Is Monday to Friday a blur? with only the weekend being a brief reprieve?

Pikachoo

is Monday to Friday a blur to you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is it?

• Yes it is. Weekend is alright though.
    • Yes it is. and the weekend is a blur too

I am content with what I do. I'm not waking up each morning go YESSSSSS, but I'm okay with it. I make 100k, I'm very much okay with it.

But it feels like Monday to Friday is a giant blur. just go through the motions. even after work, eat dinner, relax a bit (whether that's watching TV or anything else) in preparation for the next day.

weekend comes, I cheer up a bit. feel some relief. and then oop - back to Monday. here we go again.

do you feel this way? do you think rich people like Bill Gates or Rihanna feel this way?

• Like 1

That’s because you need to fill your time off with social hobbies. You have to find a third place. Try Meetup.com for example of local activities in your area that you would enjoy. You can try to volunteer, mentor children, join a LGBTQ organization. Doing things like this not only breaks up the day, but will make you feel more alive. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yup - that's why I work 3 days a week. The work week isn't even that dreadful because I know it's only 3 days - there's something liberating about having more time off than working

I used to be fixated on this idea of retiring early but now I realize relaxing early is more important

• Like 4

I hate Sundays. All the stores are closed in our country. I have no problem with the other days. I often have time off during the week. I work part-time and I like it better that way. Money isn't everything.

thats late stage capitalism for u honeyyy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tropez said:

That’s because you need to fill your time off with social hobbies. You have to find a third place. Try Meetup.com for example of local activities in your area that you would enjoy. You can try to volunteer, mentor children, join a LGBTQ organization. Doing things like this not only breaks up the day, but will make you feel more alive. 

true. I used to take guitar lessons during the week. I always looked forward to it. I should start taking them again. also want to get into photography.

Yes, I live for the weekend! All of my obligations are handled Monday through Friday, so that I can do whatever I want on Saturday and Sunday. 

20 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Yup - that's why I work 3 days a week. The work week isn't even that dreadful because I know it's only 3 days - there's something liberating about having more time off than working

I used to be fixated on this idea of retiring early but now I realize relaxing early is more important

are you paid a full time salary?

3 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

are you paid a full time salary?

Nope I'm not salaried - I'm self employed. I basically get paid the more I work. I could work 7 days a week if I wanted to.

But a 3 day work week is sufficient for my needs.

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

Nope I'm not salaried - I'm self employed. I basically get paid the more I work. I could work 7 days a week if I wanted to.

But a 3 day work week is sufficient for my needs.

good for you! I admit I've been following the FIRE movement, but for what?

5 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

good for you! I admit I've been following the FIRE movement, but for what?

I used to be obsessed about the FIRE movement but I've realized relaxing early > retiring early.

I still would love to retire early, but not at the cost of relaxing early. No point in retiring at 50 if your 30s and 40s are majorly focused on work but everyone has their own views on that. 

In Canada, an RRSP and TFSA is more than enough to achieve a balance between work and retirement and relaxing imo.

Edited by naval23

Oh darling here in my country u work from monday to saturday for 504 dollars a month :giraffe: to go higher than that u need really good networking
welcome to the developing world

I have one classmates who's working from monday to sunday for 400 dollars a month :giraffe: and thats normalized here in little towns

Love your threads. Theyre so iconic :gaycat2:

Yes working all that much should be illegal. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

I don't feel that way tbh, it must be because I love the people I work with though, I have as much fun at work as I do when I hang out with friends. 

I try to go out at night and enjoy my city the way a tourist would be, also take cooking workshops, theatre plays, etc to avoid feeling like that.

i try to do activities/call my friends in the week so i don't feel like that. if nothing else i read a book, which still makes me feel like there's more to my life than work 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.