traded, $100 more than the PS4... Telling us to "buy the 360 if you don't like that the Xbox One is always online"

Literally ruined their console series for the forseeable future :deadbanana4: It's BAFFLING how they ****** up so hard

With a tech company as capitalistic as MS, I'm not surprised they just got greedy. :rip:  PS3's were neck and neck with the 360 and the only reason they were selling was bc they were a great deal as far as Blu-ray players go. It acted more of an entertainment console initially but in the end PS3 outsold and they invested a lot into first party studios and critically acclaimed games like The Last of Us came out. Then they flipped and the PS4 was suddenly the games console and the One was an entertainment console with emphasis on motion controlled TV, always online, sports, no sharing DRM games, etc. Absolute morons, I don't remember the last hardware success they had in the past 15 years. Xbox, HoloLens, Surface, Duo, MS Phone and Zune bombed. :deadbanana4:

i literally don't know anyone with an Xbox One.. every either has the PS5(and the Switch) or a PS4 and waiting for a PS5 Pro.

The fall off for XBox is insane:rip: The way they were running things in the late 2000’s/early 2010’s with Call of Duty & Halo. To now being a joke

Not people having a stanfight over consoles :rip: (and there being an Obsessed XBOX Hater)

Edited by Dephira

Had an Xbox 360 years ago and sold it as it was collecting dust, and never bothered with the others.

Playstation and Nintendo are way better, imo :hippo:

And still less profit than Xbox, CEO fired from company, Bungie crumbling down after acquisition and layoffs/canceled games at Naughty Dog :redface: 1 million playstations that will more likely buy an xbox game (Minecraft and Call of Duty) and contribute to even more profits for xbox :ghostface: You can't make this sh*t up skofjidsdoikjfks

Still an amazing feat for Sony tho :clap3: Selling so many consoles even tho they had one of the worst years software-wise. Basically no new games apart from spiderman (which is a glorified DLC) :rip: Brand loyalty really does wonders!

Edited by magazine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.